Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Azamara Club Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Azamara Club Cruises
Find Your Azamara Club Cruises Roll Call

Old March 20th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Lagoon View Post
One of the a capella singers accompanied us on the piano during our voyage on Equinox in November, 2012.

The guys were so upbeat, personable and patient. I think they had as much fun as the guests.
Was this "Full Tilt" ? We took the Transatlantic on the Equinox and I thought they were excellent - it's a shame that they are an 'ad hoc' group that won't continue with the current lineup. They all seemed to love what they were doing and had so much time for the guests.

Old March 20th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul bernard View Post
Oui, en effet, c'est bien moi. Dans ma retraite je m'amuse a ecrire des petites critiques de vins; aussi d'hotels, dailleurs. Nous avons fait le tour d'usine une foix seulement, en compagnie des fillettes d'une amie de Nancy. Moi, en tout cas, etais pret a me suicider apres dix minutes. Tout par hazard, vous ne jouez pas aux echecs? Pour moi, c'est le passe temps ideal pour les matinees a bord. Ca sera notre premiere croisiere avec Azamara, je suis bien curieux quest-ce-que ca va donner.
Salut Paul, Oui je joue aux echecs, mais pas particulierement bien. J'ai beaucoup joue en ado pour l'equipe de ma lycee, ensuite j'ai renonce a cause du fait je devenait obsessionel a propos du jeu. Apres environ cinquante ans, J'ai recemment recommence (a un niveau absolument plus bas) avec mon ordinateur, et serait heureux de tenter une partie avec vous, bien que je doute d'etre un grand defi.

Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Bill Leiber - thanks so much for your reply. It's great to see an Azamara rep on this board to answer questions. It helps all of us enjoy a better cruise experience.

Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Zut alors, c'est la troisieme foix que l'ordinateur a avale ma reponse! Tout comme vous, j'etais excessivement passione du jeu et quand j'ai remarque que je jouais des parties dans ma tete au lieu de dormir la nuit, j'ai tire le frein. Ces jours ci, je joue contre Nancy les soirs et contre un programme de l'ordinateur (Grand Master Challenge--un veritable fort en theme). En tout cas, entammons une partie a bord.

Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default November 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikelmay View Post
Was this "Full Tilt" ? We took the Transatlantic on the Equinox and I thought they were excellent - it's a shame that they are an 'ad hoc' group that won't continue with the current lineup. They all seemed to love what they were doing and had so much time for the guests.
Make that read - November 2011

Yes, it was 'Full Tilt'.
They put on many shows at different times and locations on the ship. There are some areas on the S-class ships that are not suitable at all for performances with lots of people milling about who are absolutely clueless that a show is in progress.
The area that typically houses the ping-pong table outside Quasar is an example of one as well as the space by the main staircases near Guest Relations. The party band will be playing with people dancing and others trying to cut across the floor to get to the other side. Yikes! Brings to mind a version of Roller Derby without the rollerblades.

Old March 25th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Salut les Azamariens francophones! Il serait sympa de parler français à bord! Est-ce que ça vous intéresse d'avoir un cocktail francophone pendant le voyage?

Hélas! Je n'ai jamais appris de jouer l'échecs.

Marion, I'm willing to tutor on a little basic French during the trip if you, or anyone else wants. I'm not a serious grammarian, more of a conversationalist and reader and I make no claims to be a trained teacher; just a lover of the language. I've studied it off and on since I was 11 years old and I'm WAY older than that now! :0) At any rate I think we could cover enough to make life easier while in France.

Cheers,
Ron

Old March 25th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francophile View Post
Salut les Azamariens francophones! Il serait sympa de parler français à bord! Est-ce que ça vous intéresse d'avoir un cocktail francophone pendant le voyage?

Marion, I'm willing to tutor on a little basic French during the trip if you, or anyone else wants. I'm not a serious grammarian, more of a conversationalist and reader and I make no claims to be a trained teacher; just a lover of the language. I've studied it off and on since I was 11 years old and I'm WAY older than that now! :0) At any rate I think we could cover enough to make life easier while in France.

Cheers,
Ron
Hi Ron - I bet we could get a few Cruise Critic folks together to take you up on your kind offer - it would be fun! Let's talk about it when we get on the ship.

Marion
Queen of Bermuda 6/62,Carnival Paradise 3/99,Renaissance 4 2/01,Summit 11/01,Millennium 2/02,Mercury 11/02,Star Princess 2/03,Zuiderdam 8/03,Century 10/03,Voyager of the Sea 2/04,Regal Princess - Alaska 7/04,Zaandam 12/04,Galaxy 9/05Infinity 1/06,Jewel of the Seas 8/06,Zenith 1/07,Adventurer of the Seas 9/07,Oceania Insignia TA 3/08,Solstice 11/08,NCL Jade 5/09,Diamond Princess-Alaska 8/09,Oceania Regatta TA 11/14/09,Oceania Marina TA 1/22/11,Oasis of the Seas 10/29/11,Oceania Marina 1/3/12,Amazara Journey TA 4/18/12,Carnival Breeze 10/1/12,Azamara Quest TA 11/13/13,NCL Epic 2/22/14,Avalon Visionary 5/24/14,Carnival Splendor 9/27/14-Canada/NewEngland, Celebrity Millennium 3/15/15 -Asia. Serenade of the Seas 6/6/2015 -Norway/Fjords

Old March 25th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Cheers,
Ron
Ron,
Thanks for your offer! I may be interested as well. I got maybe 20% of your French, as I am remembering it from my one year of high school French, and I am WAY older than that too!

