Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > The M.O.B. (Maniacs On Board)

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old November 29th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking

Hi Maniacs!
Just stopping in to say I am thinking about you! I wish everyone very Happy Holidays and a Blessed Christmas and New Year. I wish all your seas to be calm, skys to be clear and breeze to be warm and gentle.
Robin
Roger Devigne

Completed Cruise
Regal Princess-1 Island Princess x 3
Golden Princess x 3 Crown Princess-1
Diamond Princess-1
Sapphire Princess X 3 -Star Princess-1
Carnival Jubilee -1st cruise 1995 I was hooked
Carnival Holiday X 3-Carnival Triumph-Carnival Elation
Carnival Exctasy x 2-Carnival Conquest-Carnival Paradise X 2-Carnival Spirit-Carnival Splendor
Carnival Miracle X 2-Carnival Inspiration
Royal Caribbean Song of America - Royal Caribbean Viking Serenade-Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas
Royal Caribbean Radiance

Old November 30th, 2011, 01:38 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallcruiser View Post
Hi Maniacs!
Just stopping in to say I am thinking about you! I wish everyone very Happy Holidays and a Blessed Christmas and New Year. I wish all your seas to be calm, skys to be clear and breeze to be warm and gentle.
Robin
Robin I see you are doing a 28 day cruise. Wow, I would love to do one of them.

My trips.
Disneyland 2001, 2006, 2010
Disney World 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008
Universal Studios Hollywood 2001
Universal Studios Orl. 2003, 2005
Knotts Berry Farm 2001
Sea World Orl. 2003
Vegas Sep. 2010, Nov. 2011, Aug. 2012, May 2014
Mount Rushmore June 2003(Drove through Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Alberta)

IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE
Click to see what ship to where.

Cruise Countdown Tickers Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old November 30th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking

Hi Tracy,
I bet it is getting chilly at your house! We have had early snow in our California mountains and the ski resorts were open before Thanksgiving.
Early this week down here closer to the coast we actually enjoyed sunny skys in 80's. My late planting of tomatoes are loving it. ( I have am a frustrated gardener and have a balcony potted garden )
Yes, I am going for it and booked the South Pacific for 2013. I would love to cruise with the Maniacs in 2013 but the South Pacific cruise is not offered often and I have never been to Bora Bora, Somoa and all the other exotic Islands. I have enjoyed Hawaiian by land and by sea many many times but the south pacific will be a FIRST. Oh yes and it means NO FLYING!!! It is R/T out of LA. Only a short drive to the pier and I won't need a Sherpas! I am sailing solo and hope to find fun with the CCers on board. I don't know if they will be as fun as the Maniacs, that's a hard act to follow. Hopefully I will be Elite on Princess by then and will have free INTERNET, laundry and all the perks.
I have my eye on the great Maniacs. What fun you all are. I hope to cruise with you again and again.
I will be in Vancouver in September for a night. So I will be waving to all my West coast Canadian Maniacs!
Merry Christmas!
Robin
Roger Devigne

Completed Cruise
Diamond Princess-1
Carnival Exctasy x 2-Carnival Conquest-Carnival Paradise X 2-Carnival Spirit-Carnival Splendor
Royal Caribbean Song of America - Royal Caribbean Viking Serenade-Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas
Royal Caribbean Radiance

Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:40 PM
10,000+ Club

Dennis and I just booked an 8 day cruise on the Miracle from New York for Oct 21, 2012.

Anyone not doing the NCL cruise or the Spirit to Australia cruise want to join us?? We would love to have some Maniac friends sailing with us.

All old ports for us but just decided to do it anyway. Ports are St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk.

We actually booked one of the "do not book these suites" suite...4226. Large room but small/regular sized balcony that supposedly has very little privacy. Has a stairway going down along side the cabin. I just want to try it out. It's a JR suite.

Just wish it was a ship we haven't been on yet or at least ports we haven't been to yet but hey, any cruise is a good one.

