Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Solo Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Solo Cruisers Do you leave your cares -- and everyone -- behind when you cruise?
Don't Miss Cruise Critic's Best Cruises for Solo Travelers and Cruise Welcome Mat for Solo Cruisers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default "Braving", "Pathetic", "Lonely" solo trips

Why on earth does someone think it is "brave" to do a solo trip? Or, for that matter, why is a solo traveler "Lonely" or "pathetic"? Could it be incredibly low self-esteem from the first-timer? I just wonder because I can't think of anyone I would want to come and ruin the freedom this type of vacation offers. Please know that this is meant somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but just wondering what other solo's think about these lables.
RCCL Enchantment 2/04

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting #$(@&*$ What a ride!