Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Closed Thread

Old August 1st, 2011, 02:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

We had considered cancelling our TA until we looked at what Choice Air had to offer. The rates we were looking at were in th $2500 range. Choice Air was under $600 and non-stop as well.
Century 10, Constellation 10, Ryndam 10, Constellation 11, Amsterdam 11, Constellation 11, Maasdam 12, Equinox 12, Infinity 13, Infinity 13, Silhouette 14, Infinity 14, Infinity 14, Maasdam 14, Silhouette 15, Reflection 15

Old August 1st, 2011, 02:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterPlayer View Post
We recently purchased a one way flight to BCN for our TA in November. We purchased the tickets through ChoiceAir (at a terrific savings) then booked our seats directly through the Continental website with our confirmation number. It was easy and we were able to choose the exact seats we wanted for each leg of the flight.
Wonderful! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Hope it will translate for whichever carrier we end up on. Thank you for the quick reply.

Coming up:

Past Cruises:

Celebrity Reflection ~ Nov/Dec 2013
Celebrity Solstice ~ Feb/Mar 2011
Celebrity Solstice ~ May 2010
RCCL Mariner of the Seas ~ September 2008
RCCL Liberty of the Seas ~ September 2007
RCCL Adventure of the Seas ~ October 2002

Old August 1st, 2011, 03:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Andy View Post
Hi Dawn !

Glad you are enjoying the ChoiceAir thread. Here is Troy's response :

Dawn, the seat assignment module has had some technical limitations for certain carriers, and is scheduled for re-launch by the end of this month. In the interim, you can certainly log on to the carriers' websites and assign seats, update frequent traveller information, etc. Thanks for asking.
Thanks Andy!

I agree with others who suggested making this thread a sticky.. valuable information here!

Coming up:

Past Cruises:

Celebrity Reflection ~ Nov/Dec 2013
Celebrity Solstice ~ Feb/Mar 2011
Celebrity Solstice ~ May 2010
RCCL Mariner of the Seas ~ September 2008
RCCL Liberty of the Seas ~ September 2007
RCCL Adventure of the Seas ~ October 2002

Old August 1st, 2011, 03:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Andy - great thread. Thank you for the information! I saw an earlier question regarding upgrading - "Can airline miles be used to upgrade to business class?"

Old August 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM
Cruise Critic Host & 10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sail7 View Post
Hi Andy - great thread. Thank you for the information! I saw an earlier question regarding upgrading - "Can airline miles be used to upgrade to business class?"
Hi Luv2sail !

Glad you are enjoying the thread. Here is Troy's response :

While in most cases, you can upgrade, some airlines do have specific criteria for upgrade eligibility, including limitations on some published and contract fares. To be safe, always review your frequent traveler program rules carefully, and click on the fare rules when booking in ChoiceAir. If you have any doubts about the your upgrade eligibility, check with your reward program provider. If you have questions about the fare fules, feel free to call us, and our ChoiceAir Support agents will be glad to look at the rules with you.

Old August 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Andy, we are booked on the Eclipse in February 2013 - what do you think - will we be able to use this programm from Germany/Europe to USA then? Thanks for your information. Very much appreciated. :-)

Old August 9th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

I recently booked a one way with a stopover for the cruise thru choice air for Mom and me. We will be in Aruba on vacation then going to SanJuan for our cruise, then returning to our home airport, Dulles.

Flights are good, and price was right.

I tried doing this one on my own and prices were higher than they were able to find for me.

K

Old August 11th, 2011, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black forest View Post
Andy, we are booked on the Eclipse in February 2013 - what do you think - will we be able to use this programm from Germany/Europe to USA then? Thanks for your information. Very much appreciated. :-)
Hi Black Forest !

Here is Troy's response :

In checking with my colleagues in Germany, I understand that ChoiceAir enhancements that are currently underway for European Travelers, should enable us to have ChoiceAir available in our Frankfurt Reservations Centre in the first part of 2012, and hopefully in German Travel Agencies by the end of the year. The plan will be to launch to German consumers shortly after that, assuming the earlier releases are well received.

