Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old March 17th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Back to Back Cruises

I'm a first-time B2B cruiser with a few questions that I have not seen yet.
If I purchase a wine package on cruise #1 and do not drink all of the wine, can I carry-over the remaining bottles to cruise #2?
On turnaround day, can I disembark early to spend time touring?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Liz
3/16/13 - Celebrity Summit, Sisters Cruise in the Caribbean, what a blast
5/4/12 & 5/12/12 Brilliance of the Seas, my first B2B, a terrific repositioning cruise and an amazing week in Norway
1/12/12 Jewel of the Seas, a long weekend break to Cozumel and back
9/3/11 Voyager of the Seas, an awesome week cruising the Adriatic Sea on one of my favorite ships
2/19/11 Celebrity Summit, Southern Caribbean for a wonderful week
12/2/10 Radiance of the Seas, a relaxing weekend with new friends to Cozumel
9/4/10 Caribbean Princess, Canada/New England, beautiful scenery but not completely sold on Princess...yet...
4/4/10 Celebrity Solstice, time to try something new
10/25/09 Mariner of the Seas, checked out the Mexican Riviera, since I'd never been there
5/22/09 Radiance of the Seas, back to Alaska, what a way to go!
11/20/08 Grandeur of the Seas, Western Caribbean, because I really needed to get away
5/17/08 Voyager of the Seas, the ONLY way to cruise the Western Med!
12/13/07 Navigator of the Seas, Western Caribbean, happy birthday to me
7/1/07 Norwegian Jewel, Western Med, loved the itinerary, but NCL... not so much...
1/20/07 Inspiration, Western Caribbean
10/1/06 Adventure of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean
9/17/05 Inspiration, Western Caribbean
11/1/03 Sensation, Western Caribbean
10/07/00 Royal Olympic Voyager, Greece and the Eastern Med, best cruise ever!!
5/98 Norwegian Wind, Alaska with the family
6/97 Nordic Empress, Bahamas with the family
9/74-8/75 Bon Vivant, multiple trips, Mom was the ship's nurse!
... and about 20 more that I can't remember, back in the days of last-minute deals from Miami

Old March 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

We have done 5 B2Bs and have been able to "carry over" our wine package on each one but I would ask that question when purchasing the package.

Each B2B was handled differently as far as check in for the next leg but we were able to get off the ship to do some sightseeing. You should receive instructions delivered to your cabin regarding the process for your cruise.

Have a great cruise!

Sherri

Old March 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Would like to know the answer to the wine package also. Someone, please!!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Cruise Countdown TickersCruise Countdown Tickers

Past Cruises:
Grandeur of Seas B2B Jan & Feb. 2014, Grandeur of Seas Oct. 2013 Carnival Pride Sept 2013, Enchantment of the Seas B2B Jan. & Feb. 2013,Carnival Pride Oct. 2012,
Carnival Pride May 2012,Enchantment of Seas Feb. 2012, Carnival Pride Sept. 2011, Carnival Pride May 2011, Freedom of Seas Jan. 2011,
Carnival Pride Aug. 2010, Freedom of Seas Jan. 2010, Carnival Pride May 2009, Grandeur of Seas Oct. 2008 Repositioning,, Grandeur of Seas June 2007

Old March 17th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

If you are going to tour on the turn around day make sure when you get your new SeaPass that you tell them you want a "in transit"pass.This allows you to get off of the ship early.If you get stuck waiting in line to get off [behind all that are debarking]just show the pass to one of the crew and you will be able to bypass the lines.

Old March 17th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredgram View Post
Would like to know the answer to the wine package also. Someone, please!!
I called the Crown and Anchor Club earlier today.

Yes, we can officially "carry over" remaining wine or water bottles - purchased on the first cruise - to include the second cruise on a BTB. Although I thought that would be the answer, I double checked to make sure.

