Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old March 1st, 2012, 08:11 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy11 View Post
We just got off the Crown Princess last Saturday. We were extremely worried about catching noro on board, but were ok. There did not seem to be any outbreaks that week. We used Veripur Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer throughout the week, which stays on your hands for 4 hours.
Hey Teddy, what did you observe in the Horizon Court?

1) Were the tables pre-set with silverware, coffee cups, tumblers when you arrived? Were the tumblers/cups upside down on the "clean" table?

2) Did the staff who bussed the tables wash/sanitize their hands before they reset the tables with "clean" utensils?

3) Were any of the staff wearing the "magic gloves" and if so, did they ever change them?

Just curious if Princess has improved. From my observations in the past, the Horizon Court is a hotbed of opportunities for cross-contamination due to Princess' sub-standard food service sanitation practices.

Old March 1st, 2012, 11:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathercop View Post
I wonder if through all of these threads on CC, under each of the different cruise lines, with all of the information posted, how many people know the difference between a virus and a bacteria. I also wonder if people understand that the protein that is the norovirus is not destroyed by anti bacterial agents.

It still surprises me that people think Princess is not doing the right or correct things about trying to remove the virus. Now that may be the case, or it may not be, but conjecture is never the best way to prove a point. Yet, making conjectures seems to be very Americana.

I heard someone say once that we often live by this statement, "I know what I know. I believe what I believe. Don't confuse me with the facts or the truth."

I think it is time that moderators put this issue as a sticky to which people can reply, like they did with the smoking policy discussion. This topic just goes round and round and round and gets no where.

This is an excellent idea! Hope the moderators agree.

Costa Carla C '77
The Big Red Boat 9/86
For 16 years we paid to send our son all over the globe!!
Ocean Princess 9/02-Alaska
Celebrity 9/03-Caribbean
Dawn Princess 3/04-Caribbean
Grand Princess 9/04-Canada/New England
Star Princess 3/05-Caribbean
Norwegian Dawn 9/05-Caribbean
Golden Princess 4/06-Caribbean
Crown Princess 9/06-Caribbean
Diamond Princess 4/07-Mexico
Crown Princess 9/07-Caribbean
Crown Princess 4/08-Caribbean
Caribbean Princess 9/08-Canada/New England
Caribbean Princess 3/09-Caribbean
Caribbean Princess 9/09-Canada/New England
Emerald Princess 9/10-Caribbean
Golden Princess 9/11-Alaska
Commodore - Princess Academy 1/12
Crown Princess 2/12-Caribbean
Crown Princess 10/12-Europe
Caribbean Princess 9/13-Canada/New England
Caribbean Princess 10/14-Caribbean

All the water in the world can't sink a ship unless it gets inside.

Old March 4th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

From a CDC report:

Despite the decrease in 2007, norovirus was still the leading cause of reported outbreaks and outbreak-related illnesses. Norovirus contamination can occur before the point of food preparation and service, as indicated by recent multistate and international norovirus outbreaks associated with oysters, raspberries, and delicatessen meat (6--8). The large number of norovirus foodborne outbreaks indicates a need for continued attention to preventing food contamination by food employees who come into contact with ready-to-eat foods. Norovirus outbreaks are thought to largely result from contamination of food via the unwashed or improperly washed hands of food workers shedding norovirus in their stools. Enhanced food safety training for food employees that work with ready-to eat foods, and the presence of a certified food protection manager in food service and retail establishments, as recommended by the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Food Code,** might help to reduce the number of outbreaks and outbreak-related illnesses resulting from contamination in food service establishments, if adopted by all states and territories. To date, 49 of 50 states and three of six U.S. territories have adopted codes patterned after versions of the FDA Food Code (9), but the specific components of individual state regulations vary.

Old March 4th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Ruby is back in port with yet another outbreak and delayed embarkation. Pretty sure we're the first ones here.

Old March 4th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

We are going to be on her next week. Hope your week goes well and you have a great time!

Old March 4th, 2012, 10:00 AM
10,000+ Club

Hi There

Princess got the Crown clean they will get the Ruby clean as well,

yours Shogun