Last edited by Host Andy; August 11th, 2011 at 09:58 AM.

Old August 11th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hello Andy,

thank you for your reply and your support. It is very much appreciated!

That is great news. I will check that next year for my cruise in Februar 2013.

Regards,
Elke

Old August 31st, 2011, 01:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Recently there was a post on Choice Air and a schedule change. Yes, I know the airlines make the changes not Choice Air. But I have a question on this....if you book with Choice Air and the airlines do a schedule change, do the same rules not apply? Meaning, depending on the change, can I request a move to another carrier, time, etc? I've never booked with ChoiceAir as I've always done it on my own but I was thinking of it for my next cruise.

I am assuming booking thru Choice Air is similar to an agency as far as responsibility but I want to understand before I go this route.

Thanks

Old September 6th, 2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball fan View Post
Recently there was a post on Choice Air and a schedule change. Yes, I know the airlines make the changes not Choice Air. But I have a question on this....if you book with Choice Air and the airlines do a schedule change, do the same rules not apply? Meaning, depending on the change, can I request a move to another carrier, time, etc? I've never booked with ChoiceAir as I've always done it on my own but I was thinking of it for my next cruise.

I am assuming booking thru Choice Air is similar to an agency as far as responsibility but I want to understand before I go this route.

Thanks
Hi Baseball fan !

Here is Troy's response :

Yes, we follow the airlines' policy regarding schedule changes. If the guest does not wish to accept the proposed change, we are happy to work with them and the airline to find a suitable alternative, or look at other carrier options, and request a full refund on the original tickets. Sometimes, there just aren't any great options, but we will provide the best there is. The ultimate decision of how to deal with the schedule change, is the guest's.

Old September 7th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Where is Choice Air?

I purchased Choice Air for my Med. cruise so I know it was easily available to look at on the old Celebrity Website. With the new Celebrity Website I can't find it anywhere. I even searched the Celebrity search site on their website but I can not find a link anywhere to get me to Choice Air. With the new Celebrity Website (the old site was much better) how do you get to Choice Air to see what the air will cost you?

Thank you.

Old September 7th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMR View Post
I purchased Choice Air for my Med. cruise so I know it was easily available to look at on the old Celebrity Website. With the new Celebrity Website I can't find it anywhere. I even searched the Celebrity search site on their website but I can not find a link anywhere to get me to Choice Air. With the new Celebrity Website (the old site was much better) how do you get to Choice Air to see what the air will cost you?

Thank you.
www.choiceair.com will redirect you to the RCL, Celebrity, Azamara choice air website.

Old September 14th, 2011, 06:13 PM
5,000+ Club

I'll try to make this general although of course I have something specific in mind. I'm booked on the April 15th Solstace transatlantic and looking at air. When I immediately go into Choice Air it goes to a multi-city itinerary which comes out to about $2200 minimum from BWI. The system does let me search on individual 1-way flights with prices of about $250 to FLL and $550 back from Barcelona. Is buying individual 1-way flights really permitted on Choice Air?

Thanks

Roy

Future cruises:

10/28/14 QM2 EB Transatlantic >>> Wind Star WB Transatlantic
12/28/14 Ryndam Western Caribbean
1/23/15 MS Maasdam FTL to Rio
3/13/15 Grandeur OTS B2B BWI-Bahamas-Caribbean
5/4/15 Crystal Serenity EB Transatlantic >> 5/20/15 Prinsendam Kiel/Celtic Collectors
10/11/15 QM2 TA New York > Southampton >>> 10/22/15 Allure of the Seas Transatlantic from Rome
1/27/16 Crystal Symphony Buenos Aires-Antarctica-Miami
8/16/16 Crystal Serenity Northwest Passage

