Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:19 PM
browniegirl's Avatar
browniegirl browniegirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Canada - B.C.
Posts: 733
Default NCL Wedding Vow Renewal?

Hi there, has anyone sailed on NCL and done a vow renewal with them? I have been trying to get a response from the ship coordinator but can't get a reply, so I have no idea what is involved. It will just be the two of us, no guests, so it won't be much, just something simple and romantic. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks!!
__________________
Browniegirl - Western Canada

Crown Princess Oct 1992 East. Carr.
NCL Sun April 2004 Pacific Coastal 5 night
NCL Jewel January 2007 East. Carr.
NCL Sun January 2008 Western Carr.
NCL Star April 2010 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Sep 2011 5 Night Pacific Coastal
NCL Star Nov 2011 Western Caribbean
NCL Dawn April 2013 Western Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:30 PM
CurlyRed964 CurlyRed964 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 164
Default Does it have to be on the ship?

You might be able to get better service and more for your money if you decided to do this while in port somewhere and use an independent company. We are doing a vow renewal December 19 on St. Thomas. I am using Janelle with Island Bliss Weddings. She has be so kind and always prompt in responding. Her pricing is quite good as well. Admittedly, vow renewals are not a big money maker in the realm of weddings. But we all want to be treated as a valued customer and not put off to the side or ignored. This might be a viable alternative for you, jmo.

Tamara
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:34 PM
browniegirl's Avatar
browniegirl browniegirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Canada - B.C.
Posts: 733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyRed964 View Post
You might be able to get better service and more for your money if you decided to do this while in port somewhere and use an independent company. We are doing a vow renewal December 19 on St. Thomas. I am using Janelle with Island Bliss Weddings. She has be so kind and always prompt in responding. Her pricing is quite good as well. Admittedly, vow renewals are not a big money maker in the realm of weddings. But we all want to be treated as a valued customer and not put off to the side or ignored. This might be a viable alternative for you, jmo.

Tamara
Tamara, thanks for the advice, I had actually never thought of it being off the ship, but thanks for the suggestion and I will definitely look into it!!!

Thanks!
__________________
Browniegirl - Western Canada

Crown Princess Oct 1992 East. Carr.
NCL Sun April 2004 Pacific Coastal 5 night
NCL Jewel January 2007 East. Carr.
NCL Sun January 2008 Western Carr.
NCL Star April 2010 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Sep 2011 5 Night Pacific Coastal
NCL Star Nov 2011 Western Caribbean
NCL Dawn April 2013 Western Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:53 PM
browniegirl's Avatar
browniegirl browniegirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Canada - B.C.
Posts: 733
Default

I just spoke to NCL and they told me that it is $450 for the vow renewal package and that only includes the location on the ship, a person to perform it, they play music during it and champagne and cake for 2.....seems kinda pricey!!!!

__________________
Browniegirl - Western Canada

Crown Princess Oct 1992 East. Carr.
NCL Sun April 2004 Pacific Coastal 5 night
NCL Jewel January 2007 East. Carr.
NCL Sun January 2008 Western Carr.
NCL Star April 2010 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Sep 2011 5 Night Pacific Coastal
NCL Star Nov 2011 Western Caribbean
NCL Dawn April 2013 Western Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old November 7th, 2007, 05:15 PM
CurlyRed964 CurlyRed964 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 164
Default That sounds kinda steep!

What is your cruise's itinerary? You can check into what possibilities are in each port for affordable vow renewals.

To give you an example of what is possible, here is what I have going:

Janelle's fee: $195

Location: Free (This beach does not have any fee to use!)

Bouquet: $65 (you can get a smaller one for $45) She has even suggested that my little girl carry a starfish decorated with a jewel and some tiny flowers. That's only $15, so I'm getting that for our 6 year old. But you know that sounds like a really pretty and inexpensive alternative to a bouquet!

Officiant: $200 (this is with Janelle, I am using a local pastor on the island that I know who is also a tour guide. We booked him for the day and after he officiates for our ceremony he has a surprise itinerary for the three of us. So my fee for tour guide/minister will be $300)

Cake: $45 (our daughter said this was a must have!)

Toasting supplies: $35-50

Photography: $175

Bubbles: $6 (I thought it would be something to keep my daughter occupied. Then I thought we might like to have fun and blow some bubbles too after the ceremony).

I economized in other areas. My dress was purchased on ebay. It was only $7.50. That's right $7.50. Am I the new queen of cheap? I honestly don't know if I am more embarassed or proud of my bargain find. But I like it alot. It was worn once by a bride for her bridal shower. The dress is of good quality and in mint condition. Honestly, I cannot believe that it was ever worn. It is really perfect for an informal beach ceremony. It has light beading and very comfortable to move around in. I've seen scores really nice (new!) dresses on ebay that are under $100. Because we've had a wedding, I wasn't going to go running around from store to store for that perfect dress. I don't have time.

