Wrigley80's Excellent Adventure on the Dream Photo Review - December 4-15, 2014

wrigley80

Ok my friends well we have been home for almost 2 weeks and the holidays are over so it is time to begin my next photo review from our cruise on the Carnival Dream plus our pre and post-cruise days in New Orleans. Many of you know me from my past cruises and photo reviews with my dad. This cruise was a little different because it was my dad and myself but we also cruised with about 30 other people that we met last year on our roll call for our cruise on the Carnival Sunshine. We now cruise every December together (many of us have already made our booking for next December).

So you will see the fun that my dad and I had on our 11-day vacation but you will also see the fun that we had with our group. Our group is known as the Krewe of NOLA Kruisers. We are more than just friends who cruise together....we are like one big family.

So a little intro about my dad and myself.....My name is Brianna and I have been on 16 Carnival cruises and I only cruise on Carnival. I cruise with my dad, Rick. My mom went on our last cruise in July but she stayed home on this one. We are from northern Illinois and we love to cruise in the Winter months to escape our cold, snowy winters here at home.

So now that you know a little about who we are.....who is ready to jump onboard and begin this Carnival Dream photo review journey with me :) :) :)

I am really excited about your review! I love reading about you and your Dads adventures! You do a wonderful job with your writing skills and pictures. Thank you for taking the time to do it!

We will be on the Dream again in September 2015!

Edited by bluemoon12

We'll be on Dream in April , looking forward to your review, sailed on Dream several years ago when she was in New ORleans, glad they have brought her back to NO as we are able to drive instead of flying.

I definitely wish I lived closer to a port. I would be cruising every month if not more. For us living in Illinois there are many times when the airfare is more than the cruise....that's crazy. You will love the Dream....I know we did

I am ready wrigley80 !! Always enjoy your reviews and DW and I plus 4 family members and friends will be on the Dream in 14 days. :)

ooooooo 14 days. Now I am the jealous one. :)

You know I'm subscribed Brianna!!! Looking forward to this one, as I had friends from another board on the same sailing.

Thank You Jeff. Your reviews kept me busy at work many days in the late summer and early fall so now it is my turn to re-pay the favor. I hope you enjoy this one as much as the others :)

I am really excited about your review! I love reading about you and your Dads adventures! You do a wonderful job with your writing skills and pictures. Thank you for taking the time to do it!

We will be on the Dream again in September 2015!

Thank You so much. I guess my degree in Journalism is paying off in one way....not the way that I originally intended for it to but this is more fun anyway :p :) ;)

Happy Monday morning....who is ready for some photos

We started out our vacation on Thursday, December 4th. We always like to go in a day early but for this cruise we decided to go in 3 days early and spend some time with our friends in the Baton Rouge area (they would also be going on the cruise with us) and some friends of mine who live in New Orleans that I met on a cruise last April. And besides why not start the vacation a few days early

We flew out of O'Hare Airport with a non-stop flight on Spirit Airlines to New Orleans. Now I know there are people who don't like Spirit because of all the bag fees and seat fees but we paid $225.00 per person for our flight fare, bag fees, and seat fees. That was a great deal

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers001_zps63f5a7cc.jpg

I would not want to be this lady....pulling a carry-on and trying to use crutches :eek:

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers003_zps6794768b.jpg

Our first selfie. I bought a new camera for this cruise and I spent the whole flight to New Orleans playing with the settings and stuff so the first couple pics may be a little blurry.

Remember what I said about seat fees. We paid to sit in row 10 but prior to boarding a Spirit noticed a patch on my carry-on and asked if I would like to sit in First Class. Ummmm yes that was a no-brainer. My dad and I sat in the first row. It was wonderful.

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers004_zpscaa261a2.jpg

We are pushing away from the gate

CruiseontheCarnivalDreamwiththeKreweofNOLAKruisers005_zps0cd90522.jpg

Another Spirit Airlines plane at the next gate. I would have to say that the flight was amazing. I am not a big fan of flying and I didn't have any problems

I've really been looking forward to this one, so you know I'm following along. So glad that you're also including your pre-cruise stay in New Orleans. :D

Good morning Holly. So many people when doing reviews don't include the pre and post-cruise stuff so I enjoy putting that in as well.