Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Menopause Sisters

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old January 7th, 2012, 02:23 PM
5,000+ Club

I didnt specifically unfriend you guys on Facebook. I closed my account which I guess unfriended everyone on my account. Someone hijacked my sons Facebook account a while back and started to post as him.... I did not feel I wanted to see it so I closed my account, thats all.

I also felt like I just wanted to unhook from social networks for a while, but thank you for the concern. Everything is fine with me.

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 7th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Smile

Punki, I developed some kind of infection and just let it go so long until I could not take it anymore. I am still feeling like crap and hopefully soon I hope the antibiotics start working.

Kelly, he can be a real dog at times.

Paula, it can be a great place to work, and it is even more enjoyable when he is away. That is when I can get a lot of things done.

Mary, it sounds like you are enjoying your cruise.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Kathy

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old January 7th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothdancer View Post
I didnt specifically unfriend you guys on Facebook. I closed my account which I guess unfriended everyone on my account. Someone hijacked my sons Facebook account a while back and started to post as him.... I did not feel I wanted to see it so I closed my account, thats all.

I also felt like I just wanted to unhook from social networks for a while, but thank you for the concern. Everything is fine with me.
Wow Smooth that is Unbelievable!
D

Old January 7th, 2012, 09:32 PM
5,000+ Club

Amazing Smooth,

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.

Last edited by Sea Fan; January 7th, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

Old January 7th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

D I went up the baking aisle tonight (to get FAT FREE pudding cups) and dang it the molasses mix was jumping off the shelf at me... I walked by it, but I really want to go back and get it...I cant stop thinking about those danged cookies....

Staying on the wagon pretty good got 14704 steps in so far today.

Kelly Ive been thinking about lifting too, but its my jelly belly that has to go, and go before April and the Hawaii Cruise.

Sharon we had all the dogs out walking today my two earlier and then I went for a super duper long one with DD and the Grand Dogs this afternoon.

Marianne one of the ladies on my roll call is making the tags for our crew too. We are up to 68 for our cocktail party and I think 38 for pre cruise dinner.. The other activities are really picking up too. Geesh I hope I still have time to be a slug on some of those Sea Days.

Dianne did you start packing yet? Well mental packing at least? So what do you think the air temps will be on the crossing in the beginning of April? Im having a hard time figuring that out.

D you could be shipping me up some of those magic beans too when you find them because I MUST put a stop to this weight nonesense now.

I was thinking of all my southern belles on here the other morning wondering if you were all frozen solid, D, Paula and Janey I knew Miss Mary was happy to be missing it.

Punki Guess What??????? WE ARE GETTING A TRADER JOES HERE IN THE SPRING !!!!!! Im so excited just because of all Ive heard from all of you about how awesome it is. There is also a rumor about a Wegmans

Well gotta run and listen to the rest of my girl Suze Orman...then back to Who Dat ball.

Have a good night ladies

Last edited by cruisingcouple2008; January 7th, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

Old January 8th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smooth, come on!!!!! Why on earth would someone do that?
Marianne

Old January 8th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Light bulb just went off....."Josh" did it.

Old January 8th, 2012, 01:15 PM
5,000+ Club

Totally makes sense....alter ego? OR One in the same

Old January 9th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

Good Morning! we were gone to visit my niece and family for the weekend. Had a good time. DD's BF got a new job and they did not have time to change their day care for today. DH went home with the dog and will come back for some play time and to pick me up.

Amy, my belly is the worst. I have skinny arms & legs but a belly that looks like I'm pg. I might not make real changes until after I take the certification test I need to take, probably in mid March. I have a lot of studying to do for the test. I'll still workout but probably not make a big change.

ok, it's play time! Maybe there will be wine-thirty when I get home!
Kelly

Old January 10th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Smile

Good morning to all. I hope 2012 will be a good year for us all.

Dianne, the med's are starting to kick in. But I am still under the weather for the time being.

Sharon, how is the Zumba working out at the new place?

Kelly one more full week to relax and enjoy your time off.

Hello to everyone I missed, have a good day.

Kathy

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

Old January 11th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Time to diet full force again!! I am thinking of restarting the UP day Down Day since it was sucessful for me last time. Of course it works best when accompanied by my double doses of exercise. Look out peri-meno metabolism!