You don't necessarily have to hire a photographer for the occassion. The coordinator would probably be more than happy to snap some shots during the ceremony and get some photos afterwards if you give her the camera to do so. I am a wedding photographer and can make some recommendations for ways to make the most of amateur shots.

Let me know what you come up with!

Tamara
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #6  
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:02 PM
browniegirl's Avatar
browniegirl browniegirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Canada - B.C.
Posts: 733
Default

Wow Tamara, you are so organized!!! Sounds like it is going to be lovely. I'll let you know what I can come up with at any of our ports, wish me luck!

Leah
__________________
Browniegirl - Western Canada

Crown Princess Oct 1992 East. Carr.
NCL Sun April 2004 Pacific Coastal 5 night
NCL Jewel January 2007 East. Carr.
NCL Sun January 2008 Western Carr.
NCL Star April 2010 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Sep 2011 5 Night Pacific Coastal
NCL Star Nov 2011 Western Caribbean
NCL Dawn April 2013 Western Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old November 8th, 2007, 02:38 PM
CurlyRed964 CurlyRed964 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 164
Default Try this company for starters

There is a company called Shore Trips. Their website is shore trips dot com. At many of the ports they offer wedding packages for vow renewals they normally reduce the price by $100-$200 because we don't need the legal paperwork. Their prices are reasonable and you can get photography with the package as an upgrade or sometimes depending on the port, the photography is already included in the package price.

I've had fun putting this together! I know you will too!

Tamara
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old November 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
browniegirl's Avatar
browniegirl browniegirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Canada - B.C.
Posts: 733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyRed964 View Post
There is a company called Shore Trips. Their website is shore trips dot com. At many of the ports they offer wedding packages for vow renewals they normally reduce the price by $100-$200 because we don't need the legal paperwork. Their prices are reasonable and you can get photography with the package as an upgrade or sometimes depending on the port, the photography is already included in the package price.

I've had fun putting this together! I know you will too!

Tamara
Thanks Tamara, did some checking and as it turns out, Norwegian Cruise Line's price is the cheapest! That is sooooooo weird! You certainly do not get alot for your money.....we are hesitant but really want to do this, so in the end, we may end up booking with NCL....it will be a nice memory, that is for sure!!!

Leah
__________________
Browniegirl - Western Canada

Crown Princess Oct 1992 East. Carr.
NCL Sun April 2004 Pacific Coastal 5 night
NCL Jewel January 2007 East. Carr.
NCL Sun January 2008 Western Carr.
NCL Star April 2010 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Sep 2011 5 Night Pacific Coastal
NCL Star Nov 2011 Western Caribbean
NCL Dawn April 2013 Western Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old November 8th, 2007, 07:05 PM
CurlyRed964 CurlyRed964 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 164
Default Here's another option!

Well, if NCL is the better price and has the itinerary you want go for it! But since you're in the research stage, check this too. Princess Cruiseline's vow renewal is about $300. I'll have to double check my book when I get home. They would do it on board the ship. Princess is a really nice cruiseline. I'll find out what it includes and pass it on to you.

Tamara
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old November 26th, 2007, 02:16 PM
jessgmann's Avatar
jessgmann jessgmann is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 41
Default ncl pearl 3/08

Hi, my fiance and I are sailing on the NCL Pearl on 3/2/08. We looked at all the NCL packages for weddings, not vow renewals but I'm sure they're similar. We decided to have our wedding off ship at Grand Cayman. The package NCL offers cost over twice what we are paying by planning it directly through the venue, the Grand Old House. I would definitely recommend talking to other people before you book directly through the cruise line. We are using the money we saved to have a very nice luncheon after the ceremony.

Good luck!
__________________
10/1/14 DCL Wonder Double Dip
7/31/14 RCCL Vision-W.Carib
2/21/2013 RCCL Liberty- W.Carib. 5th Wedding Anniversary
3/7/2008 RCCL Majesty-Bahama Honeymoon
3/2/2008 NCL Pearl - W.Carib. Wedding
2/11/07 NCL Pearl - W. Carib. Engagement
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old November 26th, 2007, 02:31 PM
browniegirl's Avatar
browniegirl browniegirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Canada - B.C.
Posts: 733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessgmann View Post
Hi, my fiance and I are sailing on the NCL Pearl on 3/2/08. We looked at all the NCL packages for weddings, not vow renewals but I'm sure they're similar. We decided to have our wedding off ship at Grand Cayman. The package NCL offers cost over twice what we are paying by planning it directly through the venue, the Grand Old House. I would definitely recommend talking to other people before you book directly through the cruise line. We are using the money we saved to have a very nice luncheon after the ceremony.

Good luck!
Hi, congrats! We have done research and friends and online friends have done research and believe it or not, but NCL's price for the renewal is the cheapest yet.....very weird. You do not get very much, basically paying $450 for a minister and 2 glasses of champagne!

Oh well, it will be a great memory. We haven't booked it yet because of the money but are pretty sure we will.

