Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Ask a Cruise Question

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Ask a Cruise Question Post your general cruise questions here.

Old January 27th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Royal Carribean, Oasis - Aqua Theater Suite - Deck 10

I have reservations for the Deck 10, Aqua Theater Suite on RCC's Oasis. I'm very excited but, as I learn more about the ship, I'm growing very concerned about the possible noise level in this cabin but, especially on the balcony which overlooks the Aqua Theater, Boardwalk and Climbing Wall. Is there anyone who has stayed in one of these suites that can give me an honest evaluation as to what we can expect? One of the reasons we always book a suite, is to have the seclusion of a spacious, private deck. I know they will have at least a couple of shows each day, but is it quiet and peaceful the rest of the time?

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 28th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiOnTheSea View Post
I have reservations for the Deck 10, Aqua Theater Suite on RCC's Oasis. I'm very excited but, as I learn more about the ship, I'm growing very concerned about the possible noise level in this cabin but, especially on the balcony which overlooks the Aqua Theater, Boardwalk and Climbing Wall. Is there anyone who has stayed in one of these suites that can give me an honest evaluation as to what we can expect? One of the reasons we always book a suite, is to have the seclusion of a spacious, private deck. I know they will have at least a couple of shows each day, but is it quiet and peaceful the rest of the time?
The noise in that area is horrible from 8:30 AM until 11:30 PM every day. The only time you get a break is if there is heavy rain and outdoor entertainment is cancelled. Don't even think about taking a nap in the middle of the day. Other than that, it is a very nice cabin.

RCCL D+

Old January 28th, 2012, 08:02 AM
10,000+ Club

You will get a lot more info and answers if you ask this on the RCCL board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Old January 29th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

That's exactly what I was afraid of! RCC is giving us the option to switch cabins. Think that's what we'll do. Thank you!

Old January 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for the posting tip. I'm new to the site, so that's a big help.

Old January 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUN33 View Post
The noise in that area is horrible from 8:30 AM until 11:30 PM every day. The only time you get a break is if there is heavy rain and outdoor entertainment is cancelled. Don't even think about taking a nap in the middle of the day. Other than that, it is a very nice cabin.
I was in 10329 in October. This is the cabin directly beside/across from the aqua suite facing the Boardwalk and the Aqua Theater. When our cabin door was closed, noise was no issue at all. We loved this cabin and found the only issue with it was the looooong walk down the hallway to reach it!

Allure of the Seas - December 6th. 2015 * Freedom of the Seas - September 6th. 2015
Enchantment of the Seas - February 6th. 2015 - Fun with Great-Grandma again!!
Oasis of the Seas - November 29th. 2014 * Enchantment of the Seas - September 22nd. 2014 *
Freedom of the Seas - June 1st. 2014 * Enchantment of the Seas - February 2014 - Fun with Grandma again!
Freedom of the Seas - January 2014 * Oasis of the Seas - December 2013
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013 - Now we are Diamond! * Enchantment of the Seas - September 2013 - Girls Cruise!
Enchantment of the Seas - August 2013 * Enchantment of the Seas - May 2013
Freedom of the Seas - January 2013 - Fun with Grandma! * Allure of the Seas - November 2012
Freedom of the Seas - September 2012 * Allure of the Seas - April 2012
Monarch of the Seas - February 2012 - Fun with Grandma! * Liberty of the Seas - December 2011
Oasis of the Seas - October 2011 * Monarch of the Seas - May 2011
Freedom of the Seas - February 2011 * Monarch of the Seas - April 2010