Now all I need is encouragement from my friends!

Ellen

Old January 11th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Sorry I have been out of it for a couple of days.

Saturday, when the guy came to hook up our Direct TV, he was wearing some scent that caused a horrible allergic reaction in me. I immediately developed a screaming headache and became quite nauseated. When I called the Consulting Nurse, she had me take my blood pressure and it was 187/106 so, of course, they had me go into the ER to make sure that it hadn't trigger a stroke. They gave me pain medication and monitored me until my BP dropped down to 136/70 and let me go home. Not a fun way to spend the day, especially the last day before Joe left for Switzerland to ski.

It appears that two things are happening in my old age. First, my BP is becoming a pretty accurate barometer of my level of pain and, second, I am becoming more and more sensitive to allergens of all types. It will be curious to see what the allergist has to say when I see him later this month.

Joe is off in Switzerland, having a ball skiing all day with our Swiss friend. As luck would have it, we got a new project that needs his expertise so at night (Swiss time) he gets to Skype with our staff, giving them direction. By the grace of God, 2012 is looking pretty good, workwise.

Do any of you Skype? I talked to Joe a bit on Skype for a bit last night and it is really pretty amazing to communicate face-to-face for free with anybody, anywhere in the world for FREE for as long as your hearts desire. I would imagine that it would be a absentee grandmothers favorite toy.

My kids have upgraded their iPhones to G4 and now have the ability to have face-to-face conversations on their phones. Technology is just amazing. We will probably be upgrading our phones here shortly.

Thanks for posting Smooth. I was concerned about you. Hope all is well.

Sorry you got a bug, Kathy. Being sick is the pits. I will pray for a quick and total recovery for you.

Good for you Ellen for being on top of your weight all of the time. Losing 5 or 10 pounds, or whatever tiny amount you have to lose, is a lot easier than losing 30. Ugh. You are so smart for always taking charge early on.

Mary, I am just too jealous of your extended trip. We really do need to achieve some sort of retirement that allows month-long cruises.

Kelly, at least you have skinny arms and legs, and just have one area on which you need to focus your energy, although belly fat can be tenacious. It seems like all of the magazine that I peruse as I wait in line at the grocery store have articles on getting rid of belly fat. Check them out. I wish you the best of luck.

Amy, you will love your new Trader Joes. Well at least I love mine, especially the Two Buck Chuck, which is really pretty decent wine, and is occasionaly really good wine.

We had another friend die this past week of cancer. He was only 66, which is way too young to die. He worked for the Chancery for over 30 years so his funeral will be held at the cathedral, where the parking is horrible. I am taking all of the single older women in my carpool, including one friend who is in her 90s and has a disable parking sticker--hurray for that. We give her a ride home from Church every Sunday, so I don't feel badly about using her parking sticker for the funeral. She is a very vivacious and spunky old lady who was actually a communications officer in the navy in WWII. I get a real kick out of her. Tomorrow night I will attend the rosary/vigil at a neighboring parish. The deceased and his parents and children all grew up and went to school in our parish, but have now moved over to the next hill.

I am currently listening to "The Sparrow". Has anyone else read it? It was recommended to me by my daughter and turning out to be very interesting. I am always happy to receive recommendations for good books if you have read anything really interesting lately.

Time to try to get a little more sleep.

Blessing on you all, Punki

Queen Victoria 08/14 Baltic (Russia)
Queen Elizabeth 11/14 Mediterranean (Croatia)
Golden Princess 2/15 South America
Golden Princess 3/15 South America