Wondering if I will really be able to wait till Aug 2012 for our next cruise (Princess to Alaska). Should we take bets to see if I can wait that long?? LOL

Cunard, 70s; RCCL: 70s, 80s, 1995 Song of America-Bermuda, 2005 Adventure of the Seas Southern and Eastern Caribbean, 2008 Explorer of the Seas Motorcycle cruise-Bermuda and Caribbean, 2010 Rhapsody of the Seas- Sydney Australia to French Polynesia to Hawaii, 2013 Grandeur of the Seas-cruise to nowhere; HAL: 2004 Zandam-Caribbean; Princess: Caribbean Princess 2004 Eastern Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2008 Canada; Norwegian: 2014 Breakaway to Bermuda, 2014 Gem Florida and Nassau, Bahamas; MSC: 2014 MSC Divina - Western Caribbean; Carnival: 2006 Miracle Exotic Western Caribbean, 2007 Spirit Hawaii, 2009 Pride-Panama Canal and Inspiration -Cozumel, 2010 Destiny-Grand Cayman and Jamaica, 2011 Miracle B2B - Exotic Southern Caribbean, Glory--Canada, Glory--Cruise to Nowhere, Ecstasy--Bahamas/Half Moon Cay, 2012 Liberty--2.0 upgrades Western Caribbean, Glory-- Canada, Miracle--Bahamas and Port Canaveral, 2013 Carnival Freedom--Western Caribbean and Key West, Carnival Breeze--Eastern and Southern Caribbean, Carnival Sunshine Transatlantic Barcelona to New Orleans, Carnival Splendor--Pt Canaveral and Bahamas, 2014 Carnival Pride--Pt. Canaveral and Bahamas, Carnival Legend--Western Caribbean, Carnival Freedom B2B with 2.0 upgrades--Western Caribbean and Key West, and part 2 Eastern Caribbean.

Old December 21st, 2011, 09:01 AM
5,000+ Club

Lynn have you taken your graduation cruise yet? I have my eye on two and hoping that one of them will be offered. Just wish Bill could take more time off his house building. They had a nice one in Nov. 28 days. But Bill has so many houses linedup he just could not take that much time off. Now I am wishing I would have went by myself.

My trips.
Disneyland 2001, 2006, 2010
Disney World 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008
Universal Studios Hollywood 2001
Universal Studios Orl. 2003, 2005
Knotts Berry Farm 2001
Sea World Orl. 2003
Vegas Sep. 2010, Nov. 2011, Aug. 2012, May 2014
Mount Rushmore June 2003(Drove through Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Alberta)

IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE
Click to see what ship to where.

Cruise Countdown Tickers Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old December 21st, 2011, 12:54 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallcruiser View Post
Hi Tracy,
I bet it is getting chilly at your house! We have had early snow in our California mountains and the ski resorts were open before Thanksgiving.
Early this week down here closer to the coast we actually enjoyed sunny skys in 80's. My late planting of tomatoes are loving it. ( I have am a frustrated gardener and have a balcony potted garden )
Yes, I am going for it and booked the South Pacific for 2013. I would love to cruise with the Maniacs in 2013 but the South Pacific cruise is not offered often and I have never been to Bora Bora, Somoa and all the other exotic Islands. I have enjoyed Hawaiian by land and by sea many many times but the south pacific will be a FIRST. Oh yes and it means NO FLYING!!! It is R/T out of LA. Only a short drive to the pier and I won't need a Sherpas! I am sailing solo and hope to find fun with the CCers on board. I don't know if they will be as fun as the Maniacs, that's a hard act to follow. Hopefully I will be Elite on Princess by then and will have free INTERNET, laundry and all the perks.
I have my eye on the great Maniacs. What fun you all are. I hope to cruise with you again and again.
I will be in Vancouver in September for a night. So I will be waving to all my West coast Canadian Maniacs!
Merry Christmas!
Robin

Gee, it was good to cruise with you Robin and hopefully...someday...we will repeat the process. Your cruise sounds wonderful, much like ours to Sydney only we will have the flight, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnew1gd1 View Post
Dennis and I just booked an 8 day cruise on the Miracle from New York for Oct 21, 2012.

Anyone not doing the NCL cruise or the Spirit to Australia cruise want to join us?? We would love to have some Maniac friends sailing with us.

All old ports for us but just decided to do it anyway. Ports are St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk.

We actually booked one of the "do not book these suites" suite...4226. Large room but small/regular sized balcony that supposedly has very little privacy. Has a stairway going down along side the cabin. I just want to try it out. It's a JR suite.

Just wish it was a ship we haven't been on yet or at least ports we haven't been to yet but hey, any cruise is a good one.

Wondering if I will really be able to wait till Aug 2012 for our next cruise (Princess to Alaska). Should we take bets to see if I can wait that long?? LOL

Good for you Lynn. You think August of 2012 is a long time?? It will be nearly a year without cruising when we board the Spirit on 9/30/12! Hopefully, you will a few Maniacs that will join you.

