Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Oceania Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Oceania Cruises
Go to the Oceania Roll Call Forums

Old May 6th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Regatta laundry room questions

What are the hours the laundry room is open for use?

On the last night of a cruise, does the laundry room remain open?

We are doing a b2b and figure to get laundry done on the last evening of the first cruise when everyone is packing luggage....TIA for any help

Old May 6th, 2012, 04:56 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane412000 View Post
What are the hours the laundry room is open for use?
7:30 am to 9 or 10pm
Not sure what time they closed

Good luck on the last night some people do not like to take home dirty clothes

Old May 6th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Personally, I don't mind taking home dirty clothes IF I'm going home!

But don't assume you're the only one doing a B2B, and don't forget that some people stay on in Europe for a while. They could want clean clothes as well!

Mura

Send Mura a message:

Old May 6th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

I agree with both of your posts, but I am thinking (hope, also) that after the first leg of my b2b which is a TA, most passengers will disembark. With the disembarkation, passengers will pack luggage and place outside their cabin as is the normal procedure on the last night. Hopefully this frees up the laundry room the last evening.

Old May 6th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Lane, I agree that most will. But it isn't unheard of for a goodly number of people to stay on, even after a TA. Unless you have access to official records (maybe your TA could find out definitely) you are guessing.

Not exactly comparable, but we just did a B2B on Viking in France. We started out in the south, Avignon to Chalon-sur-Saone and then transferred (by bus) to Paris for a cruise on the Seine to Normandy. When we did the transfer we had a full busload going to Paris. (We were with a group of 24 people, but clearly a large number of people were doing both legs as we did.)

When we boarded the second riverboat we met several people who had just boarded and were going to do the southern portion after the Normandy cruise. The people who transferred from Paris down to Chalon-sur-Saone after our Normandy cruise were only about 20-25. It can be hard to predict.

On top of all of this, it's a very small laundry room. Even if only a very few people are continuing on the ship, you might have a problem.

We have had good luck on the "R" ships by doing our laundry during cocktail and early dinner hours. We tend to have dinner later anyway. Give yourself some flexibility is MY advice!

Good luck.

Actually, the worst that could happen (I guess) is that you encounter problems doing your laundry on the night most people are packing to leave the ship ... you could still take my advice and do your laundry at the beginning of your second leg.

I remember on our first Renaissance cruise that a woman boarded the ship with us (she hadn't done a B2B!) and the first thing she did was go to the laundry room! She'd just left home! (Of course, she may not have had time to do her laundry BEFORE the cruise ...)

Mura

Send Mura a message:

Old May 6th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

As I posted recently on another thread, around four pm people go to Trivia, Tea Happy Hour, and dinner. Laundry rooms are usually free, at least when I went. We also tend to eat late, so it worked well for us.

Mo