Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old June 8th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Web Content Producer

Default Allure of the Seas Chef To Be Chosen in Food Network-Style Competition

Royal Caribbean is hosting an interactive cooking competition to find some new talent to head up the kitchen at 150 Central Park aboard Allure of the Seas.

Check out the details of the contest and share your thoughts: Allure's Cooking Competition

Will having a contest-winning chef at the helm make you more likely to dine at 150 Central Park? And will you vote online for Allure's Chef de Cuisine?

Can't wait to find out what you think!

Last edited by CCShayne; June 8th, 2010 at 02:00 PM.

Old June 8th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

I will most certainly watch videos and vote.

Will it make a difference whether or not I dine there? Nope, I will do so either way.

Old June 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1214414

Here is the original CC thread about this competition.

Old June 9th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Having a World Wide Competition Chef on the 'Oasis' was the main reason we booked at 150 Park Ave last January. While she did not come to our table we saw Keriann Von Raesfeld visit some people she obviously knew. It was very pleasing to see the Chef actually there in the restaurant. I think the competition will be interesting and I expect to vote as I also expect to sail on the 'Allure' also in the future.

Old June 9th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

We will look at the videos and vote but we won't be spending $70 to eat at the restaurant.

Laura & John
Cruising Bears

Old June 10th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Chef contest

We will definitely watch the shows and vote for the new chef. We watch a lot of cooking shows and have enjoyed watching classes shown at CIA. We sailed on the Inaugural Cruise of Oasis of the Seas and dined at 150 Central Park. It was worth every penny and the food and service were impeccable.

Norwegian Sun 10/16/10
Oasis of the Seas 12/05/09
HAL Eurodam 2/21/09
Grandeur of the Seas 9/7/07
Grandeur of the Seas 9/01/06
Grandeur of the Seas 9/02/05
Mariner of the Seas 4/17/05
Grandeur of the Seas 7/18/04
Galileo 1987
M.S. Caribe 1980
Emerald Seas 4/79

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old July 8th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default I'm one of the finalists

It's been fantastic reading the comments posted! There definitely seems to be positive feedback regarding the culinary challenge!

I hope that you will watch the videos and tell your friends to watch them as well. If you decide to vote, each one that you cast will enter you in to a sweepstakes to win a 2 night pre-inagural cruise aboard the Allure of the Seas where you will get to have dinner at 150 Central Park and enjoy the menu of the winning chef. Every vote counts, and the competitor with the highest number of votes at close of the voting period (July 18th) will be named "fan favorite" and will enjoy extra points added on to their final score.

I wish the best of luck to all of my fellow competitors, and I can't wait to cook for the judges August 5th and 6th!

Old July 14th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

We can't wait for our experience on Allure in April '11 and are really looking forward to the fine dining experience!
Paying a little extra for a 5 star meal is definitely worth it if you are a foodie!
Happy sails
~ Liz

Old July 15th, 2010, 02:10 AM
20,000+ Club

I sat and watched all the videos....decided which one to vote for....then realised that as I am in the UK I cannot vote.

Liz
Imma Critter # 1
Elizanessie@aol.com

International Critters Gear QN 11/2 Maiden -http://www.cafepress.com/internation...rsmaidenvoyage
(double click link)
International Critters Gear QN 11/23 Inaugural -http://www.cafepress.com/internationalcritters
(double click link)

Old July 15th, 2010, 02:23 AM
5,000+ Club

Elizanessie,

You can vote! You only have to sign up. I did and have choosen Germany as my home country and they did let me vote. DH read all the fine print and he didn´t find anything about "US only".

steamboats

Delta Queen 08/95 Pittsburgh - Cincinnati * Delta Queen 05/98 Cincinnati - Paducah (Nashville) * Delta Queen 07/01 St. Louis - Ottawa * Delta Queen 10/02 St. Louis - Clarksville (Nashville) * Delta Queen 07/03 St. Louis - St. Paul - Mississippi Queen 11/04 New Orleans roundtrip / Thanksgiving - Mississippi Queen 06/05 New Orleans - St. Louis / Great Steamboat Race - Columbia Queen 08/05 Portland roundtrip - Empress of the North 09/05 Juneau roundtrip - Deilmann´s Mozart 03/06 Passau roundtrip - Mississippi Queen 07/06 St. Louis - St. Paul / 30th Anniversary - Deilmann´s Dresden 05/07 Dresden - Hamburg - American Queen 08/07 Pittsburgh - Louisville - American Queen 08/08 St. Louis - Red Wing - MS Belvedere 12/11 Passau roundtrip - Queen of the Mississippi 08/13 Cincinnati - St. Louis - MS Amelia 12/13 Köln roundtrip

