HAL Presidents Sale

freestyling

seems to be a variation of the past few months' Top 10 sailings offers - these used to be refreshed every week on a Monday. The President's choice appears to be an offshoot but different in that the savings are in the way of OBC offered rather than reducing the price.

I know some sailings on those Top 10 were really good deals.

One of the choices is a cruise I have been thinking about. The President's Pick pricing is more than when I just use my Mariner number.

Looks as if this is the Ready Set Sail promo and pricing.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Just got free Gratuities for 49 days Atlantic crossing.

Curious how that worked... we're booked on that cruise and just passed the early penalty start (a month earlier than final payment because of the long cruise). So did you rebook and get a new booking number' date=' but that would require forfeit of the deposit. So I'd like to know how that worked! Great deal. m--

edited: I think I may have misunderstood, maybe this is a new booking under the Ready Set Sail promotion. When we booked, the price we got was better than the promotion price after comparing the perks vs. the non-perks pricings. Things may habe changed since our booking.... So I guess I can't get both perks [b']and[/b] cheap price. :) :) :) m--

Edited by RMLincoln

Curious how that worked... we're booked on that cruise and just passed the early penalty start (a month earlier than final payment because of the long cruise). So did you rebook and get a new booking number, but that would require forfeit of the deposit. So I'd like to know how that worked! Great deal. m--

edited: I think I may have misunderstood, maybe this is a new booking under the Ready Set Sail promotion. When we booked, the price we got was better than the promotion price after comparing the perks vs. the non-perks pricings. Things may habe changed since our booking.... So I guess I can't get both perks and cheap price. :) :) :) m--

Once you pass final payment date HAL usually does not give you the lower fare, but I have heard of them offering you a cabin upgrade, or possibly some OBC.

In most cases, you can get a lower fare if you forego the promotion. Also, usually you have to pick one promotion or the other. I have been successful in getting a new promotion added to my existing low fare deal, but this is the exception and does not work for the major promotions.

With HAL, the best thing to due is to check with your TA or HAL rep and ask. You never know the answer you might get.

Thanks for the encouragement Dave! I think we got a very good deal through a large travel agency we've done some work with in the past, not the big box guys, they were higher at time of booking and still are, all perks adjusted. Our PCC saw through his system that we had booked and he contacted me; I told him what we booked and for how much, said I'd be happy if he could offer us a better deal to consider but I haven't heard from him since. Our TA said it was a Mariner pricing. HALs website prices aren't showing me any Mariner discounts, which I don't understand why. And they don't show pricing for non-promotion fare without the perks (or I don't know how to find them). I've been watching what at can, and remain happy with our booking, still being about $400pp lower than anything else I can find.

Our final payment isn't until July 14 (actually maybe 20th by HAL requirements) so there's still time for change but not much, and the ship I think is getting pretty full, so not likely to show any big dives. I'm getting into the research and looking forward to being on a dam ship for 49 dinners! m--

Thanks for the encouragement Dave! I think we got a very good deal through a large travel agency we've done some work with in the past, not the big box guys, they were higher at time of booking and still are, all perks adjusted. Our PCC saw through his system that we had booked and he contacted me; I told him what we booked and for how much, said I'd be happy if he could offer us a better deal to consider but I haven't heard from him since. Our TA said it was a Mariner pricing. HALs website prices aren't showing me any Mariner discounts, which I don't understand why. And they don't show pricing for non-promotion fare without the perks (or I don't know how to find them). I've been watching what at can, and remain happy with our booking, still being about $400pp lower than anything else I can find.

Our final payment isn't until July 14 (actually maybe 20th by HAL requirements) so there's still time for change but not much, and the ship I think is getting pretty full, so not likely to show any big dives. I'm getting into the research and looking forward to being on a dam ship for 49 dinners! m--

Hi, Maureen

Glad to see you are sailing this great cruise. We did another 30 day TA and Med in April and loved it. I'm sure you will enjoy this one.

How have your been?

The only way (that I know of) to tell if you are seeing Mariner pricing is to check the price without entering your Mariner number and then go back and try again after you put your number in. A bit of a pain, but it may answer your question.

Hi, Maureen

Glad to see you are sailing this great cruise. We did another 30 day TA and Med in April and loved it. I'm sure you will enjoy this one.

How have your been?

Busy here just now, winding down a major wildland fire that threatened 3 communities near us, not ours this time!, but thankfully left them unharmed, all evacuees back home after 4 days. Trying to keep up with new fire starts, 'tis the season until the rains come around july 4th or shortly after... we hope. Horribly hot, 100s+ in Albuquerque, 90 here, very rare.

Enjoying looking ahead at the cruise for a happy diversion! We've been to some of these ports but many others are new to us. It's all so different from the laid-back south Pacific islands of last year but it'll be fun - we'll try to focus on Etruscan ruins where we can. And r/t USA, the best. Biggest concern is that we have guarantee booking, so fingers crossed! Glad you enjoyed your Med cruise. For me, it's hard to have a bad day on cruise ship! Only 120 more supper to prepare here ;) m--

Busy here just now, winding down a major wildland fire that threatened 3 communities near us, not ours this time!, but thankfully left them unharmed, all evacuees back home after 4 days. Trying to keep up with new fire starts, 'tis the season until the rains come around july 4th or shortly after... we hope. Horribly hot, 100s+ in Albuquerque, 90 here, very rare.

Enjoying looking ahead at the cruise for a happy diversion! We've been to some of these ports but many others are new to us. It's all so different from the laid-back south Pacific islands of last year but it'll be fun - we'll try to focus on Etruscan ruins where we can. And r/t USA, the best. Biggest concern is that we have guarantee booking, so fingers crossed! Glad you enjoyed your Med cruise. For me, it's hard to have a bad day on cruise ship! Only 120 more supper to prepare here ;) m--

The best cruise: some new and some old ports. The known-to-you ports let you have a few easy days.

Great itinerary: Malaga's Alcazaba (11th C) and Teatro Romano are worth the time to see. Lovely area.

Cartagena - Catsello and a new area just starting to get built with many interpretive signs that are quite good. Teatro Romano here is good, too.

Naples , if not Pompeii (splendid) then Herculaneum is fantastic.

So true: SO different form the S. Pacific! We always find Europe to be an adventure!

Hope your GUAR works out well!

The best cruise: some new and some old ports. The known-to-you ports let you have a few easy days.

Great itinerary: Malaga's Alcazaba (11th C) and Teatro Romano are worth the time to see. Lovely area.

Cartagena - Catsello and a new area just starting to get built with many interpretive signs that are quite good. Teatro Romano here is good, too.

Naples , if not Pompeii (splendid) then Herculaneum is fantastic.

So true: SO different form the S. Pacific! We always find Europe to be an adventure!

Hope your GUAR works out well!

Good ideas! We haven't been to Malaga, so that is new. In Cartagena last time to enjoyed the nautical archaeologic museum right next to the pier, fascinating history from the recovery of shipwreck cargoes, but I will look at your suggestion of Catsello as we have not come up with a plan yet.

Have been considering Herculaneum, maybe a DIY; Pompeii was a crowded rush when we went there a few years ago.

Calmer her today but peak of the heat; expecting it to cool down starting tomorrow. Thank you for connecting! m--