5/03 Spirit Alaska...12/04 Miracle Western Caribbean...9/06 Victory NE & Canada...1/07 Paradise Baja...4/07 Spirit Hawaii...5/07 Spirit Alaska...11/07 Valor Western Caribbean...12/07 Paradise Baja, CA...1/08 Spirit Mexican Riviera...3/09 Pride Panama Canal...5/09 Splendor Pacific Northwest...9/09 Spirit Hawaii...1/10 Splendor Mexican Riviera...4/10 NCL Spirit NOLA to Boston...4/10 Carnival Elation Panama Canal...6/10 Carnival Spirit Alaska...10/10 NCL Spirit Boston to New Orleans... 1/11 Carnival Miracle So. Caribbean...2/11 Carnival Miracle So. Caribbean...4/11 Carnival Spirit Hawaii...10/11 Carnival Magic Mediterranean...10/11 Carnival Magic Transatlantic...4/12 Carnival Spirit...Northwest...9/12 Carnival Spirit...Transpacific to Sydney...10/12 Dawn Princess...New Zealand 3/13 Carnival Breeze...B2B Eastern Caribbean, 9/13 Carnival Legend...B2B Northern Europe and British Isles, 1/6/14 Carnival Imagination Caribbean, 1/10/14 Carnival Imagination...Panama Canal,
Future Cruises

8/30/14 Carnival Legend Los Angeles to Sydney
11/28/14 Carnival Liberty Caribbean with good friends.
10/24 & 11/4/15 B2B Carnival Triumph Roundtrip Galveston

Words To Live By:

Make Memories, Not Regrets.
Convenience and Safety Trump Cost.
Do Life, Love, Travel.
Laissez les Bon temps rouler

Old December 21st, 2011, 03:08 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyvansmith View Post
Lynn have you taken your graduation cruise yet? I have my eye on two and hoping that one of them will be offered. Just wish Bill could take more time off his house building. They had a nice one in Nov. 28 days. But Bill has so many houses linedup he just could not take that much time off. Now I am wishing I would have went by myself.
No, not yet. I saw a 28 day, Venice to Rio this month that I would have loved to do but can't take the time off., I am saving my cruise till I can do a long one. Don't want to waste it on a 7 day.

Problem is, I can't remember when I graduated..if it was this year or last year. Need to do the 8 refresher courses ASAP if it was last year. Can't find my graduation date anywhere! EKKKK!

Cunard, 70s; RCCL: 70s, 80s, 1995 Song of America-Bermuda, 2005 Adventure of the Seas Southern and Eastern Caribbean, 2008 Explorer of the Seas Motorcycle cruise-Bermuda and Caribbean, 2010 Rhapsody of the Seas- Sydney Australia to French Polynesia to Hawaii, 2013 Grandeur of the Seas-cruise to nowhere; HAL: 2004 Zandam-Caribbean; Princess: Caribbean Princess 2004 Eastern Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2008 Canada; Norwegian: 2014 Breakaway to Bermuda, 2014 Gem Florida and Nassau, Bahamas; MSC: 2014 MSC Divina - Western Caribbean; Carnival: 2006 Miracle Exotic Western Caribbean, 2007 Spirit Hawaii, 2009 Pride-Panama Canal and Inspiration -Cozumel, 2010 Destiny-Grand Cayman and Jamaica, 2011 Miracle B2B - Exotic Southern Caribbean, Glory--Canada, Glory--Cruise to Nowhere, Ecstasy--Bahamas/Half Moon Cay, 2012 Liberty--2.0 upgrades Western Caribbean, Glory-- Canada, Miracle--Bahamas and Port Canaveral, 2013 Carnival Freedom--Western Caribbean and Key West, Carnival Breeze--Eastern and Southern Caribbean, Carnival Sunshine Transatlantic Barcelona to New Orleans, Carnival Splendor--Pt Canaveral and Bahamas, 2014 Carnival Pride--Pt. Canaveral and Bahamas, Carnival Legend--Western Caribbean, Carnival Freedom B2B with 2.0 upgrades--Western Caribbean and Key West, and part 2 Eastern Caribbean.