Old September 14th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

I would assume that if they are showing it then it is . I called the agent to get my prices and was quoted the $550.00 back also. Their system will not allow searches when the cruises are B2B so I cannot do my own. Some people live close enough that they don't need a flight to the cruise.
Celebrity Solstice Western Med. 2012
Celebrity Reflection 2013
Oasis of the Seas 2013
Celebrity Infinity TA Oct. 24 2013
Celebrity Century Panama Canal Jan. 5 2014
SAILING
Celebrity Constellation TA Nov. 5 2014
Celebrity Equinox Jan. 12 2015

Old September 15th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just found out about Choice Air. It seems like a good option with reasonable pricing. We are doing an Xpedition cruise in June 2012. Can anyone give us some advice as to when to book our flights? Book now or wait for a few more months? Thank-you in advance.

Old September 16th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafinmd View Post
I'll try to make this general although of course I have something specific in mind. I'm booked on the April 15th Solstace transatlantic and looking at air. When I immediately go into Choice Air it goes to a multi-city itinerary which comes out to about $2200 minimum from BWI. The system does let me search on individual 1-way flights with prices of about $250 to FLL and $550 back from Barcelona. Is buying individual 1-way flights really permitted on Choice Air?

Thanks

Roy
Yes, one way tickets are available for purchase. For our Apr2011 transatlantic, we flew Southwest (purchased via southwest website) down to Ft Lauderdale and flew American home from London (purchased via Choice Air at an incredible savings).

For our Nov2011 transatlantic, we purchased our tickets to Barcelona via Choice Air (again at a great savings) and are flying home via Southwest.

The international flights are where you really see a savings through Choice Air, especially the one way tickets. For domestic flights, I book through the airline usually.

My brother is doing a Med cruise and he got great tickets from California to Paris (for a short stop) then to Barcelona, and from Barcelona back to California. You can do multiple stop tickets through Choice Air but you need to call to book them. Multi stops can't be done through the Choice Air website.

Old September 16th, 2011, 09:29 PM
5,000+ Club

Default 1st Time with Choice Air - I'll Be Back.

I just booked flights for our Buenos Aires to Valparaiso cruise in January. The prices I had looked at on Saturday, weren't available on Monday and I had booked the cruise on Sunday. My TA could not do any better. He said that there had been a fare increase over the weekend. I use Kayak so I could see every web-based travel company's price. I also went directly to the airline web site. Still way to high.

I called Choice Air and I guess they hadn't gotten the memo yet, so we booked with them saving several hundred dollars per person. YAY!

The negative was that they only decent price (still high) that was offered from our regional airport to the international one was 5 AM for a 9 PM flight and Choice Air could not even book that one. The ones available to them were outrageous! like $400 r/t for a 30 minute flight on an itty bitty plane (Embrair for those of y'all who know planes).

We decided to drive to the international airport (6 hours) and leave our car. Our Honda Civic gets great mileage, the lot is about $12 per day and we can stop and get a decent non-airport meal on the way.

This was the first time I tried Choice Air and I was very happy with the price. Our loyalty status excepted us from the fee. I'll be back for a future cruise. Especially with multi-city or a transatlantic.
Loyalty program status: Does it really matter?

Old September 20th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default We'll Use ChoiceAir Again

We recently were the beneficiaries of ChoiceAir's Assured Arrival policy, which saved our vacation. We had booked through ChoiceAir, scheduled to leave Hartford, CT for Newark, NJ on our way to Rome, Italy on Sunday, August 28 to meet the Equinox. Thanks to Hurricane Irene, our flights were cancelled. One phone call to ChoiceAir got us re-booked two days later to Athens, Greece, where we were able to meet our ship. In addition, we were met at Athens airport, taken to a lovely (and convenient) hotel, and picked up the next morning and brought to the ship. No muss, no fuss and not a dime out-of-pocket.

Old September 20th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafinmd View Post

Thanks

Roy
Yes, we have used Choice Air twice on TAs. Used Choice Air for the Transatlantic flight, at considerable savings (about $600), and our own reservations on AirTran for Florida-home for less than $100.

Closed Thread