The only possible problem "might" occur if there is a change of cabin # between the two cruises and if your wine is being kept for use in the dining room. However, even that's not supposed to be a problem . Nevertheless, if you do change cabins, you might want to inform the dining room staff near the end of the first cruise; so that they can re label your wine bottles with the correct cabin number for the next leg of your trip.

Botton line: Wine, water and juice packages purchased for Cruise #1 can be consumed during the entire BTB cruise.

Although I'm keeping the same cabin myself, I don't plan to book a wine package until I'm on board. I want to see what wines are really being offered on my particular cruise. Although they are listed on the web site, not all the wines are on board every ship for every trip. So if you are booking a package for a specific wine, you might want to wait to get on board to make sure that particular wine is available on your cruise.

Meanwhile, I did already book my water package. So I won't have to worry about that for the entire BTB.

Liz

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I'm a first-time B2B cruiser with a few questions that I have not seen yet.
If I purchase a wine package on cruise #1 and do not drink all of the wine, can I carry-over the remaining bottles to cruise #2?
On turnaround day, can I disembark early to spend time touring?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Liz
Are you staying in the same Cabin? If you are you will not have a problem.

NCL Starward May 1977 , NCL Southward May 1978, NCL Skyward July 1979, NCL Sunward II June 1980, H.L. Nieuw Amsterdam March 1996
Norwegian Sun December 2005, Celebrity Zenith December 2006, Brilliance of the Seas December 2007, Brilliance of the Seas December 2008,
Norwegian Jewel July 2009, Grand Princess December 2009, NorwegianSpirit February 2010, NorwegianEpic June 2010 - Maiden TA Crossing,
Norwegian Pearl, Christmas 2010, New Year 2011, Mariner of the Seas, June 2011, Voyager of the Seas, December 2011, Norwegian Spirit, Christmas 2011, Monarch of the Seas June 2012, Freedom of the Seas June 2012, NCL Star, Christmas 2012, NCL Star, Mardi Gras 2013, ,NCL Breakaway, June 2013 Majesty of the Seas December 2013, NCL Sun Christmas 2013 NCL JEWEL March 2014 NCL GETAWAY June 2014

FUTURE CRUISES

NCL DAWN November 21, 2014 2 day Cruise to Nowhere (Circle the oil rigs?)
CELEBRITY ECLIPSE December 21, 2014 14 Night Exotic Caribbean Holiday cruise
NCL DAWN February 15, 2015 7 day Western Caribbean Mardi Gras Escape
NCL STAR June 12, 2015 14 day North Cape Cruise from Coppenhagen
NCL ESCAPE December 26, 2015 New Years cruise on a new ship

(I wish)

Old March 17th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default B2B and Wine

We did a B2B on Oasis last summer. We did in fact have a problem with the wine package even though we were told it would not be an issue. Make sure you tell the head waiter on the first and last nights that you are B2B and have a wine package so that they are well aware of your situation. It took alot of haggling to get this straightened out, especially since on the second leg the waiters and head waiters change positions and you are not guaranteed to have the same staff.

Old March 17th, 2012, 07:05 PM
10,000+ Club

if you tell the head waiter about the wine package s/he should be able to set it up with the cellar master...i've done it several times...

ONCE, though i had to choose my wines for the 2nd leg so they could do inventory..no biggie, as they said that i could swap them later if i wanted...didn't matter, i always drink one of 2 things...(also tell the MDR manager if need be....)

Cape Liberty Info blog
Meg's YouTube Videos

Cape Liberty Area Hotel Photos

Click ship names below to go to albums!

