Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebration Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old June 9th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

kb8425: Thanks for the info!

Old June 11th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default need some help

Do any of you know if there is a rental car company at the port? Also has anyone done the cruise and nights at the resort. I was thinking of doing the cruise to Freeport and then spending 2 nights at the Lucaya Beach hotel and then cruise back.

Old June 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8425 View Post
Caribbean is a wholesaler that will require a welcome center visit and timeshare presentation. They are not directly affiliated with Celebration. If you book through Celebration you will NOT have to go to any timeshare presentations or drive out of your way to Fort Lauderdale. Remember, nothing legit is ever free. Celebration offers great deals directly through their site. I went on this cruise recently and had an awesome time. I personally think all timeshare deals are shady and was very happy going direct through the cruise line to ensure my vacation would go smoothly and without hassel.
I think they are affiliated with them..>I live here and have seen how this deal operates, they had the same "problems" when they were Imperial Majesty

Emerald Seas, Dolphin, Majesty Cruise Line, Sea Escape 6x Discovery 8x : (all out of biz)
Star Princess 1x, Grand Princess 1x
Imagination 4x, Destiny(ugh) 2x, Glory 3x, Valor 2x, Liberty 1x, Spirit to Alaska 1x, Freedom 1x Conquest 1x
NCL Sky 2x, NCL Pearl 1x,RCI Navigator of the Seas 1x,
MSC Poesia 3x, MSC Divina 1x

MSC Divina US Inagural with Fireworks Review

Old June 12th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WStra187 View Post
I also got that anwser when i called about coming in that day of the cruise. A lady told me that my stuff will be forwarded to west palm port and if i had any issues to ask for Louis.

Have you been on your cruise yet? What did you do...straight to the port? Was there a Louis to greet/help you? Thanks.

Old June 12th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Do you have a letter with your name on it and the date of your trip?
If so, you are already set up on the Celebration system with a cabin.
When you get there you will just have to fill out a credit card authorization (for the $20 per person tips, $18 per person fuel charge, and your booze etc,, on board) and a Bahamas Embarcation fom.
Passports are best for id, but a birth certificate with a raised stamp will work as ID with a drivers license.

Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

If you call Celebration Cruise Lines to book, you will be immediately transferred to Caribbean Cruise Lines. They are partners. There is ONE ship - a refurbished Baltic ferry. Time share presentations are a BIG part of their operations. Read some of the on-line complaints. I called them "just for fun" to inquire about booking, and was immediately told that "you will be charged $9.00 per person for a fuel surcharge fee before you board (this price isn't included in your tickets) because we can do that if the price of oil is above $40 per barrel". When was the last time oil was $40 a barrel?? Just another excuse to charge you if you do or don't attend the "Time Share" presentation. Lots of complaints about this company....Celebration/Caribbean Cruise Lines....one and the same. Carnival USED to go to Freeport. No longer. Back in 2002, our Travel Agency got info. from some company promoting air from BHM to Freeport to stay at Our Lucaya. None of us booked it, and I think this company lasted for about six months. Stick with the major cruise lines for a better deal!! Just my thoughts.

Old September 8th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsulin View Post
If you call Celebration Cruise Lines to book, you will be immediately transferred to Caribbean Cruise Lines. They are partners. There is ONE ship - a refurbished Baltic ferry. Time share presentations are a BIG part of their operations. Read some of the on-line complaints. I called them "just for fun" to inquire about booking, and was immediately told that "you will be charged $9.00 per person for a fuel surcharge fee before you board (this price isn't included in your tickets) because we can do that if the price of oil is above $40 per barrel". When was the last time oil was $40 a barrel?? Just another excuse to charge you if you do or don't attend the "Time Share" presentation. Lots of complaints about this company....Celebration/Caribbean Cruise Lines....one and the same. Carnival USED to go to Freeport. No longer. Back in 2002, our Travel Agency got info. from some company promoting air from BHM to Freeport to stay at Our Lucaya. None of us booked it, and I think this company lasted for about six months. Stick with the major cruise lines for a better deal!! Just my thoughts.
Actually Carnival still goes to Freeport the "Carnival Fascination" goes to Freeport.
Carnival Imagination 09/2005
Carnival Imagination 10/2005
Carnival Imagination 06/2006
Royal Carribean Majesty 01/2009
Carnival Imagination 02/2009
Carnival Imagination 08/2009
Carnival Liberty 09/2009
Carnival Destiny 02/2010 PLATINUM FINALLY
Bahama Celebration 05/2010
Bahama Celebration 07/2010
Carnival Destiny 09/2010
Bahama Celebration 10/2010