Joyful memories

Grand Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Star Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Island Princess 4/14 Panama Canal * Star Princess 12/13 Hawaii (Best cruise ever) * HAL Noordam 10/13 WB Transatlantic * Golden Princess 8/13 Alaska * Crown Princess 2/13 Western Caribbean (Cancelled) * Golden Princess 12/12 Hawaii *Sapphire Princess 10/12 California Coastal * Caribbean Princess 7/12 Scandinavia * Caribbean Princess 4/12 EB Transatlantic Crossing * HAL Amsterdam 9/11 Puget Sound * Star Princess 7/11 Mediterraean * Island Princess 5/11 SFO/YVR * Emerald Princess 12/10 Aruba * Coral Princess 9/10 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/10 Alaska * Celebrity Mercury 10/9 Puget Sound * Star Princess 9/09 Alaska * Golden Princess 9/09 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/09 Alaska * Star Princess 5/09 Coastal * Sapphire Princess 12/08 Mexico * Golden Princess 9/08, Repo * HAL Volendam 9/08, Repo * NCL Star 9/08 Repo * QM2 7/08, New England * Island Princess 5/08 Coastal * Coral Princess 5/08 * Diamond Princess 9/07 * Island Princess 5/07 * Golden Princess 5/07 * HAL Veendam 9/06, Repo * Dawn Princess 9/06 Coastal * Dawn Princess 5/06 Repo * Sapphire Princess 9/05 PacificCoastal * Island Princess 8/05 YVR/ANC

Old January 11th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Punki, so sorry to hear you have lost another friend. Cancer does suck.

I've been reading the book New Rules of Lifting for Women. I don't agree with everything but I do agree with the idea that if we build more muscle it will increase our metabolism. I think the idea that we need to eat less and exercise more is flawed and it only slows down our metabolism and makes it harder to not only lose but maintain. The question I've been asking myself is "do I want to look skinny and have the scale say a low number and still have body fat or do I want to have less body fat and and weigh more on the scale because I have muscle?" I'm going to pick eat more, more muscle, weigh more. I'll let you know if it works.

Ok, I'm off to do some hamster wheel stuff!
Kelly

Old January 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

Kelly, I agree that watching the numbers on the scale does not work for me. I tend to do better when I concentrate on how my clothes feel and how I look in my undies. I look better toned. I may check into that book, I am definitely not toned at the moment. I was much more in shape about 9 months ago. The past few months have done me in.

Old January 13th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Where is everybody?

Please check in. I know I am the worst offender when it comes to going MIA, mea culpa, mea culpa, but we all really do need one another's encouragement to stay on the wagon through these next few crucial weeks.

Kelly, go for being buff. Who cares what the scale says as long as you look good, feel good and fit in you favorite clothes. After almost three months of being a vegetable I can tell you that there is nothing as good as being strong and active. In just that short time I grew new lumps on my thighs. Ugh. It is so nasty.

Ellen, I was looking at a picture of you today on FB and I can see that you practice what you preach. Your arms are very toned and look wonderful. I also see that you have first-class tickets booked across the pond in March. What are your departure and arrival points? What airline?

Joe wants to go back to Switzerland again in March for some more skiing but I won't go if I can't get first-class on Lufthansa. I have flown international first on United, British, Singapore, Malaysian, Air New Zealand and Lufthansa and Lufthansa has hands-down by far the best service and amenities--I am crazy about the caviar and iced vodka. Well I suppose if I really wanted to go somewhere, I would settle for business class, but I would surely be missing the caviar.

Kathy, how are you feeling? Don't let your bug get the best of you.

Marianne, what's happening in your life?

I am sorry that I got so far out of touch with everyone.

Time for me to get some sleep as I will be playing chauffeur for all of the single ladies attending the funeral tomorrow. We will be leaving an hour early as the parking, I am sure, will be insane. Following the funeral I need to scoot everybody back home and get into the office for payroll. The employees have to get paid on a regular basis. ;-) Fortunately, business has been really good and I am feeling very optimistic for 2012.

Off to sleep, Punki

Queen Victoria 08/14 Baltic (Russia)
Queen Elizabeth 11/14 Mediterranean (Croatia)
Golden Princess 2/15 South America
Golden Princess 3/15 South America

