Welcome to your new home !

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:14 AM.
#21
St. Thomas ON
5,867 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by soccrguy
Oh so you think that's funny!!!!???? Yur right, it is...

spent the afternoon installing a new sink-- what fun-- I'm getting way to old for that stuff!!! I think I'm gona invent a sink you can actually "work" under
I'll take 2 please. I hate plumbing.

Today is done, thankfully.

3 more to go then the weekend and most of all, my girl in the office who insulates me from most of the whackjobs will be back from holidays.

Pat - have you tried the 3 card poker yet??? You might still make your regular donation, it just may take longer
#22
The Villages, Florida
3,657 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by steveNcindy
I'll take 2 please. I hate plumbing.

Today is done, thankfully.

3 more to go then the weekend and most of all, my girl in the office who insulates me from most of the whackjobs will be back from holidays.

Pat - have you tried the 3 card poker yet??? You might still make your regular donation, it just may take longer
I actually stood ther for a bit and watched a few games-- I also made a mistake as we were at the "Hardrock casino" not Hollywood--didn't matter as they accepted my donation just as fast... now those two tables i was watching those people were throwing money in so fast-- the dealers could hardly keep up accepting all of their donations so it was back to the slots and a nice slow death!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Holland America Eurodam 1/21/2017
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 2/6/2016
RCCL Allure of the Seas 2/1/2015
Carnival dream 1/12/2013 eastern
Carnival Miracle2/7/2011 Southern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas VT cruisers
1/24/2010
Carnival Miracle VT cruisers 1/24/2009
Carnival legend(again) valentines day 2/12/2007
Carnival Legend cruise critic group cruise 1/6/2005
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Costa Atlantica 3/26/2001
Carnival triumph 1/8/2000
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987
Uss Mauna Loa 1969/70 (hey it was a cruise)
16 cruises and still counting










#23
St. Thomas ON
5,867 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by soccrguy
I actually stood ther for a bit and watched a few games-- I also made a mistake as we were at the "Hardrock casino" not Hollywood--didn't matter as they accepted my donation just as fast... now those two tables i was watching those people were throwing money in so fast-- the dealers could hardly keep up accepting all of their donations so it was back to the slots and a nice slow death!!!
When I played on the cruise it was much more relaxed and slow paced - more social.

Vegas was more business - get your chips down, let me take them, here is your free drink, lose some more.

The ship is much more fun to play.

60% of the way to weekend, I can make it
#25
The Villages, Florida
3,657 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by steveNcindy
High of 42 Saturday, Low of 32 Saturday

Maybe I don't want the weekend to get here to quickly
OOPS--- that's a little too fast...
we are supposed to have a big temp. change this weekend also-- but the highs will still be low 80's ad the lows-- low 60's-- just can't wait to get the windows open-- and the electric bill lower
Oh yea, Hawks 4- Wings 3-- at least this time i knew who most of them were...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Holland America Eurodam 1/21/2017
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 2/6/2016
RCCL Allure of the Seas 2/1/2015
Carnival dream 1/12/2013 eastern
Carnival Miracle2/7/2011 Southern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas VT cruisers
1/24/2010
Carnival Miracle VT cruisers 1/24/2009
Carnival legend(again) valentines day 2/12/2007
Carnival Legend cruise critic group cruise 1/6/2005
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Costa Atlantica 3/26/2001
Carnival triumph 1/8/2000
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987
Uss Mauna Loa 1969/70 (hey it was a cruise)
16 cruises and still counting










#26
St. Thomas ON
5,867 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by soccrguy

OOPS--- that's a little too fast...
we are supposed to have a big temp. change this weekend also-- but the highs will still be low 80's ad the lows-- low 60's-- just can't wait to get the windows open-- and the electric bill lower
Oh yea, Hawks 4- Wings 3-- at least this time i knew who most of them were...
I could take those temps all year round

Leafs are down now to I think 25 in camp and there are only a couple spots open. By the end of the weekend, they will have the team and the real thing starts next week

Just in time for me to start my annual winter hibernation
#27
The Villages, Florida
3,657 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by steveNcindy
I could take those temps all year round

Leafs are down now to I think 25 in camp and there are only a couple spots open. By the end of the weekend, they will have the team and the real thing starts next week