Old December 21st, 2011, 03:09 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cruz44 View Post

Good for you Lynn. You think August of 2012 is a long time?? It will be nearly a year without cruising when we board the Spirit on 9/30/12! Hopefully, you will a few Maniacs that will join you.
Yep, it's a long time. I am sure we won't make it that long. Damn work gets in the way of all my fun though.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:50 AM
5,000+ Club

Taking my grandkids to see "Chipwrecked" today. Tomorrow, I'm cooking the turkey and wrapping presents. Just my Dad, my brother Steve and myself for dinner on Christmas day, but we're going out to my daughter and son-in-law's place on Christmas morning, so I'll get to see everyone that day.

I want to wish all of my wonderful past, present and future Maniac family of friends a very Merry Christmas and a Happy (and cruise-filled) 2012.

"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; To gain all while you give; To roam the roads of lands remote; To travel is to live." - Hans Christian Andersen

P&O - 2 cruises
Princess - 2 cruises
RCCL - 1 cruise
HAL - 1 cruise
NCL - 2 cruises
Carnival - 12 cruises

Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:54 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckysll View Post
Taking my grandkids to see "Chipwrecked" today. Tomorrow, I'm cooking the turkey and wrapping presents. Just my Dad, my brother Steve and myself for dinner on Christmas day, but we're going out to my daughter and son-in-law's place on Christmas morning, so I'll get to see everyone that day.

I want to wish all of my wonderful past, present and future Maniac family of friends a very Merry Christmas and a Happy (and cruise-filled) 2012.

It was a cute movie Sandy...featured the Carnival Dream. I enjoyed that since I just finished a cruise on her!

Happy holidays to you and to your family!

"Life is too short. So, love the people who treat you right. Forget the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason!"

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." (Albert Einstein)

Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Carnival Miracle - 01/11 B2B 02/11
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 5/16
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09
Carnival Miracle - 9/07
Carnival Spirit - 10/06
Norwegian Wind - 3/05
Norwegian Sun - 2/04
Norwegian Sky - 2/03
Norwegian Dream
Norwegian Leeward
Splendor of the Seas
Zenith
Olympia
Homeric
Atlantic
Doric
Franconia

Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking

I wish all the Maniacs a Very Merry Christmas!!!!
a Blessed and safe New Year filled with more cruises!
Robin
Roger Devigne

Completed Cruise
Diamond Princess-1
Royal Caribbean Radiance

Old December 24th, 2011, 09:23 AM
5,000+ Club

"Life is too short. So, love the people who treat you right. Forget the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason!"

Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09
Carnival Miracle - 9/07
Carnival Spirit - 10/06
Norwegian Wind - 3/05
Norwegian Sun - 2/04
Norwegian Sky - 2/03
Norwegian Dream
Norwegian Leeward
Splendor of the Seas
Zenith
Olympia
Homeric
Atlantic
Doric
Franconia

Old December 26th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

No cute pictures, just a Very, Merry Christmas from the Littles. Enjoy your holidays with your families, friends and loved ones.

RCI Sovereign of the Sea, October 24-27, 2008

Carnival Legend, February 7-14, 2010
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...5826&highlight=

Review of Crusing with the Miracle Maniacs, Carnival Miracle
January 30 -February 7, 2011
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1371837

Review of Our Cruise on the Carnival Valor,
Jan.15-Jan.21, 2012
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1558535

Review:Maniac Reunion Cruise on the Carnival Breeze
March 2- March 10, 2013
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1809932

Old January 10th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Can you go one one one chat on this I am ver sorry very new to this site

Old January 10th, 2012, 10:44 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterdog View Post
Can you go one one one chat on this I am ver sorry very new to this site
No apology necessary Chester as we were all new at one point. It would help though if we knew what you mean by "one on one"? This site was set up after a cruise with a very busy roll call so we could keep on chatting after the cruise.

5/03 Spirit Alaska...12/04 Miracle Western Caribbean...9/06 Victory NE & Canada...1/07 Paradise Baja...4/07 Spirit Hawaii...5/07 Spirit Alaska...11/07 Valor Western Caribbean...12/07 Paradise Baja, CA...1/08 Spirit Mexican Riviera...3/09 Pride Panama Canal...5/09 Splendor Pacific Northwest...9/09 Spirit Hawaii...1/10 Splendor Mexican Riviera...4/10 NCL Spirit NOLA to Boston...4/10 Carnival Elation Panama Canal...6/10 Carnival Spirit Alaska...10/10 NCL Spirit Boston to New Orleans... 1/11 Carnival Miracle So. Caribbean...2/11 Carnival Miracle So. Caribbean...4/11 Carnival Spirit Hawaii...10/11 Carnival Magic Mediterranean...10/11 Carnival Magic Transatlantic...4/12 Carnival Spirit...Northwest...9/12 Carnival Spirit...Transpacific to Sydney...10/12 Dawn Princess...New Zealand 3/13 Carnival Breeze...B2B Eastern Caribbean, 9/13 Carnival Legend...B2B Northern Europe and British Isles, 1/6/14 Carnival Imagination Caribbean, 1/10/14 Carnival Imagination...Panama Canal,
Future Cruises

