Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Friends who sailed Inaugural Cruise! June 3rd 2012! BREEZE ROLL CALL

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old April 7th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggleBay View Post
OOPS okay 9am. I know about routines, but I'll be on VACATION so they don't count except the routine coffee and routine Kahula
Okie dokey

UPCOMING
Carnival Breeze - Nov '14 - Caribbean~Carnival Imagination - December '14 - Baja Mexico~ RCCL Jewel of the Seas - Feb '15 So Caribbean

SAILED
Carnival Imagination - April '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Imagination - February '14 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Sunshine - Jan '14 - Caribbean~ Carnival Inspiration - December '13 - Baja Mexico~ Carnival Legend - July '13 - Baltics ~ Carnival Breeze - March '13 - Eastern Caribbean ~Carnival Inspiration - December '12 ~ Carnival Breeze - July '12 - Grand Mediterranean (Inaugural)~ NCL EPIC - '11 -Western Caribbean~ NCL Pride of America - '03 - Hawaiian Islands ~ RCCL - '96 Baja ~ SS Azure Seas - '87 Baja Mexico

Old April 8th, 2012, 03:56 AM
5,000+ Club

I think we will meet you over there!! Make sure you wave to us as we get on a little later!! I am thinking about strapping GMA on her case with a bungee cord and pulling her along!! We watched Missing tonite and when she saw all the stairs I think she got scared!! lol

NCL Breakaway May 2014
Disney Dream Jan/Feb 2014 B2B
Carnival Sunshine Jan 2014
Carnival Conquest Nov 2013
Norwegian Pearl Aug 2013 Alaska
Carnival Legend Jul 2013 12 nt Baltics
Carnival Breeze Jun 2012 12 nt Med
Carnival Inspiration Dec 2011 14 nt Panama
Carnival Fascination Oct 2011
Carnival Fascination Jan 2011
Carnival Freedom Oct 2010
Carnival Miracle May 2010
Carnival Dream Oct 3 2009 12 nt Med cruise
ISLAND Princess Jun 30 2008
Carnival Glory March 8 2008
Carnival Miracle Jun 2007
Carnival Conquest April 2007
Carnival Valor Jan 2007
Carnival Ecstasy 1996
Carnival Holiday 1995

..I have decided to work to pay the mortgage and vacation.. ...

http://youtu.be/-1rbdkHNWLM

Barcelona Magic Fountain show!!

Old April 8th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by themnms View Post
I think we will meet you over there!! Make sure you wave to us as we get on a little later!! I am thinking about strapping GMA on her case with a bungee cord and pulling her along!! We watched Missing tonite and when she saw all the stairs I think she got scared!! lol
All of those stairs got my attention too. I can feel my knees aching now but, it will be well worth it. Besides a little liquid medicine will cure that. Thats a hilarious image of Rose strapped to a suitcase

Tom

Old April 8th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&John View Post
And I thought it was sacrilege to eat crabs other from Maryland!
Well John, it kinda is unless you want lg males in early April. Another month or so then you wouldnt dare eat NC crabs, not that you could buy them any where around here.

Tom

Old April 8th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluwes View Post
How many are going to muster at Piazza de Roma to march to the ship,

this must be the way to go;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZPIU0wGVkQ
Gee thanks Wes. I get a song in my head and it doesnt go away. I now have Do Wah Diddy on the brain
That would be hilarious with a hundred or so marching to the ship. I see a You Tube moment in our future

Tom

Old April 8th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisertommyboy View Post
All of those stairs got my attention too. I can feel my knees aching now but, it will be well worth it. Besides a little liquid medicine will cure that. Thats a hilarious image of Rose strapped to a suitcase

Tom
I wish I would have started watching that show- it sounds really good.

Old April 8th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Nancy, sorry about your pressure washer issues. Hopefully you were able to get your deck done.
We had a great day shopping at Tysons. I am glad that the place isnt closer, I would spend entirely too much time at that mall. Had a great lunch at a Mexican rest. There caleed LaSienda. Really good food. Got my wedding ring and Karen got her wedding dress. Of course I must of looked like a stalker because I had to hang out outside the store and under srict orders not to come in unless summoned. Naturally the kids were getting pictures with the Easter Bunny right there. No wonder security kept walking past me, me with a 3 day beard hair a mess and sitting on the mall floor watching the easter bunny

Tom

Old April 8th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Nancy, sorry about your pressure washer issues. Hopefully you were able to get your deck done.
We had a great day shopping at Tysons. I am glad that the place isnt closer, I would spend entirely too much time at that mall. Had a great lunch at a Mexican rest. There caleed LaSienda. Really good food. Got my wedding ring and Karen got her wedding dress. Of course I must of looked like a stalker because I had to hang out outside the store and under srict orders not to come in unless summoned. Naturally the kids were getting pictures with the Easter Bunny right there. No wonder security kept walking past me, me with a 3 day beard hair a mess and sitting on the mall floor watching the easter bunny

Tom
So glad you had fun! Happy Easter!

