Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Spain Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Spain Ports Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville

Old October 11th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Unhappy Barcelona Hotel Post day - warning

We stayed one post night at Catalonia Berna with a transfer from hotel to airport the next day provided through Carnival. This hotel was suppose to provide a breakfast buffet that was included in the price (an extra 16 euro). We were suppose to be picked up 2 1/2 hours before our 10:15am flight.

When we received our instructions it stated we had to be in the lobby at 7am. The hotel does not serve breakfast until 7 and 7:30 on Saturdays. So we lost out on a breakfast. No coffee in the lobby either. We arrived at the airport at 7:35 and had to eat there. This is just a heads up warning if the included breakfast makes or breaks you decision to book this hotel. I'm sure this happens at most of the hotels booked through the cruise lines with transfers to the airport.
Sapphire Princess 10/25/2008 Mexican Riviera, Dawn Princess 5/17/2008 Alaska Inside Passage, Carnival Pride 9/18/2005 Mexican Riviera, Carnival Magic Italy 9/25/2010, Caribbean Princess British Isles 7/11/2013

Old October 11th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Did you check whether a box breakfast could be organised. I know I have stayed in a couple of hotels where breakfast was included and had an early morning flight. I was given a box breakfast.

Upcoming Cruises

Completed Cruises
Ruby Princess TA October 2012| Dawn Princess New Zealand December 2012 | Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean | Celebrity Equinox TA April 2013 | Sea Princess Auckland to Sydney August 2013| Dawn Princess Sydney - Hobart - Melbourne November 2013 |Diamond Princess Tasmania December 2013 | Rhapsody of Seas South Pacific January 2014 | PO UK Arcadia - Sydney to Melbourne February 2014 | Dawn Princess - Melbourne to Auckland March 2014 |Carnival Spirit South Pacific August 2014|Dawn Princess - Melbourne to Auckland October 2014 |

Last edited by icat2000; October 11th, 2011 at 10:00 PM.