Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old November 1st, 2004, 08:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

Cool Caribbean Princess - LIVE - Oct 31 -Nov 6

Hello All!

Finally on vacation. So far all is well. We booked the Marriott North thru Princess for one night pre cruise. It was very nice. I would recommend it highly. We had transfers to the ship thru Princess, but did not want to wait. We arranged a ride thru the hotel for $10 per person.

We got to the pier very early and waited outside, in line, again it was our choice so waiting was no problem. Once we got in, checking in went fast. Within 30 mins we were in our cabin.

Cabin D518, mini suite. Nice, we've had mini suites before. No problem there, the room steward is great. We got the extra feather pillows, and egg crate cover for the beds.

We have booked the Lobster Balcony dinner for Weds. We are three couples traveling together and wanted to have all six in one cabin for the dinner. At first they said no, but found out, that was because they had never done three couples at one time, in one place before. Because one of the couples is in D733 and has a HUGE balcony, plenty room for three couples, they are going to do it for us.

Went to Movies Under the stars last night. All I can say is, WOW!! We will be going again. Great Concept!

We have PC Dinning. If you make reservastions, they do try to push 6 or 8:30 pm. So far they woould not take a reservation for a different time. That does defeat the purpose, so we are just taking our chances. We had to wait about 40 mins last night when we got there at 6:50 pm, but who cares, we are on vacation. We took our pager and went to have a drink!!

Today is San Juan, going to go get a little sun! I'll check in later!!

Please excuse any misspellings! I am typing this without my glasses!!

Old November 1st, 2004, 09:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Lucky You

Hope you are having a great time (sounds like you are ) ,
can you answer a few quick questions as we are on the 20th Nov sailing and its our first time.
Who do you speak to for the Ultimate Balcony Dinner as is there a limit per cruise that they do these?
Whats the weather like?
Movies under the stars..what are they showing?
What night is tropical party night on deck?
Thanks in anticipation
Tony

Old November 1st, 2004, 09:15 AM
Charter Member - 10,000+ Club

We sail when you get back........leave us some adult beverages! What time did they open up the outside doors to the terminal so you could begin going in??

Thanks Jim
Rhapsody 9/02-Western Caribbean
Splendour 4/03-Western Caribbean
Rhapsody, 9/03-Western Caribbean
Brilliance, 4/04-Panama Canal partial;
Caribbean Princess, 11/04-Eastern Caribbean
Infinity, 4/05-Hawaii
Vision, 10/05-Mexican Riviera
Mariner, 4/06-Eastern Caribbean;
Radiance, 10/06-Panama Canal Transit
Jewel, 3/07-Eastern Caribbean;
Grandeur, 10/07-Canada/New England
Voyager, 4/08 - Western Caribbean
Voyager, 4/08-Western Caribbean B2B
Explorer, 10/08 - Canada Atlantic
Maui Land Tour 08
Pacific Princess, 8/09 - Alaska
Europe Land Tour 7/10
Eurodam - 10/10 - Eastern Caribbean
Star Princess - 4/11 - Eastern Caribbean Voyager
Jewel of the Seas - 10/11 - Boston to Tampa Repo
Golden Princess 4/12 Hawaii
Zuiderdam 10/12 Eastern Carribean
Emerald Princess 4/13 S. Carribean

Old November 1st, 2004, 09:19 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Therese - hope you really enjoy your balcony dinner and the rest of the week. I agree about the MUTS - it is a great concept. Have fun.....I'm jealous.

Caribbean Princess 07/03/2004
Caribbean Princess 05/21/2005
Radiance of the Seas 04/16/2006
Caribbean Princess 07/15/2007
Caribbean Princess 05/11/2008
Adventure of the Seas 07/06/2008
Celebrity Summit 07/24/2011
Oasis of the Seas 07/21/2012
Norwegian Breakaway 08/11/2013

Old November 1st, 2004, 09:44 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Sounds like someone in our group should run down to the dining room about 45 minutes before we want to eat, make a reservation and grab a buzzer. Do you suppose they still work if we take them to our cabin? 45 minutes is ample time for me to get ready. That really is stupid about 6 and 8:30 - kind of makes it traditional, doesn't it?

