Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!
** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Drum Roll Please: Announcing the 2016 Cruisers' Choice Awards!
Once again, your cruise voice is loud and clear! Here are your choices for the best experiences at sea:
We'll be in Aruba in August from 2-11:30 p.m. Initially we were going to go to Eagle Beach.
Having read through many comments on this board, we've decided to change the plan as follows:
- grab a taxi to Palm Beach (approx. cost of $11 per fare; there 4 of us so the taxi and bus would be the same amount)
- get dropped off by De Palm pier (cause there's a section thats good for snorkeling)
- perhaps, visit Butterfly Farm
- rent chairs/umbrella from Itito (approx. cost of $20 for 2 chairs, umbrella) but bring towels in case chairs/umbrella aren't available
- when sun sets (approx. 6-7 p.m.), walk around the Palm Beach area stores (which open at 4p.m.) and watch musical water fountain show
- grab a taxi back to port around 9 p.m.
2015 Celebrity Reflection ~ 2012 Celebrity Silhouette ~ 2008 Cunard Queen Mary 2 ~ 2006 Celebrity Galaxy ~ 2005 Celebrity Galaxy ~ 2004 HAL Zaandam ~ 2003 Princess Golden Princess ~ 1998 Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas ~ 1996 Majesty Cruise Line Norwegian Majesty ~ 1989 Royal Caribbean Song of Norway ~ 1988 Chandris Fantasy Britanis ~ 1986 Chandris Fantasy Galileo ~ 1985 Costa CostaRiviera ~ 1984 NCL Starward ~ 1983 Carnival Carnivale
Last edited by Arubalisa; March 7th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.