8/30/14 Carnival Legend Los Angeles to Sydney
11/28/14 Carnival Liberty Caribbean with good friends.
10/24 & 11/4/15 B2B Carnival Triumph Roundtrip Galveston

Words To Live By:

Make Memories, Not Regrets.
Convenience and Safety Trump Cost.
Do Life, Love, Travel.
Laissez les Bon temps rouler

Old February 9th, 2012, 08:08 AM
10,000+ Club

The Splendor and the Miracle's repositioning cruise itineraries are available for booking. February and March 2013

Now, have to decide what to do. Stick with our cruise on the Breeze March 2013 or "jump ship" for one or all of the the Splendor South America segments. Really have to do some hard thinking over the next couple of days. I want to be on the Breeze but I also want to do South America since we couldn't do it the first time around the Horn.

Carnival Miracle will be doing the Panama Canal cruise from New York to the West Coast March 16, 2013. Hate to lose the Miracle here on the East Coast....We are sailing on her again in October---glad about that since she is leaving us.

We also are considering doing the Canal again in the opposite direction and this would be perfect..only one flight home!

What to do, what to do.

Crap, why do all the good itins come out at the same time.

Old February 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnew1gd1 View Post
The Splendor and the Miracle's repositioning cruise itineraries are available for booking. February and March 2013

Now, have to decide what to do. Stick with our cruise on the Breeze March 2013 or "jump ship" for one or all of the the Splendor South America segments. Really have to do some hard thinking over the next couple of days. I want to be on the Breeze but I also want to do South America since we couldn't do it the first time around the Horn.

Carnival Miracle will be doing the Panama Canal cruise from New York to the West Coast March 16, 2013. Hate to lose the Miracle here on the East Coast....We are sailing on her again in October---glad about that since she is leaving us.

We also are considering doing the Canal again in the opposite direction and this would be perfect..only one flight home!

What to do, what to do.

Crap, why do all the good itins come out at the same time.
I saw that Tracy is thinking about jumping ship to do the Miracle cruise as well. Would still be 2 flights for us though. I'm better off with the Breeze...can drive....

Carnival Legend - 11/14
Carnival Dream - 1/14
Carnival Breeze - 3/13
MSC Poesia - 12/12
Carnival Dream - 9/12
Carnival Dream - 11/11
Ruby Princess - 9/11
Norwegian Spirit - 04/10
Carnival Pride - 04/09
Carnival Miracle - 9/07
Carnival Spirit - 10/06
Norwegian Wind - 3/05
Norwegian Sun - 2/04
Norwegian Sky - 2/03
Norwegian Dream
Norwegian Leeward
Splendor of the Seas
Zenith
Olympia
Homeric
Atlantic
Doric
Franconia

Old April 28th, 2012, 09:55 AM
10,000+ Club

Hi Maniac friends....Dennis and I are going to take a shortie cruise on June 14...4 day on the Carnival Glory out of Boston.....to one port...St John, Canada. Same itin we have done before out of New York.

Kitty and Mike, Joan and Bill, Tyna and Bill. You guys are all close enough to make it. Great long weekend getaway.
Sure there are others here that could do time in the area and top it off with a shortie cruise.

Tyna, don't need much luggage so you guys can combine a bike trip to Boston with a long weekend cruise. I am thinking of it. Depends on the weather forecast.

Why don't some of you come and join us??

I would love to see you guys again.

Come on..please?? Boston Black Falcon cruise port and doing the sights and sounds of Downtown Boston. We have been there, done that but love it and can't wait to do it again!

Hope some of you can make it.

Old April 28th, 2012, 10:18 AM
20,000+ Club

Wow, I haven't see this thread for a couple of months. Is everyone on a long cruise?

Old April 28th, 2012, 11:36 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuizer2 View Post
Wow, I haven't see this thread for a couple of months. Is everyone on a long cruise?

Hi Cruizer2 ! Busy on current roll calls I guess.