Ad Sponsored By
Old November 1st, 2004, 09:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Sounds as if you're off to a great start. If you have time could you tell me what tours the ship is offering for San Juan. May help to decide whether to stay on the ship or try to plan another shore excursion.

Thanks------Fran

Old November 1st, 2004, 03:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Comettgirl: Sounds like you are already having a great time. Have a nice cold one for us. We are sailing on that ship over Thanksgiving - sail out 11/20. Too bad about the dining choices - but you are handling it well - YOU'RE ON VACATION.

Have a great time. How's the motion on the ship? We are also on Dolphin Deck - Mid ship. Just trying to figure out whether to ask the doctor for the patch - we didn't need it on our last cruise, but it was security in case we did.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Peggy
Caribbean Princess 11/20
Costa Atlantica 4/01

Old November 1st, 2004, 05:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi, Therese! How was Halloween on the CB? Did people dress up? I'm glad you're enjoying your cruise. I'll be waiting for a full review when you get back.

Caribbean Princess 9/04

Old November 1st, 2004, 09:10 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Hi
We were on the Caribbean Princess in Sept. I'm reliving my cruise through your reports. She is a great ship. I will see her in port on Dec. 11. I just wish I would be boarding her again. Who is the Cruise Director? We had James Lay. Do you have Capt. Romano? If you do, you have a wonderful captain. We were supposed to have him but I guess he got some down time due to all the hurricanes. I was disappointed, as we had him on the Sun and Grand Princess. Have a "fantastic" cruise!! Lynne

Old November 1st, 2004, 11:01 PM
10,000+ Club

Talking

Wow thanks for sharing your cruise with us, we wont be on her till next May but I would really love to hear every detail about the Lobster Balcony dinner. I would like to do that with my dh Again thanks for sharing and have a wonderful cruise

Photos Here!

Past Cruises:
Carnival Paradise - April 2010
... Ruby Princess - Nov 2009 ... Mariner of the Seas - April 2009 ... Mariner PreInagural - Feb. 19, 2009 ... Carnival Pride - April 2008 ... Carnival Spirit - Nov 2007 ... Monarch of the Seas - May 2007 ... Carnival Paradise - March 2007 ... Westerdam - Oct 2006 ... Monarch of the Seas - May 2006 ... Monarch of the Seas - Dec 2005 ... Caribbean Princess B2B - May 2005 ... Zuiderdam B2B - Aug 2004 ... Sitmar Fair Sea - Jan 1986

Old November 2nd, 2004, 02:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi,

Let's see if I can answer some questions.

Island night was last night.

Movies under the stars is Terminal and Shrek 2, also a bunch of oldies during the day. Yesterday we watched Grease while sunning.

We called Room Service as soon as we boarded and they send one of the head waiters to our cabin right away. It's tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. We are really looking forward to it.

It rained a little yesterday, and it rained a little more today. No big deal. We went to Trunk Bay in St. John's and it was fine. STarted to rain as we left.

A little motion, but not much. I get motion sick easily and have not had a problem. Now I was a little quesy on the ride from St. Thomas to St. John's, Wish I had some Bonnie for that one!! And it really wasn't all that bad.

We stayed in San Juan pretty late. As for excusions, there were a couple. Tours of Old San Juan. We just walked around. Had dinner in the Lido. Wanted to go to the Caribe Dinning room but it wasn't open. But they had some German Feast in the Lido. It was good.

Tonight we will go back to the dinning room. We really don't mind any wait. We will just go to nearest bar and have a cocktail.

Hope I answered some of your questions. Will check in later to see if there are any more!