Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old February 21st, 2012, 09:35 AM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneluckywoman View Post
I am a diamond member and have traveled several times with a friend in my cabin who is not diamond...as long as they are traveling in the same stateroom as you, they get to go to the nightly diamond event. They will not, however, get the diamond discount booklet, only the diamond member gets that. You're going to love being diamond!
That is not always the case. What you may have experienced on one ship won't necessarily mean that you will experience the same thing on another ship.

Pinnacle Club

"Successful People Keep Moving On. They Make Mistakes, But They Don't Quit!"
Conrad Hilton

Old February 21st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamon View Post
On those ships mentioned that have a CL, can you get a mixed drink or is it still just wine, champagne, etc. if you are D+? Does anyone know where the CL is on the Jewel of Seas..
Thanks
You can get a basic mixed drink in the CL..just no blender drinks...Jewel CL is Midship Deck 10..the bartender on my Dec. Jewel cruise made a killer Cosmo!

Karen

Old February 21st, 2012, 10:48 AM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamon View Post
On those ships mentioned that have a CL, can you get a mixed drink or is it still just wine, champagne, etc. if you are D+? Does anyone know where the CL is on the Jewel of Seas..
Thanks
Yes, D+ members have access to the CL and can get basic mixed drinks for free from about 5pm to 8:30pm every evening. The CL on Jewel is on deck 10, port side, just forward of the centrum.

EDIT: Sorry for the duplicate message. Browser had not been refreshed so I didn't see the post.

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Last edited by clarea; February 21st, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

Old February 21st, 2012, 10:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Thanks for the replies...I was hoping so.......

Old February 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi, we just became Diamond's and are going on the Voyager next month.

I understand that the Concierge also handed out Ice Show tickets (so you could avoid the long lines).

Is that something we miss out on if we have the Diamond Event versus the Diamond Lounge?

Thanks
Majesty of the Seas 1/11
Independence of the Seas 2/10
Pride of America 5/09
Explorer of the Seas 2/08
Grandeur of the Seas 2/07
Enchantment of the Seas 7/06
Brilliance of the Seas 2/06
Explorer of the Seas 5/04
Majesty of the Seas 9/01

Old February 21st, 2012, 06:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

I've never been on a ship that had an actual Diamond Lounge, but there is not a concierge at the nightly Diamond Events held on other ships. So no one to hand out ice show tickets, tender tickets, etc. And no preference was given to Diamond members who waited in a long line to get ice show tickets early in the cruise.

On the Mariner at Thanksgiving, we were lucky if there was even a server in the lounge where the Diamond Event was held. On at least 2 evenings, there were just a few glasses already filled with wine sitting on a counter. No idea how long they'd been there (or what might have been added to the wine after it was poured) so we walked out, went to another bar & paid full price for our drinks. Oh, it's good to be Diamond!

Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Constantcruiser,

I thought that would be the case on the tickets.

Hoping the drinks are there though, this is replacing our wine package!

Greg
Majesty of the Seas 1/11
Independence of the Seas 2/10
Pride of America 5/09
Explorer of the Seas 2/08
Grandeur of the Seas 2/07
Enchantment of the Seas 7/06
Brilliance of the Seas 2/06
Explorer of the Seas 5/04
Majesty of the Seas 9/01

Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Going on the Explorer as a new Diamond member in November. What type of nightly events will they have since there is no dedicated lounge on the ship? Is it only drinks?

Can my cabinmate (emerald) level come to these events as well?

Do I get to eat breakfast in Portofino's in the mornings and can my cabinmate join me?

MARAPRINCE

Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraprince View Post
Going on the Explorer as a new Diamond member in November. What type of nightly events will they have since there is no dedicated lounge on the ship? Is it only drinks?

Do I get to eat breakfast in Portofino's in the mornings and can my cabinmate join me?

MARAPRINCE
You will be invited to the nightly Diamond event, from about 5pm to 8:30pm. They will have free house wine, free house champagne, free soft drinks, and everything else will be 25% off. The rules are that only Diamond members are allowed in the event.

The Protofino's access for breakfast varies by ship, but my experience has been that this is for suite guests. Your ship may differ, if so you should see an explanation in a letter that will be in your stateroom when you board.

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CummingCruiser View Post
Hi, we just became Diamond's and are going on the Voyager next month.

I understand that the Concierge also handed out Ice Show tickets (so you could avoid the long lines).

Is that something we miss out on if we have the Diamond Event versus the Diamond Lounge?

Thanks
As you see it has been 2yrs since we cruised. In the pass all you had to do was show your seapass card and you didn't need tickets. As I read the new benefit changes it seems that benefit has been moved to D+.

Yes, you miss out on free liquor and beer. Hot and cold apps. Breakfast and all day selection of coffee.

And friendly service. You have the same wait staff and conceige. They get to know you. By the 3rd night they usually have your favorite drink to you before you have to ask.

