Is There a Way To Determine If a Group Is Booked On Your Cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:57 AM.
Washington, DC area
192 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Originally posted by trvlcrzy
Westerdam – April 15 – 24, 2012 – 10-day Dry-Dock in Freeport, Bahamas (before 17-day westbound Panama Canal cruise)
Does anyone know what HAL has planned for this dry dock?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
One cruise and now I'm hooked!

Adelaide, South Australia
102 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
At last count there will be 120 passengers from Phil Hoffmann Travel of Adelaide, South Australia on the NIEUW AMSTERDAM on the Mediterranean Magic 24 day cruise departing Barcelona on 23 September. Do not worry as the group is a hosted group they will enjoy a couple of cocktail parties during the 24 days and will not be 'taking-over' any facilities onboard during the cruise. Participants will be doing their individual ''thing'' onshore. Over the last two years, Phil Hoffmann Travel in Adelaide, has been the biggest seller of HAL cruises in Australia and has a very large number of passengers spread over the 20 and 24 day Meditteranean cruises and the Baltic Scandinavia cruises for the 2012 season. The cruise on the 23 September will be hosted by Phil Hoffmann and his wife, Allison and are two of the most respected people in the travel industry in South Australia. He will not be hard to miss and if you see him on the cruise pop up and say hello. Us Aussies enjoy our cruising as it is one of the best holidays for meeting new friends.
Look forward to seeing you onboard.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Queen Elizabeth 2 - 1998
4 days - Adelaide to Sydney
Norwegian Sun - 2004
7 days - Inside Passage
Norwegian Sun - 2005
7 days - Inside Passage
Celebrity Galaxy - 2006
11 days - Mediterranean
Viking Pride - 2007
15 days -Amsterdam to Budapest
Zuiderdam - 2007
7 days - Inside Passage
Athena - 2008
4 days - Southern Ocean
Tu Ya (Nile) - 2008
5 days - Luxor to Aswan
Eurodam - 2009
12 days -Quebec City to New York
Noordam -2010
20 days - Mediterranean
Sun Princess -2011
46 days - Indian Ocean Odyssey
Nieuw Amsterdam- 2012
4 days - Mediterranean
Zuiderdam - 2013
7 days - Inside Passage
Eurodam - 2014
24 days - Iberian & Baltic Adventure
Sea Princess - 2016
35 Days - Hawaii, Tahiti & New Zealand
North Vancouver, BC
753 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Big Gordo
At last count there will be 120 passengers from Phil Hoffmann Travel of Adelaide, South Australia on the NIEUW AMSTERDAM on the Mediterranean Magic 24 day cruise departing Barcelona on 23 September. Do not worry as the group is a hosted group they will enjoy a couple of cocktail parties during the 24 days and will not be 'taking-over' any facilities onboard during the cruise. Participants will be doing their individual ''thing'' onshore. Over the last two years, Phil Hoffmann Travel in Adelaide, has been the biggest seller of HAL cruises in Australia and has a very large number of passengers spread over the 20 and 24 day Meditteranean cruises and the Baltic Scandinavia cruises for the 2012 season. The cruise on the 23 September will be hosted by Phil Hoffmann and his wife, Allison and are two of the most respected people in the travel industry in South Australia. He will not be hard to miss and if you see him on the cruise pop up and say hello. Us Aussies enjoy our cruising as it is one of the best holidays for meeting new friends.
Big Gordon - thanks for the info re the Aussie group aboard the Mediterranean Magic 24-day cruise. It is always so much fun when Aussies cruise. Looking forward to it.
Cynthia
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
North Vancouver, BC
753 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Big Gordo
Oops, not enough caffeine yet. My previous post should have been directed to "Big Gordo" and not "Big Gordon"..............sorry.
Cynthia
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
340 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Originally posted by trvlcrzy
The "Out of Service" List -- includes dry docks and charters
I have added group information as I have learned of it...

New Information is in red December 3, 2011 update
The information is listed in both alphabetical order by ship… and date order by ship. Scroll down for date order.

In response to a request, I am putting **asterisks by the ones that are sailing as full charters (not selling to regular passengers). These are different than the cruises with ‘groups’ on board.

