Elation 1/15/11-1/20/11

We did the self disembark & we were off the ship & standing outside by 7:30! They called us by decks & we were in the 2nd group. We could have been a few minutes earlier but I wasn't ready. I really didn't believe they would call for us so soon so I didn't get up until 6:30!

We called the Microtel to pick us up after we went through customs & they were there in just a few minutes. I was so impressed with the driver. Great guy. My DH was very appreciative of the coffee he brought (he even had cream & sugar) since we didn't get up in time for him to get any.

We were back in our car & headed towards Lebanon by 8:15! It is still hard to believe how fast the week went by!

One more note about Cozumel. The cruise staff always stresses not to rent scooters & we never have or would. I grew up riding motorcycles but would never try to drive in Cozumel.

A young couple from our cruise had a bad scooter wreck in Coz & got pretty scraped up. The boy said they tried to take them to the hospital but he was afraid they might miss the ship & wasn't sure their insurance would cover them in Cozumel. They were pretty shaken up & said they will never rent scooters again!

One more note about Cozumel. The cruise staff always stresses not to rent scooters & we never have or would. I grew up riding motorcycles but would never try to drive in Cozumel.

A young couple from our cruise had a bad scooter wreck in Coz & got pretty scraped up. The boy said they tried to take them to the hospital but he was afraid they might miss the ship & wasn't sure their insurance would cover them in Cozumel. They were pretty shaken up & said they will never rent scooters again!

They were correct on the insurance. They would have had to pay upfront to be treated. Another reason to take out trip insurance. You still have to pay upfront but are reimbursed after you get back.

Also what they had to pay in damages to the scooter is going to be shocking enough. They are lucky they did not have to go to the police station which is standard procedure in Mexico for a traffic accident. (criminal offense) Statements are taken and a hearing is held that day. Any damages/fines must be paid before they will release you.

Dave

They were correct on the insurance. They would have had to pay upfront to be treated. Another reason to take out trip insurance. You still have to pay upfront but are reimbursed after you get back.

Also what they had to pay in damages to the scooter is going to be shocking enough. They are lucky they did not have to go to the police station which is standard procedure in Mexico for a traffic accident. (criminal offense) Statements are taken and a hearing is held that day. Any damages/fines must be paid before they will release you.

Dave

They were just college kids & besides being pretty scraped up I am sure they were scared to death & probably did not have a lot of money (or credit) between them. They were very lucky it was not worse than it was! Juli

• 3 weeks later...
We're from lower Arkansas. It was nice to go on a cruise where people spoke proper english without a funny accent.;)

Is there a "Like" button for this?

Being from Louisiana, everyone feels free to make a comment about my accent. I speak normal.. YOU have the accent. lol.;)

I'll be on the 3/12 cruise as well! This will be our (Me, DH and son, 7) first cruise so we are pretty excited.

Progresso we are booked for the Discover Mayan Ruins tour through Carnival. For Cozumel we are headed to Paradise Beach.

Can't wait!!:D:D:D

Oh, and for some reason I am craving some nachos and a Strawberry Dacquari after reading this thread!

Edited by Tooty

• 3 years later...