Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old March 15th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Default Member Reviews of the Week by Sunnymom02, kyriecat, CactusGirly, Artemis44 & coold8!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Over the Shoulder Travel Bag-- we hope they enjoy it!

Carnival Dream I'm dreaming of another dream cruise by Sunnymom02
My husband and I traveled on the Carnival Dream on February 25th to March 3rd and had a fabulous time!! This is our 5th cruise with Carnival. My overall impression of the ship was that it was in good condition and the decor had a lot of bling, which I like anyway. I found that the Dream class ship layout was similar to the Conquest layout, and this is what I prefer. So I enjoyed the layout of this ship. Embarkation We flew down from Minneapolis to Orlando the day before and stayed at the Double Tree Inn on Cocoa Beach. We had our shuttle from the airport to the hotel arranged with a company through our travel agency. This transfer was not through Carnival as we were coming down a day earlier. We rode in a small van by ourselves and paid $71.00 for the both of us. When we landed in Orlando, our driver contacted us right away and met us at the airport. The only problem we had with this was that our travel agent said we had paid for the transfer and when we arrived at our hotel, the driver said that we owed money. We called our travel agency back home and she said to pay him and she would reimburse us when we got back from our vacation and figure out what went wrong. Not sure what all got mixed up, but not a fan of the transfer from Orlando to the Port Canaveral area. Continue reading I'm dreaming of another dream cruise

Adventure of the Seas Adventure of the Seas, Feb. 26 Mar. 5, 2012, S. Caribbean by kyriecat
Background: This was a ladies' family cruise. I am 40. This was my 11th Royal Caribbean cruise, but my first time on a voyager class ship. I shared a cabin with my aunt (50) who was on her 4th cruise but had also never been on a Voyager class ship. We traveled with my mom (6th cruise, second time on Voyager class) and my cousin who is 30 and was her first cruise. My mom is a full-time wheelchair user. We departed from San Juan and had stops in St. Croix, St. Maarten/St. Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados. Pre-Cruise: We flew into San Juan on the 25th and arrived late afternoon. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel location was good -- close to Ashford Street with a variety of restaurants, shops, and a small beach. There were many pre-cruise guests at the hotel. The hotel is not very well sound-proofed so we could hear both street noise and hall noise during the night. Continue reading Adventure of the Seas, Feb. 26 Mar. 5, 2012, S. Caribbean

Celebrity Solstice Wonderful Trip - Can't Wait To Sail Celebrity Again by CactusGirly
A little about us: DH and I are in our early 40's and have 3 young children. We are both in exec level positions at tech companies, and have travelled extensively. We both love good food, and enjoy most any cuisine - whether it's fine dining or a well made burger & fries. Our previous cruising experience: Before we were married, DH had done a transatlantic on a recently-made-infamous cruise line and I was a cruise virgin. A couple of years ago we took the kids (and 3 sets of grandparents) on a Disney cruise. It was fabulous, and I was hooked. Why Celebrity: To celebrate our anniversary this year, we decided to do an "adults only" cruise. It was my job to research cruiselines and itineraries. We were looking for upscale experience, good food, nice suites, and outstanding service. I had a colleague who had returned from a honeymoon cruise on the Solstice a year earlier and raved about it, so it was down to Celebrity or HAL. We chose Celebrity based on reviews and dates available for the itinerary we were looking for. We booked Sky Suite #1665, Deck 11 Aft. Continue reading Wonderful Trip - Can't Wait To Sail Celebrity Again

Disney Dream Disney Dream totally rocked--Mom and Dad of two youngins by Artemis44
I'll start by saying this is my very first cruise review, and I feel compelled to write it because we had such an amazing time. Also, having read some of the not-so-shiny reviews from other cruisers, I wanted to address concerns that future cruisers might have. ENTERTAINMENT: I'll start with the entertainment, because it is here that I think Disney was heads above the rest of the cruising industry. I didn't see the first comic musician (John Charles), but my mother went, and she raved about it for the rest of the cruise. The restaurants are entertaining in themselves. Firstly, they allow the kids to scribble all over the tabletops every evening, which, I must admit, is a real plus. My daughter colored every evening. And some places, like Animator's Palate, have enough entertainment going on that it sometimes distracts from what is supposed to be happening (eating!) But I'm not complaining. With kids, you want as much to do as possible, and I thought Disney came through in this regard. Continue reading Disney Dream totally rocked--Mom and Dad of two youngins

Norwegian Epic Epic Experience on the Epic by coold8
We sailed on the March 3rd sailing in a 2 bedroom courtyard Villa on Deck 17. Armando was our butler, and Ruth was our concierge. We cruised with my 30-yr old sister, 34-yr old brother-in-law, myself, 21-yr old male, my mother mid-50s, and my niece 2-yrs old, and my nephew, 3-yrs old. We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in one of their 2 Bedroom Dynasty suites and used the hotels car service to drive us to the port. The Mandarin was wonderful, and it had the first affordable 5-star hotel restaurant with good food. The balcony was literally the size of our Villa on the Epic, so be careful they spoil you at MOs. We also spent a good majority of our night at a Skybox at LIV, and had a wonderful time as well there. Make sure you reserve a table in advance though, and be aware of the steep table minimums. If you are into nightclubs, I highly recommend a visit to the mecca of all nightclubs (it was consistently rated by Askmen as the number 1 or 2 club in the world). Continue reading Epic Experience on the Epic

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; March 15th, 2012 at 06:19 PM.