Best wishes!
__________________
Browniegirl - Western Canada

Crown Princess Oct 1992 East. Carr.
NCL Sun April 2004 Pacific Coastal 5 night
NCL Jewel January 2007 East. Carr.
NCL Sun January 2008 Western Carr.
NCL Star April 2010 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Sep 2011 5 Night Pacific Coastal
NCL Star Nov 2011 Western Caribbean
NCL Dawn April 2013 Western Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:46 AM
DiBob's Avatar
DiBob DiBob is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Windy City
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniegirl View Post
Hi, congrats! We have done research and friends and online friends have done research and believe it or not, but NCL's price for the renewal is the cheapest yet.....very weird. You do not get very much, basically paying $450 for a minister and 2 glasses of champagne!

Oh well, it will be a great memory. We haven't booked it yet because of the money but are pretty sure we will.

Best wishes!
Hi there...hopefully you will see this in your user cp....lol..so...did you ever do your renewal....??
I have tons of time...lol...I had always thought we would do DCL for out 10 yr anniv..we were married in WDW....but love NCL and the suite life...so NCL says its $550 now...didnt go up much over the years... but would love to hear what you thought if you did in fact do this
Thanks in advance for any reply
__________________



NCL Pearl Alaska 2010 (AB)
DCL Wonder Bahamas 2008 (Cat 4)
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:19 PM
browniegirl's Avatar
browniegirl browniegirl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Canada - B.C.
Posts: 733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBob View Post
Hi there...hopefully you will see this in your user cp....lol..so...did you ever do your renewal....??
I have tons of time...lol...I had always thought we would do DCL for out 10 yr anniv..we were married in WDW....but love NCL and the suite life...so NCL says its $550 now...didnt go up much over the years... but would love to hear what you thought if you did in fact do this
Thanks in advance for any reply
Hi!!! Yes, we did do the renewal and had a FABULOUS time!!! What was funny was that we met so many nice people on our roll call board and once they learned we were planning on doing a vow renewal, practically everyone offered to help us out! We had a minister and a photographer and a video person, it was amazing!!! They all did it for nothing, just out of the kindness of their hearts! We used the chapel on the ship, which was complimentary and we borrowed a cd player from the staff (wasn't tacky......was great) and they let us use part of spinnackers (I think that's what it was) afterwards with all of our roll call friends and they gave us champagne on the house!!! We had found a fabulous waiter by that time in one of the main dining rooms and when we went to dinner after the ceremony -still in our fancy digs - they had set up a special table that was all decorated up, it was so special........we were treated so well! The people on our board were beyond fabulous, they made picture cds and videos for us and made up a renewal certificate, we were so blessed!!!!

So for us, it was so economical but I think the NCL deal would be good too, we just didn't have to do that!!

We have been on once cruise since then and are going again this upcoming November, can't wait!!!!

Leah
__________________
Browniegirl - Western Canada

Crown Princess Oct 1992 East. Carr.
NCL Sun April 2004 Pacific Coastal 5 night
NCL Jewel January 2007 East. Carr.
NCL Sun January 2008 Western Carr.
NCL Star April 2010 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Sep 2011 5 Night Pacific Coastal
NCL Star Nov 2011 Western Caribbean
NCL Dawn April 2013 Western Caribbean

Last edited by browniegirl; February 2nd, 2011 at 03:20 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old February 3rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
DiBob's Avatar
DiBob DiBob is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Windy City
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniegirl View Post
Hi!!! Yes, we did do the renewal and had a FABULOUS time!!! What was funny was that we met so many nice people on our roll call board and once they learned we were planning on doing a vow renewal, practically everyone offered to help us out! We had a minister and a photographer and a video person, it was amazing!!! They all did it for nothing, just out of the kindness of their hearts! We used the chapel on the ship, which was complimentary and we borrowed a cd player from the staff (wasn't tacky......was great) and they let us use part of spinnackers (I think that's what it was) afterwards with all of our roll call friends and they gave us champagne on the house!!! We had found a fabulous waiter by that time in one of the main dining rooms and when we went to dinner after the ceremony -still in our fancy digs - they had set up a special table that was all decorated up, it was so special........we were treated so well! The people on our board were beyond fabulous, they made picture cds and videos for us and made up a renewal certificate, we were so blessed!!!!

So for us, it was so economical but I think the NCL deal would be good too, we just didn't have to do that!!

We have been on once cruise since then and are going again this upcoming November, can't wait!!!!

Leah
Leah!
How wonderful! Thanks for sharing !
Funny , we are doing a Western Caribbean on the Star too....out of NOLA...BUT in 2013! LOL Just booked it, couldnt pass up the price or the suite, and I had a Cruise Reward...
SO...the list of things that come with the package...we almost get with the perks with the family suite/balcony on deck 12.
So we would be paying $550 for a certificate, cake, extra bottle of champagne....
Your deal was awesome How sweet you had such an awesome roll call!! I love hearing things like that!!!
We have a LONG time....til our cruise!
Congrats!
__________________



NCL Pearl Alaska 2010 (AB)
DCL Wonder Bahamas 2008 (Cat 4)
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.