Just in time for me to start my annual winter hibernation
It's Friday!!!! Ya made it to another one!!! Ya gonna be heading up to finish off those beers-- oops, i mean close up the trailer!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Holland America Eurodam 1/21/2017
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 2/6/2016
RCCL Allure of the Seas 2/1/2015
Carnival dream 1/12/2013 eastern
Carnival Miracle2/7/2011 Southern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas VT cruisers
1/24/2010
Carnival Miracle VT cruisers 1/24/2009
Carnival legend(again) valentines day 2/12/2007
Carnival Legend cruise critic group cruise 1/6/2005
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Costa Atlantica 3/26/2001
Carnival triumph 1/8/2000
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987
Uss Mauna Loa 1969/70 (hey it was a cruise)
16 cruises and still counting










#28
St. Thomas ON
5,867 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by soccrguy
It's Friday!!!! Ya made it to another one!!! Ya gonna be heading up to finish off those beers-- oops, i mean close up the trailer!!!
The rain was coming down sideways and temps are in the 40's and dropping. Decided to stay home where it is warm and cozy then head up tomorrow and close it down.

May have to bring the beers home with me.

Pretty sure they won't go bad

May watch some baseball tonight actually, Tigers and Yankees.
#29
The Villages, Florida
3,657 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by steveNcindy
The rain was coming down sideways and temps are in the 40's and dropping. Decided to stay home where it is warm and cozy then head up tomorrow and close it down.

May have to bring the beers home with me.

Pretty sure they won't go bad

May watch some baseball tonight actually, Tigers and Yankees.
So much for the Tigers/yankees---
Cold front finally hit us!!! windows open-- air off-- for now at least!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Holland America Eurodam 1/21/2017
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 2/6/2016
RCCL Allure of the Seas 2/1/2015
Carnival dream 1/12/2013 eastern
Carnival Miracle2/7/2011 Southern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas VT cruisers
1/24/2010
Carnival Miracle VT cruisers 1/24/2009
Carnival legend(again) valentines day 2/12/2007
Carnival Legend cruise critic group cruise 1/6/2005
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Costa Atlantica 3/26/2001
Carnival triumph 1/8/2000
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987
Uss Mauna Loa 1969/70 (hey it was a cruise)
16 cruises and still counting










#30
Divide, CO.
2,230 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Nice summer weather here....yet the mountains are ablaze with color, and it is definitely Fall!

My girlfriend starts her 11 day Med cruise tomorrow....Mariner of the Seas....she's in Florence (?)/Rome(?) now. Her very 1st cruise, in a junior suite!!!! I sent her a tray of those chocolate covered strawberries as a Bon Voyage gift...hope they make it to her room tomorrow.

Broncos at 2:15pm MST..... against the Packers....... GO PACKERS!!!
#31
St. Thomas ON
5,867 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by soccrguy
Cold front finally hit us!!! windows open-- air off-- for now at least!!!
Cold front hit us too, we had freezing rain this morning . Was fun doing all the outside trailer close down after that. Oh well it all done, we are home and all is put away for the winter.

Originally posted by Foo7595
My girlfriend starts her 11 day Med cruise tomorrow....Mariner of the Seas....she's in Florence (?)/Rome(?) now. Her very 1st cruise, in a junior suite!!!! I sent her a tray of those chocolate covered strawberries as a Bon Voyage gift...hope they make it to her room tomorrow.
That is quite the way to jump into cruising. Hope she enjoys sea days. I would love a cruise like that as I am a sea day person. Maybe one day

Time to shower, try and get warm and watch some football and baseball. Oh and rest the injured shoulder. How the *&^% do you hurt your shoulder downloading music . Friday night after being on the computer for 4 hours, I suddenly couldn't lift my arm, figure I pinched a nerve. Can make do with it and get done what I have to do but sleeping is misery as I toss and turn all night. Every time I roll on it, I am awake.

The joys of getting older
#32
The Villages, Florida
3,657 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by steveNcindy
Cold front hit us too, we had freezing rain this morning . Was fun doing all the outside trailer close down after that. Oh well it all done, we are home and all is put away for the winter.



That is quite the way to jump into cruising. Hope she enjoys sea days. I would love a cruise like that as I am a sea day person. Maybe one day

Time to shower, try and get warm and watch some football and baseball. Oh and rest the injured shoulder. How the *&^% do you hurt your shoulder downloading music . Friday night after being on the computer for 4 hours, I suddenly couldn't lift my arm, figure I pinched a nerve. Can make do with it and get done what I have to do but sleeping is misery as I toss and turn all night. Every time I roll on it, I am awake.