Hi thanks for keeping this list updated, found something to add. I've come across a group that will be sailing on the

Eurodam - May 11 - 21, 2012 10 days - Catholic Answers Cruise

http://www.catholicanswerscruise.com/index.html
Greater Toronto Area, ON
2,354 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
I thought that by booking a 14-day cruise, I would be able to avoid a "theme" cruise. I just found out that this will be a Jazz Sea cruise (jazzsea.com). I am now rethinking this cruise. I am worried that because the Maasdam is a small ship, there may be areas that will be off limits to regular passengers. Has anyone been on a Jazz Cruise? I would love to hear your comments.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HAL: Westerdam (old one); Noordam (old one 2x), Maasdam; Ryndam; Noordam (3x); Nieuw Amsterdam[/size]
Princess: Tahitian Princess (2x); Grand Princess (2x); Emerald Princess
Others: Crystal Harmony, RCI Splendour
Jan 2015 - Nieuw Amsterdam 14 days
Atlanta, Ga
3,705 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I am on the Westerdam to Alaska on July 14th. I see there is an "Inspiration Cruises" event on this one. It features concerts from Third day and others. I can not get any info on how big this thing will be. I would like to avoid it if it is going to interfere with a lot of the ship. I have been on many cruises with many groups also on board. Normally, it doesn't bother me, but tthis seems like it might be big and honestly, it really isn't my thing. Any thoughts?
Maui, HI
1,790 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
"The Nation" (magazine) group cruise Dec. 9-16, Nieuw Amsterdam

http://www.nationcruise.com/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Phase 1: Bitten by the ocean liner bug:
Four round-trip transatlantic crossings as a child, 1954-1964, mostly on Cunard
Phase 2: Learning to cruise for cruising's sake:
Bahamas, Spring 1965 or 1966 (don't remember what ship; probably Cunard) (dad's choice)
Swan Hellenic Minerva, Eastern Med., Oct. 1987 (mom's choice)
Phase 3: Finally get to pick my own cruises!

Celebrity Mercury, Alaska, July 2005
HAL Westerdam, W. Caribbean, Nov. 2007
HAL Veendam, Alaska, Aug. 2008 (no review - sorry!)
HAL Amsterdam, San Diego to FLL via Panama Canal, December 2012
Marietta, GA
117 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
17-24FEB2013 / Adventure of the Seas / Square Dance:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1614832
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

FaceBook.com/SquareDancer
CC SquareDance Forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=804
Feb18 SouthernCaribbean / X Equinox / with SquareDance/Geocaching friends
Sep17 Caribbean / MSC Divina / with SquareDance/Geocaching friends
Jun17 The Baltics / RCL Vision / with SquareDance/Geocaching friends
Feb17 SouthernCaribbean / RCL Serenade / with SquareDance/Geocaching friends
Oct16 TA (Westbound) / RCL Harmony / Our 1st TA
Feb15 ABC/Caribbean / RCL Explorer / Geocaching:CastawayCachers#2
Mar14 Caribbean / RCL Freedom / Geocaching:CastawayCachers#1
Apr13 Australia / RCL Radiance / 1st DownUnder

Sep12 Bahamas / RCL Majesty / Her Birthday
Dec11 Caribbean / RCL Voyager / SquareDance
Nov11 Bahamas / RCL Monarch / 1stCruise: Billy
Jun11 WestCaribbean / RCL Allure / 1stCruise: Deni&Nikki
Oct10 EastCaribbean / RCL Oasis / 2ndAnniv
Dec09 Cozumel / Carnival Fantasy / His Birthday
Apr09 Cozumel / Carnival Holiday / SquareDanceFriends
Oct08 Europe&Egypt / RCL Legend / Honeymoon
Apr06 Caribbean / Costa Magica / JustBecause
Feb02 Caribbean / NCL Sun / 1st cruise!
Kentucky
4,879 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
October 27-Nov. 3rd - Eurodam - Whole ship charter for 50's music.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy

HA MSM - Nov., 2016
HA MSM - Nov. 2017

Caribbean Princess - CAS - Jan. 28, 2017
Crown Princess - CAS - Jan. 20-28, 2018
West Central OH
3,401 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
National Review Post-Election Cruise

http://www.wright.edu/administration...-01-OHE-04.pdf

Apparently there can be 500 to 700 people in their group with special lectures, tours, dinner speakers. Late seating appears to be closed to other pax. People who have been on with this group other years claim they do not interfere with use of the ship venues by others except for a couple of cocktail parties on the Lido deck.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
20 HAL Cruises, 1 Princess, 1 Royal Caribbean, 1 Uniworld Rhine River, 1 Viking Amsterdam to Budapest. Next up: Nieuw Amsterdam April 2017

FL
1,162 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by tiggerman101
I am on the Westerdam to Alaska on July 14th. I see there is an "Inspiration Cruises" event on this one. It features concerts from Third day and others. I can not get any info on how big this thing will be. I would like to avoid it if it is going to interfere with a lot of the ship. I have been on many cruises with many groups also on board. Normally, it doesn't bother me, but tthis seems like it might be big and honestly, it really isn't my thing. Any thoughts?
It really depends on just how many people are part of the group and your personal prefrences. We have cruised with large groups that have been awesome and one group that really didn't seem to realize that my breakfast was not the time or place to check if I had been "saved" yet.
3,738 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by the2ofus
National Review Post-Election Cruise

http://www.wright.edu/administration...-01-OHE-04.pdf

Apparently there can be 500 to 700 people in their group with special lectures, tours, dinner speakers. Late seating appears to be closed to other pax. People who have been on with this group other years claim they do not interfere with use of the ship venues by others except for a couple of cocktail parties on the Lido deck.
Closing an entire seating that is preferred by many? That's a huge impact.
Plus, post-election, these folks are going to be very grumpy.
Vancouver
39 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
There is a paddy noonan and guests irish theme cruise on the Volendam, July 4th to 11th.

Unfortuanetly found this info too late as I've already booked this date, anyone know if this will interfere with my cruise?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Colorado
925 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
thanks for this info!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Mediterranean 2009~ MS Noordam
Alaska 2010~ HAL Zuiderdam
Caribbean 2011~MS Eurodam
Caribbean 2012~ MS Noordam
2014~ Ms Eurodam ~Baltics
2016~ Ms Zaandam~ South America
Ms Zuiderdam 2016~ New England
Leuven, Belgium
187 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Hi, posting this the get it on my App Favourites list, to keep up to date with group news - many thanks for the hard work done on here.
Regards
Shirley
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked
Regent's Navigator - 13th July 2016 - Barcelona to Venice (back to back via Jerusalem)

Sailed
Cunard's QM2 - Transatlantic Eastbound -3rd January 2014
Oceania's Regatta - Panama Canal - 5th December 2013
Oceania's Riviera - Transatlantic Westbound - 18th November 2013
Oceania's Nautica - UK, Iceland & Greenland - 3rd July 2012
Leuven, Belgium
187 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
I am following one particular Roll Call as I am aiming to do the identical cruise the following year and want to pick up shore ideas plus learn more about HAL. This cruise has, as far as I can see, two separate Roll Calls with almost no activity whatsoever - is that a sign that there could be (large) group on it rather than independent travelers? It is not on any of your lists, as far as I can see....

November 2 2012 departing Rotterdam (or Nov 3 departing Southampton) for the Caribbean (34 or 32 days) - on the Rotterdam

Regards
Shirley
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked
Regent's Navigator - 13th July 2016 - Barcelona to Venice (back to back via Jerusalem)

Sailed
Cunard's QM2 - Transatlantic Eastbound -3rd January 2014
Oceania's Regatta - Panama Canal - 5th December 2013
Oceania's Riviera - Transatlantic Westbound - 18th November 2013
Oceania's Nautica - UK, Iceland & Greenland - 3rd July 2012
West Virginia
767 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
ms Westerdam June 22 - 29 2013 Alaska - Quilt Camp at Sea

We're booked on this cruise then my wife, a quilter, came across an ad in one of her Quilting Magazines announcing this.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean 3/25/12 - Silver Anniversary Cruise
Ruby Princess - Eastern Caribbean 2/3/13 - Gayle's Birthday Cruise
Norewgian Pearl - Alaska 6/16/13 - 4 Generation Family Cruise
Golden Princess - West Coast Getaway 9/30/13

UPCOMING:
Ruby Princess - West Coast Getaway 9/30/16