Diane
Carnival Mardi Gras - Bahamas (1987), Carnival Holiday - W Carib (8/94), Carnival Sensation - E Carib (7/95), RC Majesty of the Seas - W Carib (8/99), HAL Maasdam - W Med (6/00), RC Explorer of the Seas - E Carib (7/01), X Horizon - Bermuda (5/02), HAL Zuiderdam - W Carib (5/04), X Mercury - Alaska (7/05), HAL Amsterdam - Panama Canal (11/06), Azamara Journey - Bermuda (9/07), Princess Caribbean Princess - Canada/NE (9/08), HAL Eurodam - E Carib (3/11), Azamara Journey - T/A (4/12), X Summit - Bermuda (9/12) - X Solstice - Pacific Coastal Wine (5/13), X Constellation - Bahamas Mom & Sisters Cruise (1/14), X Reflection - E Med (6/14), Upcoming X Silhouette - T/A (10/15)

Old March 25th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Rosetta Stone

A few years back on Celebrity, Rosetta Stone language courses were offered.

There was a taster/info session and then you were on your own to sign up and work thru the course of your choice at your own speed and times. As I recall it was on the pricey side.

Is Rosetta Stone available on Azamara ?

Thanks. (Merci)

Old March 26th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Cheers,
Ron

Cheers,
Ron[/quote]

Salut, Ouais, ca m'interesse beaucoup qu'on se retrouve pour un cocktail francophone, peut-etre avec Paul et Nancy Bernard s'ils veulent bien et n'importe qui d'autre. Pas de probleme concernant les echecs. j'at tres peur que Paul aille dire la meme chose a propos de moi. (Mike et Barbara Halpern)

Old March 28th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Je me demande si nous devons attendre jusqu'à nous sommes à bord de programmer le cocktail francophone? Je suppose qu'il serait assez facile de faire une annonce dans le bulletin quotidien mais c'est la première fois que j'ai pris Azamara et effectivement, je ne sais pas. Qu'est-ce que vous en pensez?

Old March 28th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

You know this is all Greek to me! LOL

Marion
Queen of Bermuda 6/62,Carnival Paradise 3/99,Renaissance 4 2/01,Summit 11/01,Millennium 2/02,Mercury 11/02,Star Princess 2/03,Zuiderdam 8/03,Century 10/03,Voyager of the Sea 2/04,Regal Princess - Alaska 7/04,Zaandam 12/04,Galaxy 9/05Infinity 1/06,Jewel of the Seas 8/06,Zenith 1/07,Adventurer of the Seas 9/07,Oceania Insignia TA 3/08,Solstice 11/08,NCL Jade 5/09,Diamond Princess-Alaska 8/09,Oceania Regatta TA 11/14/09,Oceania Marina TA 1/22/11,Oasis of the Seas 10/29/11,Oceania Marina 1/3/12,Amazara Journey TA 4/18/12,Carnival Breeze 10/1/12,Azamara Quest TA 11/13/13,NCL Epic 2/22/14,Avalon Visionary 5/24/14,Carnival Splendor 9/27/14-Canada/NewEngland, Celebrity Millennium 3/15/15 -Asia. Serenade of the Seas 6/6/2015 -Norway/Fjords

Old March 29th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Je me demande si nous devons attendre jusqu'à nous sommes à bord de programmer le cocktail francophone? Je suppose qu'il serait assez facile de faire une annonce dans le bulletin quotidien mais c'est la première fois que j'ai pris Azamara et effectivement, je ne sais pas. Qu'est-ce que vous en pensez?
Je pense que c'est une meillure idee d'attendre jusqu'a l'embarquement et puis, comme vous suggerez, d'essayer de faire une annonce. Si cela prouve difficile ou impossible a faire, on peut toujours circuler l'idee de bouche a oreille. Autrement, je ne connais personne qu'on puisse contacter d'avance. De toute facon, la perspective de prendre l'apero avec vous nous plait beaucoup.

Old March 29th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey Marion, Sorry not to have written bi-lingually! I had suggested a French-speaking cocktail party in an earlier post, then suggested we might want to do a little announcement in the ship's paper after we leave. Not sure how easy that is on Azamara. Ludwigvb said it's a good idea to wait. What do you think?

Old March 30th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I don't think Amazara lets people put together little events and promotes them in their daily program (I don't know the name of their daily activity sheet - it's my first time on Amazara).

I suggest you pick a day/time/location and let everyone know about it at the Meet & Greet. You are the perfect promoter to get this moving. I will come and smile a lot - not understanding a work of French.

Marion

Old March 30th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

That was word of French. As you have noticed - my typing is as good as my French. LOL

Marion

Old March 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Certes, avec grand plaisir. Contez sur nous.
Paul

Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

J'ai démenagé le fil au Roll Call du 18 avril Azamara Journey à Rouen afin d'attirer plus des gens qui s'interessent au cocktail francophone. À bientôt!

Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hey Marion,

Figured it made more sense to move the thread over to the roll call.

Ron

Old April 2nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Taxi Transfer ship to Paris City Center

Would like to hear from cruisers that are planning to take the train on April 29 from Rouen to Paris City Center. I need one more couple to share a taxi-van,total 6 people, leaving the ship at 7:30 AM, arriving your address in Paris about 2 hours later. This will eliminate the taxi from the ship to the Rouen train station, lugging your luggage to the train platform, carrying it on the train, taking your luggage of the train in Paris, lugging it to the street and looking for a taxi to take you to your address. The price will be about $60 per person plus tip. It should be about the same as doing it the hard way.If interested, e-mail me at safety@trusty-step.com.