Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Theme Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Theme Cruises Exchange info about the hot new trend of "theme cruising."

Old January 11th, 2006, 12:11 AM
5,000+ Club

Exclamation No Links To Websites Allowed....

Just a friendly reminder that lately there have been some links in new threads to websites selling cruises. As you know from the guidelines this isn't permitted. The cruises can certainly be discussed etc but links to agencies promoting them are not allowed.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation..

http://www.cruisecritic.com/badges/
www.cruisecritic.com/newsletter
www.cruisecritic.co.uk/newsletter
www.independenttraveler.com/newsletter

Old January 11th, 2006, 06:02 AM
10,000+ Club

Hey Caro,
I haven't done it in awhile, but I have posted such links in this forum before. One of the problems in this section has been that rarely, if ever, do the cruiselines themselves offer any "Theme" cruising. It's indepenent travel agencies that offer the themes, usually by having you sign up on a group cruise. So, posters here have always 'bent' the travel agency link posting rule here just a bit.

Maybe something has happened and it has gotten out of hand, I don't know. Just offering some feedback.....

Co-Founder of the Proud Indulgent Rum And Tequilla Enjoyment Society

Carnival Magic - 2/09/2014

Breeze-2013, Magic-2012, Conquest-2011,
Oasis B2B 2011, Conquest-2010, Ecstasy-2010,
Conquest-2009, Ecstasy-2009, Brilliance-2008, Miracle-2007, Conquest-2006,
Rhapsody-2005, Vision-2003, Rhapsody-2002, Inspiration-2001, Jubilee-1999

Old January 11th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Links Question

Hi Caroline,
I noticed links on the threads for harley cruises, Star Trek, dance cruises, & Kenny Chesney. Are those allowed??

Old January 11th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

I think I may have caused this to be posted. I swear I posted a reply to a comment last night but this morning it was gone. Although *shrug* I dunno. Someone had asked for a link and I gave it. If someone requests one, is there a different way we should handle it?

Old May 31st, 2007, 06:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default soap opera cruise in november

this will be the first annual soap cruise. it will feature 10 soap stars from several different soaps. anybody else going besides me on this cruise

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Caroline,

I'm not sure if you are refering to my Barenaked Ladies post. I did include one link that might fit your parameters. If it does, please feel free to delete the one link. If anyone wants more information they can email me and I will send them the link.

Thanks for providing this great board.

Dr. Evil

(Chris)

Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

from CC guidelines:

"There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted."

How would one share info about booking a charter cruise, bookable through one TA exclusively, without violating this guideline?

Old March 26th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Cruise Critic Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachy View Post
from CC guidelines:

"There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted."

How would one share info about booking a charter cruise, bookable through one TA exclusively, without violating this guideline?
Therein lies the rub.
Clever members will find a way to talk about specific cruises without discussing the name of the travel agent. Say for example: "I heard about that Eddie Munster Fan Club Carnival cruise leaving Miami on Aug 10th. I'm going to book it." With that, all of the other Eddie Munster fans can do a Yahoo search and find the TA on their own without violating the Cruisecrtic.com guidelines.
It could be easier to just bend the rules a bit but that rule isn't bending.

Old June 14th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Could the rule of not posting websites be reviewed?

I understand the desire not to have the boards turn into a giant advertising area, but as other posters have noted, not being able to post a website for a themed cruise really makes it difficult to have a discussion about it!

The websites are often the very information which other cruisers are looking for, so perhaps just changing the rule to prohibit outright advertising would be helpful. I suspect users would self-police this, and report any violations of such a rule very quickly, while appreciating the greater flexibility than is currently offered with an outright ban.
NCL, Norwegian Sun, April, 2009 (Repo LA to Vancouver)
Coral Princess, May, 2008 (Repo SF to Vancouver)
NCL, Norwegian Star, May, 2007 (Repo LA to Vancouver)
Carnival Paradise, Nov. 2005 (LA to Ensenada)
MS Karamzin, July, 1996 (Volga - Moscow to St. Petersburg - Russian River Cruise)
HAL Rotterdam, July 1993 (Alaska)

Old April 30th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Theme Cruise postings

I am a producer of a theme cruise and I agree that staying in the boundries of the site are very important. It is very easy to do an engine search for whatever you might have an interest. There is also a web site that only lists theme cruises and can be found at theme cruise finders web site. They list over 500 theme cruises (who would have thought).

Old July 12th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

It's a good idea to not allow links, this would quickly turn into pure advertising board if TA's were allowed to post links, so agreed!

Old August 27th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

If you take the time and look at how websites are structured, you would notice that there are many websites that lack corporate information and ones that dive just right into their products.