Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Ask a Cruise Question

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Ask a Cruise Question Post your general cruise questions here.

Old March 7th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default 6 person suite/stateroom

Before my first ever cruise a couple months ago, I posted some questions here and got great help, so I'm here to try again.

My parents want to take my girlfriend and I, my sister and her husband (and their 1-year old) and themselves on a cruise.

I'm curious if anyone could point me to any cruise lines (operating in the Caribbean) where a 6-person suite might be available?

I'm certainly familiar with the counter-arguments (limited bathrooms, lack of personal space/time) but I've generally struck out on finding specifics - like prices - for 6 or bigger suites/rooms.

Anyone got any help here?

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:14 PM
5,000+ Club

RCCL has Royal Family Suites which consist of a master bedroom with private bath that sleeps two, a small bunk room that sleeps four and a pull-out sofa that sleeps two. There is a second, small bath for those not in the master bedroom. It does have a killer balcony, but I've always felt that only the two people in the master bedroom have any real comfort or privacy. Cost, of course, depends on ship, length of cruise, time of year, etc. You can't book one of these on the website - have to call. They do come with full suite benefits though.

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerif View Post
RCCL has Royal Family Suites which consist of a master bedroom with private bath that sleeps two, a small bunk room that sleeps four and a pull-out sofa that sleeps two. There is a second, small bath for those not in the master bedroom. It does have a killer balcony, but I've always felt that only the two people in the master bedroom have any real comfort or privacy. Cost, of course, depends on ship, length of cruise, time of year, etc. You can't book one of these on the website - have to call. They do come with full suite benefits though.
Thanks for that bit near the end. I saw reference to these, but couldn't get any details. Do you have any idea of a ballpark for, say, 5 or 7 days in the carribbean in such a room?

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Check ncl website you can get price quote directly for up to 8 people, largest suite on some of their ships.

Old March 8th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Please note that a one year old is a fare paying passenger on a cruise ship. You also pay tips for the child. So you are looking for 7 people.

Is there a specific reason why you want to have everyone in one cabin suite? It may be more cost efficient to have separate cabins. In fact, there are some cabins with a connecting door. This gives you some privacy and an extra bathroom.

To get a price, go to the cruise line web sites and do a trial booking. Go to plan a cruise and limit to month you might be interested in, limit to Caribbean, limit with port of embarkation if you have one, and you will get a list of all available cruises on that cruise line to the Caribbean for the month. Once you have an itinerary that interests you continue with the trial booking for cabin size. You may have to do 2 people in a cabin, 3 people in a cabin and try the suites.

Old March 8th, 2012, 10:24 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffenliv View Post
Before my first ever cruise a couple months ago, I posted some questions here and got great help, so I'm here to try again.

My parents want to take my girlfriend and I, my sister and her husband (and their 1-year old) and themselves on a cruise.

I'm curious if anyone could point me to any cruise lines (operating in the Caribbean) where a 6-person suite might be available?

I'm certainly familiar with the counter-arguments (limited bathrooms, lack of personal space/time) but I've generally struck out on finding specifics - like prices - for 6 or bigger suites/rooms.

Anyone got any help here?
You have 7 people not 6.
I have recently priced a cabin for 8 on Royal Caribbean and it was more expensive than getting separate cabins. If you all want to stay in the same cabin because you think it will cost less this is not necessarily true. Call the cruise line and have them price it for you. You are not able to price these cabins online.

Old March 8th, 2012, 03:56 PM
50,000+ Club

You really just need to get on the phone and call each cruiseline you're interested in. Most don't allow larger groups to book online....and prices vary from sailing to sailing. Call...talk to someone...you aren't required to book then and there! Just call for pricing!

Old March 8th, 2012, 04:06 PM
5,000+ Club

NCL also has high end suites -- Courtyard Villa & Garden Villa etc but the cost per person for the 1st 2 people is very high -- thousands of dollars if not tens of thousands of dollars. I suspect you will all be more comfortable in 3 seperate cabins

Last edited by trish1c; March 8th, 2012 at 04:07 PM.

Old March 8th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

My brother-in law did this last year for 7 people and it cost them $2000U.S. per person. They did get the perks of a suite however.

Old March 9th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Frankly, if there is any way to leave the 1-year-old at home (maybe with hubby's parents) I suggest it. I think your sister and her hubby would have a more relaxing time -- and most grandparents love to babysit for a week or so. Just a suggestion. The baby would pay full fare (discounted as a 3rd person in a cabin). The nightly theater shows and even the long MDR dinner might be a problem.

Oh, and would it be OK for you and your girlfriend sharing a cabin? Maybe that's one reason you wanted one big cabin. Or -- you and your dad in one cabin and your girlfriend and your mom in another.
Norwegian Star – May 2003 (Hawaii)
Carnival Jubilee – Sep 2003
Carnival Conquest – Nov 2003
Rhapsody of the Seas – Jan 2004
Carnival Ecstasy – Dec 2004
Carnival Elation – Nov 2005
Splendour of the Seas – Jan 2006
Rhapsody of the Seas – May 2006
Carnival Ecstasy – Dec 2006 (New Year's Eve)
Splendour of the Seas – Feb 2007
Voyager of the Seas – Mar 2008
Carnival Ecstasy – Jan 2009
Voyager of the Seas – Mar 2009
Carnival Ecstasy – Jan 2010
Voyager of the Seas – Mar 2010 & Dec 2010 & Mar 2011
Carnival Conquest - May 2011
Mariner of the Seas - Dec 2011 & Mar 2012 & Dec 2012 & Mar 2013
Navigator of the Seas - Dec 2013 & May 2014

Last edited by Jimnbigd; March 9th, 2012 at 06:12 PM.