My Cruise History:
Explorer of the Seas x12, Freedom x 1, Serenade x2, Summit x3, Jewel x1, Adventure, x1, Grandeur x2, Navigator x1, Enchantment, x4, CCL Pride x2, CCL Miracle x1
218 Total Nights At Sea!
illegitmi non carborundum kmt

Old March 17th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully108 View Post
We did a B2B on Oasis last summer. We did in fact have a problem with the wine package even though we were told it would not be an issue. Make sure you tell the head waiter on the first and last nights that you are B2B and have a wine package so that they are well aware of your situation. It took alot of haggling to get this straightened out, especially since on the second leg the waiters and head waiters change positions and you are not guaranteed to have the same staff.
Thank you

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Past Cruises:
Grandeur of Seas B2B Jan & Feb. 2014, Grandeur of Seas Oct. 2013 Carnival Pride Sept 2013, Enchantment of the Seas B2B Jan. & Feb. 2013,Carnival Pride Oct. 2012,
Carnival Pride May 2012,Enchantment of Seas Feb. 2012, Carnival Pride Sept. 2011, Carnival Pride May 2011, Freedom of Seas Jan. 2011,
Carnival Pride Aug. 2010, Freedom of Seas Jan. 2010, Carnival Pride May 2009, Grandeur of Seas Oct. 2008 Repositioning,, Grandeur of Seas June 2007

Old March 17th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photogirl View Post
I called the Crown and Anchor Club earlier today.

Yes, we can officially "carry over" remaining wine or water bottles - purchased on the first cruise - to include the second cruise on a BTB. Although I thought that would be the answer, I double checked to make sure.

The only possible problem "might" occur if there is a change of cabin # between the two cruises and if your wine is being kept for use in the dining room. However, even that's not supposed to be a problem . Nevertheless, if you do change cabins, you might want to inform the dining room staff near the end of the first cruise; so that they can re label your wine bottles with the correct cabin number for the next leg of your trip.

Botton line: Wine, water and juice packages purchased for Cruise #1 can be consumed during the entire BTB cruise.

Although I'm keeping the same cabin myself, I don't plan to book a wine package until I'm on board. I want to see what wines are really being offered on my particular cruise. Although they are listed on the web site, not all the wines are on board every ship for every trip. So if you are booking a package for a specific wine, you might want to wait to get on board to make sure that particular wine is available on your cruise.

Meanwhile, I did already book my water package. So I won't have to worry about that for the entire BTB.

Liz
Thank you for taking the time to call.

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Past Cruises:

Old March 18th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you, everyone!

Liz
3/16/13 - Celebrity Summit, Sisters Cruise in the Caribbean, what a blast
5/4/12 & 5/12/12 Brilliance of the Seas, my first B2B, a terrific repositioning cruise and an amazing week in Norway
1/12/12 Jewel of the Seas, a long weekend break to Cozumel and back
9/3/11 Voyager of the Seas, an awesome week cruising the Adriatic Sea on one of my favorite ships
2/19/11 Celebrity Summit, Southern Caribbean for a wonderful week
12/2/10 Radiance of the Seas, a relaxing weekend with new friends to Cozumel
9/4/10 Caribbean Princess, Canada/New England, beautiful scenery but not completely sold on Princess...yet...
4/4/10 Celebrity Solstice, time to try something new
10/25/09 Mariner of the Seas, checked out the Mexican Riviera, since I'd never been there
5/22/09 Radiance of the Seas, back to Alaska, what a way to go!
11/20/08 Grandeur of the Seas, Western Caribbean, because I really needed to get away
5/17/08 Voyager of the Seas, the ONLY way to cruise the Western Med!
12/13/07 Navigator of the Seas, Western Caribbean, happy birthday to me
7/1/07 Norwegian Jewel, Western Med, loved the itinerary, but NCL... not so much...
1/20/07 Inspiration, Western Caribbean
10/1/06 Adventure of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean
9/17/05 Inspiration, Western Caribbean
11/1/03 Sensation, Western Caribbean
10/07/00 Royal Olympic Voyager, Greece and the Eastern Med, best cruise ever!!
5/98 Norwegian Wind, Alaska with the family
6/97 Nordic Empress, Bahamas with the family
9/74-8/75 Bon Vivant, multiple trips, Mom was the ship's nurse!
... and about 20 more that I can't remember, back in the days of last-minute deals from Miami