10/18/14 Explorer of the Seas
4/5/15 Quantum of the Seas

12/12/12 Enchantment of the Seas
9/1/12 - Oasis of the Seas
5/2/10 - Liberty of the Seas
2/6/09 - Monarch of the Seas
2/2/09 - Monarch of the Seas B2B
12/1/08 - Navigator of the Seas
3/21/08 - Sovereign of the Seas
9/9/07 - Adventure of the Seas
8/31/03 - Voyager of the Seas

Last edited by thewebbys; February 22nd, 2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: missing info

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraprince View Post

MARAPRINCE
My suggestion...when you go the the Diamond Event the first night, ask the concierge if your cabin mate can join you. If there aren't too many Diamond members sailing, they might grant you permission. Of course it there are more than usual you might be told no. But, it can't hurt to ask! I wrote to RCCL and asked what the policy was. They confirmed what everyone on cc says - Diamond only - but encouraged us to check when we got on board. Good luck!

Old February 25th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm quite shocked to read that RCI limit the Diamond Lounge/Event to the Diamond member only. I've got Diamond through my Elite status with Celebrity and there has NEVER been a problem taking your cabin companion in with you, and they actively give out lounge passes to them.

I feel that this maybe my last RCI cruise if this really is enforced!!

Old February 25th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmarie View Post
My suggestion...when you go the the Diamond Event the first night, ask the concierge if your cabin mate can join you. If there aren't too many Diamond members sailing, they might grant you permission. Of course it there are more than usual you might be told no. But, it can't hurt to ask! I wrote to RCCL and asked what the policy was. They confirmed what everyone on cc says - Diamond only - but encouraged us to check when we got on board. Good luck!

Neither of us drink alcohol so it is not like we would be going to get free drinks, more to see what it is all about and maybe socialize a bit.

MARAPRINCE

Old February 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM
5,000+ Club

On the ships without a diamond lounge, you get free wine, champagne, and what about beer? I can't remember, and my BIL will be diamond on our next cruise, and he drinks beer. Thanks!

UPCOMING CRUISES
NCL Dawn (Boston repo to NO-14 nights) 11-7-14
Celebrity Solstice (Sydney to NZ 12 nights) 1-27-15
9 nights on land to explore! (Auckland & Sydney)
RC Rhapsody (Australia Queensland 11 nights) 2-17-15
RC Freedom (Eastern 7 nights) 10-4-15
Celebrity Infinity (SA, Buenos Aires to Brazil, Carnival in Rio!!) 1-31-16

PAST CRUISE HISTORY: (36 cruises completed!)
Celebrity Millennium (Western) 2-6-12, Eclipse 1-26-13 (Southern 14 nites) (19 nights sailed)

HAL Ryndam (Hawaii & Tahiti 30 day) 1-4-09, Westerdam (Eastern) 10-29-06 (37 nights sailed)

RCCL -Legend (Southern 2-3-14) Legend (Eastern 1-24-14), Independence (Western 2-10-13), Explorer (Bermuda 10-28-12) Serenade (Southern) 1-28-12 Allure (Western) 10-9-11, Oasis (Western) 10-1-11, Liberty (Western) 2-5-,11, Liberty (Western) 2-7-10, Navigator (Western) 1-30-10,Navigator (Western) 1-25-10, Jewel (Panama) 11-7-08, Enchantment (Western) 9-1-08, Radiance (Hawaii) 5-3-08, Enchantment (Western) 1-26-08 B2B, Enchantment (Western) 1-21-08 B2B, Mariner (Eastern) 9-2-07, Freedom (Western) 9-10-06, Empress (Western) 9-3-05, Navigator (Western) 5-14-05, Jewel (Eastern) 1-29-05, Majesty (Bahamas) 3-1-04, Explorer (Western) 5-10-03, (159) nights sailed

Norwegian - Pearl (Southern) 3-2-07 Dawn (Repo) 11-1-09 NCL Pearl (Western) 10-10-10, Jewel (Western) 10-13-13 (37 nights sailed)

Princess - Grand Princess (Southern) 2-11-12 Caribbean Princess (Eastern) 4-29-06 (14 nights sailed)

Carnival - Sensation (Western) 5-10-04, Holiday (Western) 4-19-04, Destiny (Southern) 4-6-03 (17 nights sailed)

Old February 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by debshomespun View Post
On the ships without a diamond lounge, you get free wine, champagne, and what about beer? I can't remember, and my BIL will be diamond on our next cruise, and he drinks beer. Thanks!
Sorry, but beer is not complimentary at the nightly Diamond Event

Old February 25th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

We were on the Independence of the Sea in October. There was a Diamond Lounge accessible only with a key. They had all kinds of wine, beer, mixed drinks, soda, canapes. They were very strict about letting you walk out with a glass of wine. They stopped me twice. You can have all you want while you are in the lounge. We were able to get Ice Show tickets there without waiting on line another day. It's great to meet other Diamond members. We're going back this October and maybe we will meet people from last cruise. It's great to be a Diamond.

Nordic Empress (2)
Monach of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Dawn Princess
Celebrity Mercury
Radiance of the Seas (2)
Brilliance of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Celebrity Solstice