The joys of getting older
You hurt your shoulder downloading music??? they shoot horses for less!!
Glad ya got the trailer all closed up-- now you can listen to your music-- ice up the shoulder, and wait for spring---- and what the &^%% is with your Bronco's!!!! Against the Pack too!!! And now the only two undefeated teams left are in the NFC central.. that really helps my Bears!!
Lisa-- that's a heck of a way for your friend to start cruising.. Is she on a repostioning cruise?? If so-- like Steve said-- that is alot of sea days-- and many of them you can't use your balconey because of the wind and it gets a little cool-- Bot that's alot of casino days!!! And how are you getting along now???
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Holland America Eurodam 1/21/2017
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 2/6/2016
RCCL Allure of the Seas 2/1/2015
Carnival dream 1/12/2013 eastern
Carnival Miracle2/7/2011 Southern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas VT cruisers
1/24/2010
Carnival Miracle VT cruisers 1/24/2009
Carnival legend(again) valentines day 2/12/2007
Carnival Legend cruise critic group cruise 1/6/2005
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Costa Atlantica 3/26/2001
Carnival triumph 1/8/2000
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987
Uss Mauna Loa 1969/70 (hey it was a cruise)
16 cruises and still counting










#33
St. Thomas ON
5,867 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by soccrguy
You hurt your shoulder downloading music??? they shoot horses for less!!
Don't tell Cindy that, she doesn't need any ideas

Doc figures it is a nerve in my neck pinched that is radiating out there Looks like a few weeks with the chiropractor to get all sorted out. I got a crack out of my neck today though and things feel a little better - we will see.

NFC Central is looking pretty tough this year, I would not go to bed too early next Monday even if the Bears are up by a bunch. I don't think this is the same old Lions - wow did they make Romo look awful yesterday.

The Broncos - well, I will leave that to Lisa to comment on
#34
The Villages, Florida
3,657 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by steveNcindy
Don't tell Cindy that, she doesn't need any ideas

Doc figures it is a nerve in my neck pinched that is radiating out there Looks like a few weeks with the chiropractor to get all sorted out. I got a crack out of my neck today though and things feel a little better - we will see.

NFC Central is looking pretty tough this year, I would not go to bed too early next Monday even if the Bears are up by a bunch. I don't think this is the same old Lions - wow did they make Romo look awful yesterday.

The Broncos - well, I will leave that to Lisa to comment on
You need to head over to chinatown and have Dr. Acu-puncture-- stick a few needles in ya.. that'l take care of you "neck Crick"
I don't think there will be a problem with the Bears being way up on the Lions this year I heard that there have been sightings of Cutler at the sports store checking out a new pair of "running shoes"...The Lions are my "root for" team this year-- after the Bears-- They've been doormats so long it's about time they got a little payback..and the Vikes are 0-4 so all is well And P.S. Romo made himself look awful...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Holland America Eurodam 1/21/2017
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 2/6/2016
RCCL Allure of the Seas 2/1/2015
Carnival dream 1/12/2013 eastern
Carnival Miracle2/7/2011 Southern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas VT cruisers
1/24/2010
Carnival Miracle VT cruisers 1/24/2009
Carnival legend(again) valentines day 2/12/2007
Carnival Legend cruise critic group cruise 1/6/2005
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Costa Atlantica 3/26/2001
Carnival triumph 1/8/2000
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987
Uss Mauna Loa 1969/70 (hey it was a cruise)
16 cruises and still counting










#35
Divide, CO.
2,230 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Hi guys.....

Well, my Stevie is off today on a 10 day road trip to Illinois, with his (a little) older brother Mike. I was "invited" but declined the offer for a few reasons.... wanted him to have quality time with Mike.... wanted to maximize my time in the gardens.......was worried if I DID go, I'd be about 10 days behind with my work schedule. Having some regrets now that I didn't join them. This house is awful quiet, and I miss him already BIG-TIME! SERIOUSLY!!! Hhhmmmnnn.... what on earth was I thinking?
#36
The Villages, Florida
3,657 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by Foo7595
Hi guys.....

