Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old February 29th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Question ChoiceAir is it available for UK customers?

Hi
Does anybody know if ChoiceAir is available for UK clients to book through/use or is it only for US/Canadian passengers?
Thanks
Jo

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:03 AM
5,000+ Club

Sorry, not available to UK residents. However, you can book flights through Celebrity, if you choose.

Sue

2014 [November] Eclipse - Broadway and Beaches Transatlantic
2015 [April] Millennium - Transpacific Shanghai to Vancouver
2016 [January] - Eclipse Exotic Southern Caribbean
Past
2013 [November] Constellation - Westbound Transatlantic, [December] Constellation - Western Caribbean B2B
2012 [December] Eclipse - Southern Caribbean
2011 [February] Quest - Southeast Asia, [December] Infinity - Canal & South America
2010 [November] Constellation - Transatlantic
2009 [April] Azamara Quest - Singapore to Athens, [November] Infinity - Panama Canal
2008 [August] Norwegian Sun - Alaska
2007 [November] Millennium - Transatlantic
2006 [June] Constellation - Baltic

Old February 29th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_gal View Post
Sorry, not available to UK residents. However, you can book flights through Celebrity, if you choose.

Sue
Thanks Sue, I thought that this was the case just wanted confirmation that I was right.
Cheers
Jo

Old February 29th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default choice air

We have booked with Choice Air and we are from England. We are flying from Heathrow to Barcelona and taking the transfers.

Try you travel agent, or like me telephone Choice Air direct. We could not take advantage of the free flights to Europe as we had already booked and the offer was for new bookings only. They did us a reasonable price.

Old March 1st, 2012, 01:09 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishgal View Post
We have booked with Choice Air and we are from England. We are flying from Heathrow to Barcelona and taking the transfers.

Try you travel agent, or like me telephone Choice Air direct. We could not take advantage of the free flights to Europe as we had already booked and the offer was for new bookings only. They did us a reasonable price.
Are you sure it was Celebrity's "Choice Air"? It is a US web-based service and not normally booked through TAs or telephone. You have to have a Celebrity booking reference to book through Choice Air and, in the past, it would not allow bookings from anyone who was not resident in the US or Cananda.

Sue

Past
2013 [November] Constellation - Westbound Transatlantic, [December] Constellation - Western Caribbean B2B
2011 [February] Quest - Southeast Asia, [December] Infinity - Canal & South America
2009 [April] Azamara Quest - Singapore to Athens, [November] Infinity - Panama Canal

Old March 1st, 2012, 02:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Are you sure it was Celebrity's "Choice Air"? It is a US web-based service and not normally booked through TAs or telephone. You have to have a Celebrity booking reference to book through Choice Air and, in the past, it would not allow bookings from anyone who was not resident in the US or Cananda.

Sue
I don't know about the situation from the UK, but Choice Air can absolutely be booked in North America by telephone and even if you have your cruise booked with a TA, you can book the Choice Air portion by phone by yourself, as long as you have your booking number.

You can also phone Choice Air before you have your booking number, to get a price quote.

2015 Century (Singapore to Dubai) Infinity (Alaska) Serenade of the Seas (Baltic)
2014 Silhouette (Holy Land) Golden Princess (Alaska) Solstice (Alaska) Century (Eastern Caribbean) Century (Bahamas)
2013 Solstice (Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise) Century (Alaska) NCL Jewel (Pacific Coastal) Silhouette (Spring Transatlantic)
2012 Century (Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise) Silhouette (Adriatic and Croatia) Millennium (Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise)
2011 Solstice (Eastern Mediterranean) Oasis of the Seas (Western Caribbean) Eclipse (Western Caribbean B2B) Eclipse (Eastern Caribbean)
2010 Zuiderdam (Pacific Coastal) Mercury (Alaska)
2009 Millennium (Southern Caribbean) Millennium (Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise) Solstice (Eastern Mediterranean)
2008 Solstice (Eastern Caribbean)
2007 Serenade of the Seas (Southern Caribbean) Mercury (Pacific Northwest) Millennium (Southampton to Barcelona)
2006 Summit (Panama Eastbound)
2005 Constellation (NY to Caribbean)
1997 Crown Princess (Eastern Caribbean)
Cunard RMS Franconia II (Transatlantic)

Old March 1st, 2012, 04:33 AM
5,000+ Club

Apologies, ChoiceAir has clearly changed since I last investigated it. The FAQ say:
Countries
Is ChoiceAir available outside of the United States?

