Costa All Inclusive Drinks Package

stevieboy2k

I am travelling on Costa Mediterranea on 29th August and have booked the all inclusive drinks package at 19.50 euros a day..

Just to clarify, is this is just beer/ wine and soft drinks or is it everything but the starred drinks on the drinks menu that has been posted on here? (Just Costa's website is quite confusing)

Secondly.. has everyone who has bought this package found it good value?

Cheers

Steven

It is everything except the "starred*d" items as you say.

Personally, I thought it was amazing value, so much so, we came back with an unexpected low spend tab so much so, we booked another two cruises!

We however are big drinkers on board, not unusual for us to spend in excess of £2000 on bar tabs for a cruise.

When we took the all inclusive, we thought, oh well, if we only use it by day and get our usual drinks at night we will still save - wrong - ALL of the drinks were just fantastic - cosmos, mojitos, sparkling wine - good decent house red and white - bloody marys - unbelievable really!

For our next cruise, we paid around £120 each for seven days drinks -:eek:

HOW can anyone argue with that - its amazing!!

For sure its made cruising very very affordable!

Its terrific - enjoy!!!

Oh that's fantastic... I thought it was cheap but couldn't see how they would allow all them drinks for that price! Now really looking forward to getting on board and sailing away... (with cocktail in hand of course :D)

The new drink package sounds completely awesome! My last Costa cruise was in October and they used to have two packages. The X1 and the J2 which were both super top secret. It wasn't until my 5th cruise that I even knew about the drink package. They were not a great deal but were good enough if you could make it work for your lifestyle.

The X1 was $25 per couple per day. You were permitted unlimited house beer and house wine at lunch and dinner only. In the buffet and restaurant at lunch and the restaurant only at dinner. That is it.

The J2 was $110 per couple per day. You were permitted alcohol, wine, beer and any mixed drinks $7 or less unlimited.

I had the X1 several times and never got to the J2. This new drink package is quite the deal and I am glad it is available. I think it is part of Costa trying to change some things for the improved passenger experience. It seems to be working if people are booking more cruises in the long term. Cheers.

I am travelling on Costa Mediterranea on 29th August and have booked the all inclusive drinks package at 19.50 euros a day..

Just to clarify, is this is just beer/ wine and soft drinks or is it everything but the starred drinks on the drinks menu that has been posted on here? (Just Costa's website is quite confusing)

Secondly.. has everyone who has bought this package found it good value?

Cheers

Steven

It is the star of the cruise, draught beer only though. Wine and all drinks including coffee and water, JUST CHECK THE MENU.

When you dine at night after the first night, there will be a bottle of wine and water waiting for you. Recommend the PASQUA Over the others on offer.

Look out for Jack from Panama great barman and looks after you....it does not include the cabin fridge so have it emptied and bring back drinks and sodas,

Food is nath and 10 euro for breakfast in your cabin OTT, if you like fried eggs always ask for over easy. Evening meal ask for steak or alternatives if you do not like the menu.

Three drinks and you are in front.

Hope it helps and i hope your cruise is better than the one we had.

g

As fas as I know breakfast in your cabin is free, depending on what you have booked.

We will go on our first cruise with Costa next year and chose a premium (balcony) cabin. With the 'premium' you get free room/cabin service, that's what I have learned. Seems to be new.

As fas as I know breakfast in your cabin is free, depending on what you have booked.

We will go on our first cruise with Costa next year and chose a premium (balcony) cabin. With the 'premium' you get free room/cabin service, that's what I have learned. Seems to be new.

i believe this has changed and there is now a charge for room-service breakfast unless you are in a suite. i would suggest you start a new thread with this topic.

i believe this has changed and there is now a charge for room-service breakfast unless you are in a suite. i would suggest you start a new thread with this topic.

Blackforest is correct CTW - there is apparently a changeover period on the website, but the new cabin structure for 2013 has premium and classic. I originally had a classic balcony booked but was told I could not even REQUEST a table for two, or choice of dining times - to do so, come 2013, one will have to book a premium cabin. (ie classic wont even be able to choose early or late dining). Room service - classic will pay as per current (changed in 2012) and premium will receive free 24 hour room service and breakfast.

I changed my booking for 2013 to a premium balcony - wasnt too happy about it - but dont like the idea of waiting to board to find our dining arrangements.

Hi,

We have also booked the 'all-inclusive drinks package' on our next cruise in September. I would like to know if we can ask for a bottle of water each before going out on an excursion.

seems to me you would walk up to any bar and ask for a bottle.

seems to me you would walk up to any bar and ask for a bottle.

Just off the MED and was told smoking is no longer allowed in the Cabin only on the Balcony.

The English host Adam who has now left said that it was not policed though.

Water is available to take ant time.

g

Just off the MED and was told smoking is no longer allowed in the Cabin only on the Balcony.

g

told by whom? as far as i know, a 'host' is not allowed to set corporate policy. maybe that is why he is gone. i'll be cancelling if that is the case. it is not published on their website at this time:

"In the Theatres, Restaurants, Buffet Restaurant (indoor), corridors, halls, lifts and in the stairwells smoking is strictly forbidden.

There are reserved smoking areas in the lounges.

Pipes and cigars may only be smoked in designated areas.

For fire and safety reasons please remember to put cigarettes in the ashtrays provided and never throw cigarettes overboard"

Edited by CtheW0rld

Thanks, I had read that bottles of water are no longer give out free before excursions but have to be purchased. Therefore we were planning on getting a bottle from the bar before hand as we have 'all inclusive drinks'.

Thanks for your comments.

i'm pretty sure Blondie008 posted that in another thread. IIRC that poster said they would take bottles back to their cabin since the mini bar ones were not included in the all-inclusive.

Another reason for giving up cruising, if this is true:mad:

right now, we don't know the source. could be a troll. i have a call into costa, who is calling the home office for clarification. i am supposed to hear back from them today (wed 8/15).

My husband and I were on the Costa Favolosa in June and had the all inclusive drinks package. excellent value for money. We just got bottles of water from the bar or asked for some at breakfast to take ashore. This was the same for cans of coke. My husband does not drink alcohol but whenever I ordered a cocktail, I ordered an alcohol free one for him. Saved us a fortune!

g

told by whom? as far as i know, a 'host' is not allowed to set corporate policy. maybe that is why he is gone. i'll be cancelling if that is the case. it is not published on their website at this time:

"In the Theatres, Restaurants, Buffet Restaurant (indoor), corridors, halls, lifts and in the stairwells smoking is strictly forbidden.

There are reserved smoking areas in the lounges.

Pipes and cigars may only be smoked in designated areas.

For fire and safety reasons please remember to put cigarettes in the ashtrays provided and never throw cigarettes overboard"

just got off the phone with jade in customer care. she checked with corporate and was told is is no change in the smoking policy and none is planned. :)

just got off the phone with jade in customer care. she checked with corporate and was told is is no change in the smoking policy and none is planned. :)

Hope you are right as we were suprised, always have a Balcony+ and love a fag sorry Cigarette.

g

g

Smoking in the cabin is no longer allowed as a safety precaution.:)

Smoking in the cabin is no longer allowed as a safety precaution.:)

not according to the corporate office. i just spoke with them a couple days ago. please do try to check your facts before posting. welcome to CC.

Edited by CtheW0rld