Well, my Stevie is off today on a 10 day road trip to Illinois, with his (a little) older brother Mike. I was "invited" but declined the offer for a few reasons.... wanted him to have quality time with Mike.... wanted to maximize my time in the gardens.......was worried if I DID go, I'd be about 10 days behind with my work schedule. Having some regrets now that I didn't join them. This house is awful quiet, and I miss him already BIG-TIME! SERIOUSLY!!! Hhhmmmnnn.... what on earth was I thinking?
Where in Illinois??
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Holland America Eurodam 1/21/2017
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 2/6/2016
RCCL Allure of the Seas 2/1/2015
Carnival dream 1/12/2013 eastern
Carnival Miracle2/7/2011 Southern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas VT cruisers
1/24/2010
Carnival Miracle VT cruisers 1/24/2009
Carnival legend(again) valentines day 2/12/2007
Carnival Legend cruise critic group cruise 1/6/2005
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Costa Atlantica 3/26/2001
Carnival triumph 1/8/2000
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987
Uss Mauna Loa 1969/70 (hey it was a cruise)
16 cruises and still counting










#37
St. Thomas ON
5,867 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by soccrguy
And P.S. Romo made himself look awful...
He did throw 5 td's though Sunday. Albeit 2 were to the Lions

Originally posted by Foo7595
SERIOUSLY!!! Hhhmmmnnn.... what on earth was I thinking?
Think how much you get done though Lisa. Then when Steve gets home you will be caught up and he can take you on road trip then

2 days left of work this week then we are on our road trip up to Peggy's for Thanksgiving. Weather looks like it will be incredible too, lots of sun and warmth. Turkey Sunday night, doing a big seafood feast on Saturday night.
#38
The Villages, Florida
3,657 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by steveNcindy
He did throw 5 td's though Sunday. Albeit 2 were to the Lions



Think how much you get done though Lisa. Then when Steve gets home you will be caught up and he can take you on road trip then

2 days left of work this week then we are on our road trip up to Peggy's for Thanksgiving. Weather looks like it will be incredible too, lots of sun and warmth. Turkey Sunday night, doing a big seafood feast on Saturday night.
You always confuse me when you talk "turkey" in october!! Of course that's pretty easy to do!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Holland America Eurodam 1/21/2017
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 2/6/2016
RCCL Allure of the Seas 2/1/2015
Carnival dream 1/12/2013 eastern
Carnival Miracle2/7/2011 Southern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas VT cruisers
1/24/2010
Carnival Miracle VT cruisers 1/24/2009
Carnival legend(again) valentines day 2/12/2007
Carnival Legend cruise critic group cruise 1/6/2005
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Costa Atlantica 3/26/2001
Carnival triumph 1/8/2000
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987
Uss Mauna Loa 1969/70 (hey it was a cruise)
16 cruises and still counting










#39
St. Thomas ON
5,867 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by soccrguy
You always confuse me when you talk "turkey" in october!! Of course that's pretty easy to do!!!
We don't like digging them out of snow drifts in November up here so we celebrate early

I think I lost the Son in Law of the year award today - had to condemn the inlaws furnace and shut it down . Mother in Law I don't think is too impressed to be without heat until Oct 24

On the bright side, 1 more day until the long weekend
#40
The Villages, Florida
3,657 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Originally posted by steveNcindy
We don't like digging them out of snow drifts in November up here so we celebrate early

I think I lost the Son in Law of the year award today - had to condemn the inlaws furnace and shut it down . Mother in Law I don't think is too impressed to be without heat until Oct 24

On the bright side, 1 more day until the long weekend
Oct 24th!!! You might want to consider getting them done a little sooner or you could end up with some extra "boarders"...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Holland America Eurodam 1/21/2017
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 2/6/2016
RCCL Allure of the Seas 2/1/2015
Carnival dream 1/12/2013 eastern
Carnival Miracle2/7/2011 Southern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas VT cruisers
1/24/2010
Carnival Miracle VT cruisers 1/24/2009
Carnival legend(again) valentines day 2/12/2007
Carnival Legend cruise critic group cruise 1/6/2005
Carnival Pride 3/22/2003
Costa Atlantica 3/26/2001
Carnival triumph 1/8/2000
Carnival fantasy 1/1996
SS Dolphin 1986 and 1987
Uss Mauna Loa 1969/70 (hey it was a cruise)
16 cruises and still counting