Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old January 13th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Default Member Reviews of the Week by Dallas_Doggie_Mom, normsnan, hmr113, felloship & E1960!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: a Reusable Grocery Tote -- we hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Pearl New Year's Cruise by Dallas_Doggie_Mom
My family and I cruised on the Pearl for New Year's this year. My husband and I had cruised the last two Christmases on NCL's Spirit and the Dawn. We were excited to give New Year's a try, and we invited my husband's son and his wife to join us. We arrived in Miami on the 23rd, and spent a day and a half seeing Miami. Our hotel was the Hilton Downtown, which was convenient to the port. We had a view of the bay, so we were able to watch the ships. We saw the Epic, which was cool, since we will sail on her for Christmas 2012. Continue reading New Year's Cruise

Carnival Dream Traveling with Our Best Friends by normsnan
My husband and I are 55 and 54 respectively, with a 21 year old son and a 20 year old daughter. This was a college winter break vacation for the kids, and we travelled with our neighbors and close friends, whose children are 7, 12 and 15. It was their first cruise. We departed from Port Canaveral, where our embarkation was a finely oiled machine. No problems...we packed small bags with pool stuff, books, etc. to tide us over until our luggage arrived. We went straight to the Lido Deck to get pool chairs, and to avoid the mad rush to the buffet. We did not purchase any spa packages, but we did get the soda packages. We wandered the ship, ate lunch, went to the muster drill (these used to be fun and silly, but now they are just boring!) and made sure we were on deck as we pulled away from port. I am not going to write a minute by minute description of your cruise, but here are the important points: Continue reading Traveling with Our Best Friends

Explorer of The Seas Not sure if I will ever cruise with RC again by hmr113
I recently took the explorer of the seas on Dec 11 to the 23. This cruise left from NJ which was nice because I was able to drive there seeing I live in Syracuse, NY. This was also my first cruise so I really didn't know what to expect. I have very mixed review about this cruise. I loved it because it was my first time to the Caribbean. I hated it for a lot of reasons though. First the embarkment was sort of easy. My friend was able to receive a wheelchair and we went thru the process pretty fast. However once on the ship, there was no one to direct us to our rooms and the lines for the single bay of elevators were long. And people were just rude. They would push onto the elevator before people got off. Continue reading Not sure if I will ever cruise with RC again

Statendam Wonderful, Relaxing Holiday Cruise Through the Panama Canal by felloship
I am a veteran cruiser, and as a family, my parents and I have spent the past few holidays on various cruises. They are 3 star Mariners with Holland America and just shy of four star status. This was my third - and favorite - Holland America cruise thus far. Previously I've cruised with them aboard the Zuiderdam; this was their second cruise aboard the Statendam (but their first since its upgrade last year) and they have also cruised aboard the Volendam, the Veendam, Oosterdam and Westerdam. Continue reading Wonderful, Relaxing Holiday Cruise Through the Panama Canal

Celebrity Infinity What happened to Celebrity? by E1960
The embarking day was the preview of what followed since the Seapass received did not work at all so I couldn't get into my cabin, all the passengers had to go to Guest Relations and have their Seapasses corrected, imagine that on embarking day. Later that night we go to Trellis to our assigned table- second seating, we were a party of 3 and did not want to share a table. At time of cruise reservation this was the deal breaker, our travel agency guaranteed us a private table, so we proceed with the purchase 8 months in advance. The second night imagine our surprise, when two maitre'd came to our table and questioned our seating there, my husband was able to show them our card with the table assignment, so then they started looking for a different excuse. Continue reading What happened to Celebrity?

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; January 13th, 2012 at 01:39 PM.