Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Disabled Cruise Travel

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disabled Cruise Travel Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources

Old February 2nd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default handicapped cabin big enough for 3 on allure of the seas (cabin 1270)

Fellow cruisers

Let me start by thanking for all the great advice I recieved to browsing this forum.
I will do my first cruise on August 26th on Allure of the Seas, Western Carribean from Fort Lauderdale as my graduation trip after being done with lawschool.
I managed to booked the handicapped cabin 1270 an oceanview with balcony. I'll travel with my parents. From previous threads I came to the conclusion that I'll need my scooter on this ship, considering the distances. I am a little worried that the cabin will get pretty packed with the three of us and a scooter inside Any experiences on Allure of the seas handicapped cabins (preferrably 1270).
Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to join an excited crowd of cruisers.
Ribi

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 2nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
50,000+ Club

If you mean 12170, then there is a third bed in the cabin...and there should be ample room for 3...the HC's are roomier than a standard cabin.

Old February 2nd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

we had an inside HC room on oasis (same class ship so should be same size) and it was plenty big enough for the scooter , wheelchair and 3 adult sized people . even with the chair pulled out into a bed. your suitcases should fit under the bed. if it feels a little crowded I heard you can ask the Steward to remove the little table. But it should be fine.
11/15/2012 thanksgiving on explorer of the seas
01/03/2014 Granduer of the seas
01/31/2014 granduer of the seas

Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:46 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Was on the Allure in a HC inside cabin . Both my roommate and I use either an electric wheelchair and or mobility scooter. 2 other friends were in a HC balcony and use mobility scooters. At times we visited each other and never had an issue with all our wheels. So Op will have no problem with 2 able body people and a 3rd with a scooter in an HC cabin.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for all this quick info. I am glad it's enough space. Looking forward to my first cruise experience.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribi View Post
Fellow cruisers

Let me start by thanking for all the great advice I recieved to browsing this forum.
I will do my first cruise on August 26th on Allure of the Seas, Western Carribean from Fort Lauderdale as my graduation trip after being done with lawschool.
I managed to booked the handicapped cabin 1270 an oceanview with balcony. I'll travel with my parents. From previous threads I came to the conclusion that I'll need my scooter on this ship, considering the distances. I am a little worried that the cabin will get pretty packed with the three of us and a scooter inside Any experiences on Allure of the seas handicapped cabins (preferrably 1270).
Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to join an excited crowd of cruisers.
Ribi
Does the balcony in that cabin overlook the ocean or the boardwalk (inside the ship)?

DVC Member - Saratoga Springs

Old February 4th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

it does overlook the ocean

Old February 18th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thanks and great website on HC-Cabin pics

Thanks for the great advices. This website cleared out the last doubts. *************************************Allure.php probably nothing new for the experienced cruisers out there, but valuable trustworthy (in my eyes) information that does not hide anything.
Safe cruising!