Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Old May 5th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Limo from Beinjing International (PKE) to hotel

Can anyone recommend a reliable private car service in Beijing? We'll be on Regent's cruise from Beijing to Bangkok next March. I think I'm going to forego Regent's air because I have enough miles for free Business ticket on United. We will need a limo service. I prefer a private car to taxi. Any recommendations are welcome. Thank you.
Forevertravel

Old May 6th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by forevertravel View Post
Can anyone recommend a reliable private car service in Beijing? We'll be on Regent's cruise from Beijing to Bangkok next March. I think I'm going to forego Regent's air because I have enough miles for free Business ticket on United. We will need a limo service. I prefer a private car to taxi. Any recommendations are welcome. Thank you.
Forevertravel
Back in 2010 we sailed the same cruise as you with Regent. Try Eastern Journeys. You can find them on the web. We used them for pick up at airport and also for private tours the 3 extra days we were in Beijing. Private car with driver and english speaking guide. They also drove us to the ship, about a 3 hour drive on the day of departation. Check with your TA for help in booking who ever you choose.

Old May 6th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you MJFlowers. I'll check them out. We are doing the three day precruise Beijing tour that Regent is including with price of fare. We got airline tickets on our own so I need transportation from airport to hotel since Regent won't be picking us up. The cruise sounds fabulous so I'm looking forward to it.

Forevertravel

Old May 6th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by forevertravel View Post
Forevertravel
Your best bet is to give your request to your travel agent. The TA should be up-to-date on whose best, whose reliable, and the costs. Asking CC members for such an important service as a transfer will likely gain you little more than dated experiences over shadowed by subjective opinions. You might ask the TA about tipping since you will surely face a toothy grin, open hand, and the driver's expectation of a grand reward at trip's end. The TA might suggest to you that you don't hand over US$20 and expect change. Jack Morris