Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Crystal Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Crystal Cruises
Read Crystal Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Crystal Cruise Deals.

Register for a Cruise Critic/Crystal Cruises Meet & Mingle

Need to make a change or addition to your Meet & Mingle registration? Update Your Meet & Mingle Registration

GO TO: Crystal ROLL CALL Forums

Closed Thread

Old May 29th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith1010 View Post
As to this new product, this is not related to STEX as the sponsor does not have to be on the same sailing. I think it would be a big mistake for this to be supported on Cruise Critic because I think it would get way out of hand and I mean a lot of very hard feelings.

I think this is best left in our respective hands with our own set of friends, family and associates.
I agree completely. When I first read of this special referral program, I was concerned it might be handled on Cruise Critic the way STEX is currently orchestrated. With no requirement to physically sail with the newbie, it would mean any Society member on this board could solicit someone new to Crystal. The thought of that happening would be like multiple people vying for a hot item up for auction on eBay, and I would strongly discourage this forum from going in that direction.

Old May 29th, 2011, 10:53 AM
5,000+ Club

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAV View Post
I agree completely. When I first read of this special referral program, I was concerned it might be handled on Cruise Critic the way STEX is currently orchestrated. With no requirement to physically sail with the newbie, it would mean any Society member on this board could solicit someone new to Crystal. The thought of that happening would be like multiple people vying for a hot item up for auction on eBay, and I would strongly discourage this forum from going in that direction.
Totally concur Brian and Keith!!!

Nancy

Old June 3rd, 2011, 05:37 PM
50,000+ Club

Just wanted to note that we received our new Passport Magazine in todays mail and it included the three certificates for the new Crystal Referral Rewards Program.

Keith

Old June 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Me too.......fabulous issue & great write up about Serenity's new look. Bedtime reading, made for really good dreams!

Travel Blog: www.liv4cruzin.com

Old June 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygp View Post
Totally concur Brian and Keith!!!

Nancy
We agree as well, but what is to stop someone from posting about the availability of the discount certificate for newbies as is done on the Seabourn board?
Host Dan, please comment.

Old June 7th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Cruise Critic Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by marienbad View Post
We agree as well, but what is to stop someone from posting about the availability of the discount certificate for newbies as is done on the Seabourn board?
Host Dan, please comment.
Hello all,
I will alert Laura S when she returns from her cruise as to what the CC policy will be regarding this new program. Other cruise lines (including Crystal STEX) have been OK with a referral thread. We need to make sure Crystal is OK with another..

Host Dan

hostdan@cruisecritic.com

Old June 7th, 2011, 06:28 PM
5,000+ Club

If not, please keep the STEX thread as a sticky. The other referral plan will be done off line by passengers with theirr own friends and we will not be supporting it as a group with posts looking for participants. Thanks.l

Old June 7th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith02 View Post
If not, please keep the STEX thread as a sticky. The other referral plan will be done off line by passengers with theirr own friends and we will not be supporting it as a group with posts looking for participants. Thanks.l
We agree with Judith that there should not be a referral thread for this new referral program.
Just don't know how one could stop individuals from advertising coupons for new passengers on the Crystal board.

Old June 7th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

This is an extremely generous and unusual promotion and is probably indicative of the difficulty Crystal is having in attracting new customers (why else would they run it?). As others have noted, a bad economy and a surplus of luxury berths make for a tough sales environment.

Old June 8th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Cruise Critic Host

Quote:
Just don't know how one could stop individuals from advertising coupons for new passengers on the Crystal board.
I do!

Host Dan

hostdan@cruisecritic.com

Last edited by Host Dan; June 8th, 2011 at 11:11 AM.

Old June 8th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Dan
That sounds encouraging.

Old June 8th, 2011, 08:29 PM
5,000+ Club

Wink

Quote:
Thanks Dan
That sounds encouraging.
Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!