Aft cabins on the Azura anyone??

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:39 AM.
manchester
170 Posts
Joined May 2009
Anybody been in the aft cabins on the azura ? We have one booked and was wondering what the room is like and what you get out on your balcony any info from someone who has been in one we have booked end aft B749 thanks in advance
Cambridge UK
68 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Can't help on this one but we have B748 booked so would be interested to read any replies!

Margo
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Margo

Norwegian Epic Feb 2016
Megellen Sep 2015
Celebrity Eclipse June 2015
MSC Sinfonia Sep 13
Black Watch - Sep 12
Celebrity Solstice - May 12
Crown Princess - July 11
Azura - Nov 10
Queen Mary 2 - July 09
Norwegian Jade - June 08
Island star - June 07
Island Star - June -06
Petersfield, Hampshire, England
67 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Hi!

We have B747 booked! (Inside stateroom so not quite so posh!) I am interested in corridor or engine noise etc and what the launderettes are like.

Cheers!
cornwall
8 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
We are booked in cabin d734,which has come up on the invoice as an obstructed view so looking forward to replies on this which could be helpful as i am thinking now of changing cabins
York, UK
4,375 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by ukgirlie1
Hi!

We have B747 booked! (Inside stateroom so not quite so posh!) I am interested in corridor or engine noise etc and what the launderettes are like.

Cheers!
Cant help on the cabin question but the launderettes are good. They have two washers, two dryers plus two irons and ironing boards in each one. The machines are pretty industrial but very good. Only issue is people not checking back on their laundry so you may need to empty the washer or dryer to allow you to put your clothes in. It becomes more practical as the cruise progresses and in fact can reduce the burden of the washing chores when you get home.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

York, UK
4,375 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Found a good pic of the aft of Ventura here which has the same layout as Azura.

Those in aft B deck balconies should find their balconies are a bit larger than those to the port or starboard. Im perplexed at the suggestion that the D deck aft cabin is an obstructed view. The only thing I can think of is if you look at the second cabin in from the left on D deck (the second row of cabins up from sea level on the aft) you can see a dividing support and then a balcony devide which seperates D735 from the adjacent suite balconies. Well these divides look to be off set a little meaning that the view from the balcony doors may not be the full width of the doors.

Im sure someone will come on and explain it better but if you look at the picture it may make more sense.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

255 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Hi - for all of you wanting advise on aft balconies. The following link shows a picture which you can enlarge. You can also click and drag it so individual balconies.

From what I can see the obstructions on D deck look small and I wouldn't worry . However there are some on B deck which are quite bad obstructions. ie. large pillar in centre of the balcony.

Definately worth checking out if you room is affected. It seems to be B750 and B751 which are worst affected

Hth's

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/dlp657...39532187227762

Sue
turkey
31 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Hi I have B747 booked for this January, can you tell me how was the room and also is there access to the deck from the exit shown on the boat profile by the cabin/corridor.
Thanks