Grandeur otS 04/07 - Western Caribbean / New Orleans -Norwegian Gem 05/08 Barcelona / Western Med - Norwegian Jade 12/08 Barcelona / Eastern Med - Serenade otS aka MOS II 05/09 Vancouver / Alaska -Liberty otS 08/09 Miami / Eastern Caribbean - Oasis otS 11/09 Fort Lauderdale Pre Inaugurals -Celebrity Eclipse 04/10 Hamburg Pre Inaugural - Oasis otS 05/10 Fort Lauderdale / Eastern Caribbean - Majesty otS 05/10 Miami / Bahamas - Celebrity Summit 08/10 New England/Canada - Allure otS 11/10 Fort Lauderdale Pre Inaugural - Mein Schiff 1 01/11 Canary Islands / Morocco - Vision otS 04/11 Lisbon to Southampton - Norwegian Epic 06/11 Western Med - Celebrity Silhouette 07/11 Hamburg Pre Inaugural - Voyager otS 09/11 Venice - L´Austral 01/12 Antarctica - Norwegian Jade 05/12 Venice - Columbus 2 08/12 Norway - Celebrity Reflection 10/12 Eemshaven/Amsterdam - Splendour otS 05/13 Venice / Greece, Turkey - QM2 06/13 Southampton-Hamburg - Navigator otS 10/13 Eastern Med check our website for reviews (all German)

Old July 15th, 2010, 07:13 AM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboats View Post
Elizanessie,

You can vote! You only have to sign up. I did and have choosen Germany as my home country and they did let me vote. DH read all the fine print and he didn´t find anything about "US only".

steamboats
Contest Rules state-

. Eligibility: Royal Caribbean International's "Allure of the Seas Culinary Challenge" (the "Promotion") consists of a contest (the "Contest") and a sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"). The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry.

Liz
Imma Critter # 1
Elizanessie@aol.com

International Critters Gear QN 11/2 Maiden -http://www.cafepress.com/internation...rsmaidenvoyage
(double click link)
International Critters Gear QN 11/23 Inaugural -http://www.cafepress.com/internationalcritters
(double click link)

Old July 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I am a huge fan of Food Network. Watch it daily as new chefs try to compete for a program spot of their own. I would definitely vote online. I loved 150 Central on Oasis and I'm sure Allure will be no different. Glad for the opportunity to comment. Good luck with the contest. [Although a male, I think the women on the show do a better job than the men for a couple of reasons.] And, women, are in the minority on cruise ships! Question: is it true that non-US residents cannot vote online on this issue? Curious
Song of Norway, Song of America, Enchantment x2, Liberty x 2, Oasis, Serenade, Allure x3, Radiance, Brilliance; Freedom x2,; Queen Mary II, Zaandam, Westerdam, Ryndam; Dawn & Sun Princess;various NCL; Celebrity Century x2.

dennynfl33952@aol.com
Denny

Old July 16th, 2010, 03:04 AM
5,000+ Club

Liz,

I obviously read over this part (I thought it was for the chefs only but not for the sweepstakes). But anyway we might be disqualfied regarding the sweepstakes prize we still can vote and sign up. I did it with my German email addy (.de) and put in Germany as country (which was an option in the pull down menu).

steamboats

Delta Queen 08/95 Pittsburgh - Cincinnati * Delta Queen 05/98 Cincinnati - Paducah (Nashville) * Delta Queen 07/01 St. Louis - Ottawa * Delta Queen 10/02 St. Louis - Clarksville (Nashville) * Delta Queen 07/03 St. Louis - St. Paul - Mississippi Queen 11/04 New Orleans roundtrip / Thanksgiving - Mississippi Queen 06/05 New Orleans - St. Louis / Great Steamboat Race - Columbia Queen 08/05 Portland roundtrip - Empress of the North 09/05 Juneau roundtrip - Deilmann´s Mozart 03/06 Passau roundtrip - Mississippi Queen 07/06 St. Louis - St. Paul / 30th Anniversary - Deilmann´s Dresden 05/07 Dresden - Hamburg - American Queen 08/07 Pittsburgh - Louisville - American Queen 08/08 St. Louis - Red Wing - MS Belvedere 12/11 Passau roundtrip - Queen of the Mississippi 08/13 Cincinnati - St. Louis - MS Amelia 12/13 Köln roundtrip

Grandeur otS 04/07 - Western Caribbean / New Orleans -Norwegian Gem 05/08 Barcelona / Western Med - Norwegian Jade 12/08 Barcelona / Eastern Med - Serenade otS aka MOS II 05/09 Vancouver / Alaska -Liberty otS 08/09 Miami / Eastern Caribbean - Oasis otS 11/09 Fort Lauderdale Pre Inaugurals -Celebrity Eclipse 04/10 Hamburg Pre Inaugural - Oasis otS 05/10 Fort Lauderdale / Eastern Caribbean - Majesty otS 05/10 Miami / Bahamas - Celebrity Summit 08/10 New England/Canada - Allure otS 11/10 Fort Lauderdale Pre Inaugural - Mein Schiff 1 01/11 Canary Islands / Morocco - Vision otS 04/11 Lisbon to Southampton - Norwegian Epic 06/11 Western Med - Celebrity Silhouette 07/11 Hamburg Pre Inaugural - Voyager otS 09/11 Venice - L´Austral 01/12 Antarctica - Norwegian Jade 05/12 Venice - Columbus 2 08/12 Norway - Celebrity Reflection 10/12 Eemshaven/Amsterdam - Splendour otS 05/13 Venice / Greece, Turkey - QM2 06/13 Southampton-Hamburg - Navigator otS 10/13 Eastern Med check our website for reviews (all German)