Joyful memories

Grand Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Star Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Island Princess 4/14 Panama Canal * Star Princess 12/13 Hawaii (Best cruise ever) * HAL Noordam 10/13 WB Transatlantic * Golden Princess 8/13 Alaska * Crown Princess 2/13 Western Caribbean (Cancelled) * Golden Princess 12/12 Hawaii *Sapphire Princess 10/12 California Coastal * Caribbean Princess 7/12 Scandinavia * Caribbean Princess 4/12 EB Transatlantic Crossing * HAL Amsterdam 9/11 Puget Sound * Star Princess 7/11 Mediterraean * Island Princess 5/11 SFO/YVR * Emerald Princess 12/10 Aruba * Coral Princess 9/10 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/10 Alaska * Celebrity Mercury 10/9 Puget Sound * Star Princess 9/09 Alaska * Golden Princess 9/09 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/09 Alaska * Star Princess 5/09 Coastal * Sapphire Princess 12/08 Mexico * Golden Princess 9/08, Repo * HAL Volendam 9/08, Repo * NCL Star 9/08 Repo * QM2 7/08, New England * Island Princess 5/08 Coastal * Coral Princess 5/08 * Diamond Princess 9/07 * Island Princess 5/07 * Golden Princess 5/07 * HAL Veendam 9/06, Repo * Dawn Princess 9/06 Coastal * Dawn Princess 5/06 Repo * Sapphire Princess 9/05 PacificCoastal * Island Princess 8/05 YVR/ANC

Old January 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hello all! I have been busy with the holidays, sick family and trying to cram a years worth of home chores into the month and a half that we are home. Sorry, but chatting with you guys got pushed aside. Ive been better at posting on FB than on here. I've missed you all!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone again!

Upcoming...
06/14 Carnival Conquest - 7d Eastern Caribbean
01/16 Carnival Triumph - 21d Southern Caribbean

116 days at sea on....
12/06 RC Navigator of the Seas - 7d Eastern Caribbean
01/08 HAL Ryndam - 30d Hawaii/South Pacific
03/08 Carnival Spirit - 7d Mexican Riviera
06/08 Princess Sapphire - 10d Alaska
01/09 Celebrity Galaxy - 10d Southern Caribbbean
10/11 HAL Maasdam - 45d Atlantic Adventurer (RT FLL to Europe)
05/14 Carnival Legend - 7d Western Caribbean

Old January 13th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Smile

Punki, I am starting to feel a little better. Then we got about 10 inches of snow last night. Just cold and windy today. I am sorry to hear of your friends passing.

Tina, welcome back, how was your holiday?

Kathy

Old January 24th, 2012, 11:08 PM
5,000+ Club

Smooth just one question for you Why? We had been on the thread a long time together, you had a lot of friends here that would have supported you with what ever you wer going through.

I hope Danny and you can mend your relationship it sounds like it's going well now. At least you have him home!

Old March 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

Just stumbled onto this forum. Love it! Well ladies I booked my next cruise 13 months out. Waited until 6months out to diet and exercise. Since January I have been eating around 1200 calories per day and burning around 1500 calories per week exercising and I am only down 10 lbs. had to get into a swimsuit last week-end and saw a reflection of my body in the glass and almost got sick. My cruise is less than two month away and I won't give up but menopause sucks!! Anyone have a miracle weight loss idea?

06/02/1989 Royal Caribbean Song of Norway
09/15/2001 Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Sea
05/25/2002 Disney Wonder
07/12/2005 Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Sea
05/30/2007 Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Sea
11/09/2008 Carnival Sensation
06/06/2009 Carnival Liberty
06/14/2010 Carnival Destiny
03/12/2011 Celebrity Eclipse
07/30/2011 Carnival Dream
05/27/2012 Royal Caribbean Allure of Sea
10/12-2013 Caribbean Princess/ New England

Old March 30th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Just stumbled onto this forum. Love it! Well ladies I booked my next cruise 13 months out. Waited until 6months out to diet and exercise. Since January I have been eating around 1200 calories per day and burning around 1500 calories per week exercising and I am only down 10 lbs. had to get into a swimsuit last week-end and saw a reflection of my body in the glass and almost got sick. My cruise is less than two month away and I won't give up but menopause sucks!! Anyone have a miracle weight loss idea?

06/02/1989 Royal Caribbean Song of Norway
09/15/2001 Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Sea
05/25/2002 Disney Wonder
07/12/2005 Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Sea
05/30/2007 Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Sea
11/09/2008 Carnival Sensation
06/06/2009 Carnival Liberty
06/14/2010 Carnival Destiny
03/12/2011 Celebrity Eclipse
07/30/2011 Carnival Dream
05/27/2012 Royal Caribbean Allure of Sea
10/12-2013 Caribbean Princess/ New England