Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

East Coast Departures
Baltimore, Boston, Cape Liberty, Charleston, Montreal, New York, Norfolk, & Philadelphia l

Old March 30th, 2012, 03:53 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatam View Post
Check out this thread from the Florida departures board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...5#post33058355

IF you look at the map on the linked page (post #3, I think), it is the SAME company. And as I posted before, there is NO insurance listed with the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) which is MANDATORY if you are running a vehicle licensed in one state (someone reported the van in Cape Liberty had NY plates on it) across state lines AND providing a commercial passenger service. So let the buyer beware.

I am making a guess that this company just hires some local guy to find a parking lot and provide a van. I sure wouldn't want to be in an accident because I will bet there is NO commercial insurance and if you are injured, there will be NO coverage.
yeah i just wanted to check but didn't have my laptop..well i did, just no convenient internet access..i wish they had a REAL starbucks next to the pier as opposed to the kiosk in the grocery store...

i was just curious......(ok, and a LITTLE bored.....)

Cape Liberty Info blog
Meg's YouTube Videos

Cape Liberty Area Hotel Photos

Click ship names below to go to albums!

My Cruise History:
Explorer of the Seas x12, Freedom x 1, Serenade x2, Summit x3, Jewel x1, Adventure, x1, Grandeur x2, Navigator x1, Enchantment, x4, CCL Pride x2, CCL Miracle x1
218 Total Nights At Sea!
illegitmi non carborundum kmt

Old April 1st, 2012, 08:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

A quick note to those who thing Cape Liberty parking is expensive. If you go across the river the rate is $35 an night. "I'm just sayin'" it's all relevant.

"Illitgetimi Non Carborundum" [kmt]

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”
Mark Twain.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Dry Dock issues?

I can't tell if the paint overspray problem is still an issue? We were planning on having someone drive us to Summit tomorrow but have just decided to drive and park, and would like to park at the pier. (no time to buy the cover!)

I have read posts that it supposedly hasn't been an issue lately, but hoped someone would have more recent experience - thanks!

(I also looked for "safest" places in the lot to park, but wasn't able to find anything recent...)

Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
10,000+ Club

No one has reported paint spray issues for quite some time. I'd be tempted to park in the lot closest to the cruise ship, which would mean driving into the first lot, going halfway through and making a left towards the opening in the fence, crossing the inbound road to the other side, and parking. This will give you easier access to your car when you disembark and I think it's further away from any paint spray operation.

Carol

Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Red face

thanks for your quick reply!! now if only the weather for Bermuda would cooperate LOL