Limited time Copenhagen

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Northern Europe & Baltic Sea
Aarhus, Bergen, Copenhagen, Gdansk, Greenland, Helsinki, Oslo, Reykjavik, Riga, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tallinn
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:43 AM.
#1
New Mexico
4,982 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
We are planning our 2013 Baltic adventure. We hope to arrive in Copenhagen around 1:00 pm on Sunday, June 2 from Manchester, UK (where we will have visited family) and use the Princess hotel package (transfers and Radisson Blu). Our cruise departs on Monday, June 3.
We would like to visit Nyhaven and take a canal cruise. Would you please advise on how to do do this and/or maximise the use of our time? Thanks.
#2
St Ives, England
2,197 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by Alaskanb
We are planning our 2013 Baltic adventure. We hope to arrive in Copenhagen around 1:00 pm on Sunday, June 2 from Manchester, UK (where we will have visited family) and use the Princess hotel package (transfers and Radisson Blu). Our cruise departs on Monday, June 3.
We would like to visit Nyhaven and take a canal cruise. Would you please advise on how to do do this and/or maximise the use of our time? Thanks.
I would walk down to the canal and see when the next tour leaves. It will always be within an hour, and of course you could be lucky and it be only a few minutes. There are worse places than that area to have to kill time. Get back to the boat about 10 minutes before the off. In 2010 there were 2 firms doing it - one was quite a bit more expensive but either way it is still very good value. The tour lasts 50-55 minutes and shows at the start of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xif4wAmV7HE
All the best, Tony
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Personal cruise excursion videos :
CALIFORNIA COAST inc SAN FRANCISCO, YOSEMITE N.P., LAS VEGAS & DEATH VALLEY N.P. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...F2GS9rPCocVdFM ALASKA (Inside Passage)/CANADIAN ROCKIES/VANCOUVER https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...vRzf6DV3I3D54i
BERMUDA https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...3A28wOjkiFMnNc FRANCE inc Monaco https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...WgQDY2hb_of0TZ GREECE https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Sce3udW0GwnDX3 ITALY https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5dAwo9lc2VdVk7 SPAIN/PORTUGAL/GIBRALTAR https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0mZabjIjNmqXZM OTHER MEDITERRANEAN PORTS inc Istanbul https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RkQWm30KQ4SiDh THE BALTICS inc Berlin & Bruges https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EQxusSHjWztBzu KYOTO/TOKYO https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...nFWHQ-MNzJdSy4 ATLANTIC CANADA & NEW ENGLAND https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...lp6AQsFY5NV7mn PANAMA CANAL/CARIBBEAN https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oWjfBZ6FHiA1TC AUSTRALIA/SOUTH AFRICA/HONG KONG https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrVUjbiYVZU7NA- GREAT BRITAIN & IRELAND https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ogdJNPM1BktP3h Email Tony : cortina26 at talktalk dot net
#4
New Mexico
4,982 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by Danish viking
What of the Radisson Blu hotels are you staying at, Falconer, Royal or Scandinavia?
Royal--the Princess hotel package and transfers.
#5
New Mexico
4,982 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by Cornishpastyman1
I would walk down to the canal and see when the next tour leaves. It will always be within an hour, and of course you could be lucky and it be only a few minutes. There are worse places than that area to have to kill time. Get back to the boat about 10 minutes before the off. In 2010 there were 2 firms doing it - one was quite a bit more expensive but either way it is still very good value. The tour lasts 50-55 minutes and shows at the start of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xif4wAmV7HE
All the best, Tony
Thanks Tony> Looks as though it is about a 30 minute walk from the Radisson Blu Royal to Nyhvn--or am I way off?
#6
St Ives, England
2,197 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by Alaskanb
Thanks Tony> Looks as though it is about a 30 minute walk from the Radisson Blu Royal to Nyhvn--or am I way off?
I'm afraid I don't know about that, but if you need certainty of the time of your canal tour you can book a specified time (on the hour) at the excellent tourist information office (from memory very near the train station). We did that so we knew we were on the 1 pm tour, and it was the more expensive of the 2 (70 DKK v 40 DKK) Tbh I didn't know about the cheaper one when I did that but even 70 was fine for a very enjoyable hour with a knowledgeable narrator throughout.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Personal cruise excursion videos :
CALIFORNIA COAST inc SAN FRANCISCO, YOSEMITE N.P., LAS VEGAS & DEATH VALLEY N.P. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...F2GS9rPCocVdFM ALASKA (Inside Passage)/CANADIAN ROCKIES/VANCOUVER https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...vRzf6DV3I3D54i
BERMUDA https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...3A28wOjkiFMnNc FRANCE inc Monaco https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...WgQDY2hb_of0TZ GREECE https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Sce3udW0GwnDX3 ITALY https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5dAwo9lc2VdVk7 SPAIN/PORTUGAL/GIBRALTAR https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0mZabjIjNmqXZM OTHER MEDITERRANEAN PORTS inc Istanbul https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RkQWm30KQ4SiDh THE BALTICS inc Berlin & Bruges https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EQxusSHjWztBzu KYOTO/TOKYO https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...nFWHQ-MNzJdSy4 ATLANTIC CANADA & NEW ENGLAND https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...lp6AQsFY5NV7mn PANAMA CANAL/CARIBBEAN https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oWjfBZ6FHiA1TC AUSTRALIA/SOUTH AFRICA/HONG KONG https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrVUjbiYVZU7NA- GREAT BRITAIN & IRELAND https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ogdJNPM1BktP3h Email Tony : cortina26 at talktalk dot net
#7
Køge, south of Copenhagen.
4,773 Posts
Joined May 2006
The Royal is located at one end of Strøget and Nyhavn where both canal tours starts from are located on the other end.

The Pedestrian street Strøget is about 1 mile long and you have to walk around 300 meters to get to Strøget from your hotel so about 30 minutes sounds about right.
#8
New Mexico
4,982 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Thanks! Any recommendations for an early light dinner on a Sunday in the Nyhavn area? and for pastries and coffee close to the Radisson Blu Royal on Monday morning?