Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Cunard Line
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Cunard Line
Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Cunard Cruise Deals.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:20 AM
facultative facultative is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 12
Default QM2 Sydney Departure - postponed

Anyone know why the QM2 postponed departure today to midnight ?
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Salacia Salacia is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by facultative View Post
Anyone know why the QM2 postponed departure today to midnight ?
Was departure delayed? According to the official port schedule, the departure time has been set at 23:59hrs for at least the past 25 hours since I first looked at the schedule as mentioned on the circumnavigation of australia thread started by Jenno. See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1546705 post #51
I don't have Cunard's schedule, so I have no idea if there is any deviation there, but perhaps others with more information will comment on that.

Last edited by Salacia; February 14th, 2012 at 03:43 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:57 AM
facultative facultative is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 12
Default You may be right...

You may be right, I was told it was leaving at 5.15pm today by a passenger embarking in Sydney....but I think he may have his embarkation time confused with departure time.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:16 AM
jenno10388 jenno10388 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 400
Default

I'm pretty sure it was midnight..
__________________






Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:17 AM
facultative facultative is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 12
Default Port authority have updated departure

Update - Ports Authority had it slated originally for departure at 1800 hrs and it has since been changed. This can be confirmed form their webs site.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Salacia Salacia is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 6,735
Default

The itinerary has recently changed as shown on http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Ma...ridge-Web-Cam/

Sydney showed as one day, now shows as two (or parts thereof).

Port stop at Brisbane is no longer showing.

It appears that Brisbane has been elimated and a day added at Sydney - at least that is my observation, and it might well be incorrect.

YIKES! I just double checked, and Sydney is back to one day and Brisbane port stop is back also! Ok, that's enough for me...I'll log on later and see where things stand.

Last edited by Salacia; February 14th, 2012 at 04:31 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Salacia Salacia is online now
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by facultative View Post
Update - Ports Authority had it slated originally for departure at 1800 hrs and it has since been changed. This can be confirmed form their webs site.
http://shipschedule.sydneyports.com..../movements.aspThis is the Sydney Port website I've been looking at , and it is still showing 23:59 departure
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old February 14th, 2012, 05:31 AM
facultative facultative is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 12
Default Yes confusing

yes ...I am also getting confusing information from a passenger and also from various sites, like you said lets see what the final answer is after once hours have passed....

------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salacia View Post
The itinerary has recently changed as shown on http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Ma...ridge-Web-Cam/

Sydney showed as one day, now shows as two (or parts thereof).

Port stop at Brisbane is no longer showing.

It appears that Brisbane has been elimated and a day added at Sydney - at least that is my observation, and it might well be incorrect.

YIKES! I just double checked, and Sydney is back to one day and Brisbane port stop is back also! Ok, that's enough for me...I'll log on later and see where things stand.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Whitemarsh's Avatar
Whitemarsh Whitemarsh is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,594
Default

Well it's 12:04 am and the ship hasn't left yet. I suppose you could call that a delay if you really wanted to. The ship is shuddering as though she's about to do something; almost as if she's yawning after waking up after a long sleep. It's now 12:15 am and no movement. I'd love to stay up for leaving Sydney but its too late.
__________________
Queen Mary 2 - Westbound Trans-Atlantic - Sailed on October 1st, 2010
Pacific Dawn - White Cloud Wonders - Sailed on November 19th, 2011
Queen Mary 2 - Royal Circumnavigation of Australia - Sailed on February 14th 2012
Queen Mary 2 - Singapore to Brisbane - Sailed on February 9th 2013
Queen Elizabeth - New York to Sydney - Sailed on January 10th 2014

Last edited by Whitemarsh; February 14th, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Cruachan's Avatar
Cruachan Cruachan is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Old York
Posts: 5,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemarsh View Post
Well it's 12:04 am and the ship hasn't left yet. I suppose you could call that a delay if you really wanted to. The ship is shuddering as though she's about to do something; almost as if she's yawning after waking up after a long sleep. It's now 12:15 am and no movement. I'd love to stay up for leaving Sydney but its too late.
Webcam's still showing you firmly alongside - and there's still at least a bow-spring on.

J
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Cruachan's Avatar
Cruachan Cruachan is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Old York
Posts: 5,399
Default

Hmmmmm...

... looks like all the working lights on the bow have gone out - has there been another power failure?

J
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:46 AM
cruiservictor cruiservictor is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ossining, NY USA
Posts: 150
Default

She's on her way now, 9:45AM Tuesday US East coast time, 1:45AM Wed in Sydney.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Cruachan's Avatar
Cruachan Cruachan is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Old York
Posts: 5,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiservictor View Post
She's on her way now, 9:45AM Tuesday US East coast time, 1:45AM Wed in Sydney.
You just beat me to the draw there by a minute or two. Just noticed that she's moved off the quay and she's on her way.



J
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old February 14th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Pushka's Avatar
Pushka Pushka is online now
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South Australia
Posts: 4,205
Default

Interesting. She was over an hour late leaving Adelaide and and 2 hours late leaving Sydney. As far as I knew she was always going to leave at midnight from Sydney and still make the Brisbane stop.

One of the passengers who boarded in Fremantle said that it seemed like she was almost stationary at times across the Bight. So I guess there is a lot of fat built into the schedule. And no, that wasn't during the power failure.
__________________

1982. P&O Oriana. Put me off cruising for 30 years
2012. Cunard Queen Mary 2. Now a happy cruiser.
2012. RCL Liberty of the Seas. Med Cruise. A very happy cruiser.
2013. Princess Dawn November 15th - 4 nighter
2014. Cunard Queen Mary 2 Adelaide to Hong Kong 23 nights of Bliss. Wonderful Cruise.
2014. Celebrity Equinox Venice to Istanbul
2015. Alaska. Somewhere, somehow.

Last edited by Pushka; February 14th, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:31 AM
tam58 tam58 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Interesting. She was over an hour late leaving Adelaide and and 2 hours late leaving Sydney. As far as I knew she was always going to leave at midnight from Sydney and still make the Brisbane stop.

One of the passengers who boarded in Fremantle said that it seemed like she was almost stationary at times across the Bight. So I guess there is a lot of fat built into the schedule. And no, that wasn't during the power failure.
She had not finishing refueling.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.