Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Northern Europe & Baltics

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Northern Europe & Baltics Aarhus, Bergen, Copenhagen, Gdansk, Greenland, Helsinki, Oslo, Riga, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tallinn

Old June 13th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Limited time Copenhagen

We are planning our 2013 Baltic adventure. We hope to arrive in Copenhagen around 1:00 pm on Sunday, June 2 from Manchester, UK (where we will have visited family) and use the Princess hotel package (transfers and Radisson Blu). Our cruise departs on Monday, June 3.
We would like to visit Nyhaven and take a canal cruise. Would you please advise on how to do do this and/or maximise the use of our time? Thanks.

Old June 13th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskanb View Post
We are planning our 2013 Baltic adventure. We hope to arrive in Copenhagen around 1:00 pm on Sunday, June 2 from Manchester, UK (where we will have visited family) and use the Princess hotel package (transfers and Radisson Blu). Our cruise departs on Monday, June 3.
We would like to visit Nyhaven and take a canal cruise. Would you please advise on how to do do this and/or maximise the use of our time? Thanks.
I would walk down to the canal and see when the next tour leaves. It will always be within an hour, and of course you could be lucky and it be only a few minutes. There are worse places than that area to have to kill time. Get back to the boat about 10 minutes before the off. In 2010 there were 2 firms doing it - one was quite a bit more expensive but either way it is still very good value. The tour lasts 50-55 minutes and shows at the start of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xif4wAmV7HE
All the best, Tony
OVER 120 'CRUISE EXCURSION' VIDEOS (The Baltics/St Petersburg/Berlin/Bruges, East & West Mediterranean (inc several of Venice, Istanbul & Rome) Cote d'Azur, Amalfi Coast/Cinque Terre/Capri, Western Europe, Gibraltar, Full Panama Canal transit, Japan, Boston, Normandy D-Day areas) here http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all My next cruise - HAL's Zuiderdam, Alaska (July 26). Email Tony : cortina26@talktalk.net

Old June 13th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

What of the Radisson Blu hotels are you staying at, Falconer, Royal or Scandinavia?

Old June 13th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish viking View Post
What of the Radisson Blu hotels are you staying at, Falconer, Royal or Scandinavia?
Royal--the Princess hotel package and transfers.

Old June 14th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishpastyman1 View Post
I would walk down to the canal and see when the next tour leaves. It will always be within an hour, and of course you could be lucky and it be only a few minutes. There are worse places than that area to have to kill time. Get back to the boat about 10 minutes before the off. In 2010 there were 2 firms doing it - one was quite a bit more expensive but either way it is still very good value. The tour lasts 50-55 minutes and shows at the start of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xif4wAmV7HE
All the best, Tony
Thanks Tony> Looks as though it is about a 30 minute walk from the Radisson Blu Royal to Nyhvn--or am I way off?

Old June 14th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskanb View Post
Thanks Tony> Looks as though it is about a 30 minute walk from the Radisson Blu Royal to Nyhvn--or am I way off?
I'm afraid I don't know about that, but if you need certainty of the time of your canal tour you can book a specified time (on the hour) at the excellent tourist information office (from memory very near the train station). We did that so we knew we were on the 1 pm tour, and it was the more expensive of the 2 (70 DKK v 40 DKK) Tbh I didn't know about the cheaper one when I did that but even 70 was fine for a very enjoyable hour with a knowledgeable narrator throughout.
OVER 120 'CRUISE EXCURSION' VIDEOS (The Baltics/St Petersburg/Berlin/Bruges, East & West Mediterranean (inc several of Venice, Istanbul & Rome) Cote d'Azur, Amalfi Coast/Cinque Terre/Capri, Western Europe, Gibraltar, Full Panama Canal transit, Japan, Boston, Normandy D-Day areas) here http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all My next cruise - HAL's Zuiderdam, Alaska (July 26). Email Tony : cortina26@talktalk.net

Old June 14th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

The Royal is located at one end of Strøget and Nyhavn where both canal tours starts from are located on the other end.

The Pedestrian street Strøget is about 1 mile long and you have to walk around 300 meters to get to Strøget from your hotel so about 30 minutes sounds about right.

Old June 14th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Thanks! Any recommendations for an early light dinner on a Sunday in the Nyhavn area? and for pastries and coffee close to the Radisson Blu Royal on Monday morning?