Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > Cozumel

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 25th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Chankanaab vs Money Bar vs Playa Uvas

I've been reading and reading about each and now looking for opinions on which people think is best. I'm going with a group of 3. Two of us love to snorkel but the third just wants to relax on the "beach." May be able to tempt her if snorkeling is easy from shore. Help, please.

Old April 26th, 2012, 07:30 AM
10,000+ Club

Shore snorkeling is easy at both Chank and Money bar (sorry, never been to Playa Uvas). The beach is much nicer at Chank as there is only a sandy area for sunning at the Money Bar (you enter the water via steps) - but there's an admission fee for Cahnk that you need to factor into your decision.

You might consider stopping by the Money bar to snorkel and then heading out to one of the other beach clubs to keep everyone happy. Good luck!

Old April 26th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

If you have one who does not want to snorkel, Money Bar may not be the right choice.

It was not TOO difficult from shore, but the currents were there, and getting in the water on the stairs was a little difficult. There is a pretty good area you can stand in though, so that is a good way to ease into snorkeling. The snorkeling was amazing, and drinks and food are reasonably priced- chairs free.

However, the beach is just trucked in sand.

Chakanaab seems the best bet for a non-snorkeler, but it is expensive for entry. We only have experience with Money Bar.
Planned:
[strike]NCL Jewel- Western Carribean 12/8/13[/strike]
Celebrity Xpedition- Galapagos 9/28/14

Old April 26th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks JohninDC and skittl1321. Appreciate your opinions! I kinda like the idea of splitting the time between snorkeling and a beach club. Originally, I'd been leaning toward Chankanaab, but I heard it can get crowded on a day with a lot of cruise ships in port, which just happens to be the day I'll be there. My ship is the last in port, so I won't be able to get there early. That's when I started looking at other options.

Old April 26th, 2012, 06:46 PM
5,000+ Club

The Money Bar is free. We did buy some drinks and lunch.
Royal 3
Princess 1

I have no cruise control, it's like they book themselves.

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking

I am a HUGE fan of Money Bar.

We had a decent deal for $60- hour of snorkeling, thirty minute massage, lunch & drink, cocktail and full use of the facility- which I guess is free anyways

The snorkeling was awesome..but yes, the current was STRONG. When I was done- I was exhausted..but then it again it doesn't help that I had a lot sun exposure, alcohol intake and not enough water since I had gotten on the ship!

I would highly recommend it. Here are a couple of pics from our trip!

Last edited by LiveLAUGHLove21; April 28th, 2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: pics didn't post.