Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Disney Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disney Cruise Line
Read Disney Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Disney Cruise Deals.

Old January 25th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Post Slideshow: 17 Hits and Misses from Disney Dream, the Newest Cruise Ship

Check out the latest Disney Cruise Line news from Cruise Critic:

Slideshow: 17 Hits and Misses from Disney Dream, the Newest Cruise Ship

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 25th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Exclamation

Minor correction to the story, Laura. Dream is a 4,000 passenger ship, not 2,500.

Despite the "misses", I'm still anxiously awaiting two cruises booked on Dream this year!

Thanks for the reviews.
DCL "Fantasy" - February '13 - 7 night Eastern

Last edited by PopFla; January 25th, 2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typo

Old January 25th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Interesting.... I'm suprised the kid pools are considered a hit; given how small they are.... But I do think most everything else looks super cool

Old January 26th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopFla View Post
Minor correction to the story, Laura. Dream is a 4,000 passenger ship, not 2,500.

Despite the "misses", I'm still anxiously awaiting two cruises booked on Dream this year!

Thanks for the reviews.
PopFla,

When referring to passenger occupancy, the industry standard is to use double occupancy, which is 2,500 for Disey Dream. Disney Cruise Line -- which has load factors of 150%-plus -- should be treated differently though, so we've added a parenthetical. Thanks for the note!

Dan

Click to Play!

Old January 27th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just off of her as well - totally agree with this entire report -- I was very disappointed in the Quiet Cove Pool -- I too expected them to exceed the experience on the Wonder and Magic and instead I found myself scratching my head and wondering what all the adults were going to do who liked to sit in the SUN in a chair NEXT to the pool - not above it. And yes, I thought those stools stuck at the end of the pool were lame as well.

Bummer.

And while I agree with the Aqua Duck review, I still found it fun and I had to take my "not really a THRILL" feelings with a grain of "well, you don't have to be THAT tall to ride it so we don't want to scare off the REAL target audience here"

But Remy? OH BOY!! What an experience THAT was - did the wine pairing French dinner and it was A-MAZING!

Old January 30th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

After seeing the slide show I didn't expect much from the Aquaduck. But I loved it! I rode it 3 times in a row! No it wasn't a thrill ride, but it was fun.

And ITA that the pools in general are pretty lame. There is just not enough deck space, and the two family pools are jammed up right next to each other. When I saw the adult pool area, all I could think was, "seriously??" And the "quiet cove" isn't very quiet, since you have to walk through the adult pool area to get to the front elevators or the concierge staterooms.

And why oh why did they put the rear elevators in the Cabanas buffet retaurant?

Loved the magical touches they added like the artwork, but Disney clearly needs some assistance when it comes to ship design.

DH's Past Cruise: RCI(1), Disney (1), Princess (1), Norwegian (1) = 28 days at sea, with many more to come!

DD's Past Cruises: RCI(9), Disney(8), Norwegian (3) Princess(2), Costa(1) = 179 days at sea!

DS' Past Cruises: Disney (1) = 7 days at sea!

Old January 31st, 2011, 02:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
When I saw the adult pool area, all I could think was, "seriously??"
I had the EXACT same thought! And right after that -- "bar stools? IN the pool? I mean, a swim-up bar would have been cool but just bar stools? WHY???" lol