ChoiceAir will be offered in many of our International Markets.

However, I was unable to see in which countries you can use ChoiceAir. When I use my current reservation to experiment because I get this message:
ChoiceAir is not available for direct guests, please contact your travel agent for air arrangements.
which I take to mean that I cannot use ChoiceAir if I have booked my cruise direct with Celebrity.
Sue

Past

Last edited by Project_gal; March 1st, 2012 at 04:34 AM.

Old March 1st, 2012, 05:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Apologies, ChoiceAir has clearly changed since I last investigated it. The FAQ say:
Countries
Is ChoiceAir available outside of the United States?

ChoiceAir will be offered in many of our International Markets.

However, I was unable to see in which countries you can use ChoiceAir. When I use my current reservation to experiment because I get this message:
ChoiceAir is not available for direct guests, please contact your travel agent for air arrangements.
which I take to mean that I cannot use ChoiceAir if I have booked my cruise direct with Celebrity.
Sue
I thought I would have a quick look at the Choice Air website and try to book a flight using my reservation number, like you Sue I got the message ChoiceAir is not available for direct guests, please contact your travel agent for air arrangements but I have booked my cruise via a high street travel agent Thomas not direct with Celebrity.

Englishgal, did you ring Choice Air to book your flights or did you get your travel agent to book them?

Jo

Old March 1st, 2012, 05:55 AM
5,000+ Club

I still wonder if there is confusion between custom air, which anyone can access which is effectively Celebrity looking at what options they have for flights and offering one of these to guests and choice air which is something else and if it is available in the UK is new. Custom Air is a number that is based within X office that agents and direct guests can use

If Choice Air is available in the UK that is a new development though how to book it looks like a conundrum

Sound though like the website is pointing to all sorts of wrong things given the messages people are getting

2014 - Summit on 21 Sept
2015 - Southampton - Barcelona 25 August and Christmas/NY in OZ Quest
2016 Cairns - Sydney (Quest)5 Jan; Miami-Nice 5 April and Rome-Dubai 7 Oct (Journey)

Old March 1st, 2012, 05:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Update - email from Choice Air

Hi Folks,
Thought you might be interested in an email I just received from Choice Air, see below

Good Morning Joanne...

We received your email this morning in regards to booking Choice Air. Unfortunately Choice Air is only offered to guest who have booked in USD or CAD. If you wish to request specific flights you can contact our London office so they may assist you. The London office can be reached at email flycruise.uk@rccl.com. They will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

ChoiceAir Department

Regards, Jo

Old March 1st, 2012, 07:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Sounds like phoning the London office is the way to go. I wondered how much choice you got on your flights if you booked from the UK using Celebrity's site. You get a price and that's all the information available until you actually book it!

Denise

Old March 1st, 2012, 07:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

We could not take advantage of the free flights to Europe as we had already booked and the offer was for new bookings only. They did us a reasonable price. [img]http://www.******.info/g.php[/img]

Old March 1st, 2012, 08:15 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopar View Post
Sounds like phoning the London office is the way to go. I wondered how much choice you got on your flights if you booked from the UK using Celebrity's site. You get a price and that's all the information available until you actually book it!

Denise
I found the price for our Summit trip to Bermuda very good - I was very happy with what we were offered

2014 - Summit on 21 Sept
2015 - Southampton - Barcelona 25 August and Christmas/NY in OZ Quest
2016 Cairns - Sydney (Quest)5 Jan; Miami-Nice 5 April and Rome-Dubai 7 Oct (Journey)

Old March 5th, 2012, 01:16 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopar View Post

Denise
Celebrity's are actually based in Addlestone, Surrey. You will usually be allocated to a particuilar flight but, if that does not suit, you can telephone and ask for different flights. Provided Celebrity have a contract for that flight, you will be able to change. For example, we have found that, if you want flights with BA, they have been able to offer the flights actually operated by BA and not those "BA" flights operated by someone else. [It's early - hope that makes sense!]

Sue

Past

Old March 5th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Checked fares for our Far East cruise with Celebrity. £1200 each. Direct with Emirates £825. No contest.