Old April 8th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyannr View Post
So glad you had fun! Happy Easter!
Glad to see Im not the only one up entirely to early for a Sunday morning. Happy Easter to all and Happy Passover to those that celebrate it.

Tom

Old April 8th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Glad to see Im not the only one up entirely to early for a Sunday morning. Happy Easter to all and Happy Passover to those that celebrate it.

Tom

Tom... I am always "up" at this time... or even much earlier!!

Celebrity Infinity - Feb/Mar 2014 - South America/Antarctica
Carnival Legend - Sep/Oct 2013 - Transatlantic

Carnival Breeze - June 2012 - Mediterranean
Coral Princess - May 2011 - Alaska

Old April 8th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

On the way home yesterday I took Karen by this high end gourmet grocery store called Balduccis. This place is so upper crust they have a Sommelier lurking the wine aisle helping the customers. But, all of the food looked absolutely gorgeous. They had some sort of encrusted filet that were huge. But, I felt like I was in Singapore buying lobster. The stuff was $24 a pound. They had a fresh baked pastry section that would make you drool with all of the sweets they had. Avoided the temptation and only got a lg chocolate eclair and a choc. cannoli. That and the required jalapeno stuffed olives and some really good cheese that was some sort of english cheddar with blue cheese stripped in. Oh and the spice encrusted pepperoni stick. I was all set for the hockey game last night

Tom

Old April 8th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusCruiser View Post
Tom... I am always "up" at this time... or even much earlier!!
Joe its probably the middle of the day for you

Tom

Old April 8th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Joe its probably the middle of the day for you

Tom
Haha... typically from 12pm to 5pm my time... this forum is absolutely quiet.... then I would expect the first new post from you to break the silence!

Old April 8th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
On the way home yesterday I took Karen by this high end gourmet grocery store called Balduccis. This place is so upper crust they have a Sommelier lurking the wine aisle helping the customers. But, all of the food looked absolutely gorgeous. They had some sort of encrusted filet that were huge. But, I felt like I was in Singapore buying lobster. The stuff was $24 a pound. They had a fresh baked pastry section that would make you drool with all of the sweets they had. Avoided the temptation and only got a lg chocolate eclair and a choc. cannoli. That and the required jalapeno stuffed olives and some really good cheese that was some sort of english cheddar with blue cheese stripped in. Oh and the spice encrusted pepperoni stick. I was all set for the hockey game last night

Tom

Don't need lobster... gourmet food ANYWHERE charges gourmet prices. Ok... perhaps slightly more expensive for us since we have to import everything.

My American friends working in Singapore tend to gripe about the expensive food here. I find this so amusing...since the meals the common man eats here are all less than $4 (as shown in my pictures)! Even the steak meal I cooked yesterday evening cost me less than $8.

The problem is... many foreigners like to shop at those gourmet supermarkets, buy their own groceries (imported from far far away) and cook their own meals with more exotic imported spices like rosemary, oregano...etc, rather than recipes more common to the region. OF COURSE their meals will be expensive!!

Wherever I go... I love to eat what the locals eat. Only way to truly experience the culture... me thinks.

Last edited by MaximusCruiser; April 8th, 2012 at 05:40 AM.

Old April 8th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Arrow

Joe, trust me gourmet grocery shopping is a once in a blue moon thing. Its the local grocery for us and usually plenty of coupons and comparitive price shopping. The only time I usually splurge is for an unusual marinade that will liven up a cheaper cut of meat. I like the idea of eating what and where the locals dine. Not only the true flavor of the culture but also not the tourist prices.

Living in the DC area my entire life, I have really learned to dislike tourists and the associated traffic. Now that I will be one and a foreigner as well, I will take what Ive learned over the years of tourist dos and donts and bring it with me.

Tom

Old April 8th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluwes View Post
How many are going to muster at Piazza de Roma to march to the ship,

this must be the way to go;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZPIU0wGVkQ

Over rock, over stone,
We will never walk alone
as we cruisers go rolling along.
So it's off we go it's time to board the ship.

(sung to the tune of the US Army Song)

2013 CCL Fantasy 2013 CCL Glory 2013 CCL Destiny 2012 CCL Breeze (inaugural), 2011 CCL Legend, 2008 CCL Legend, 2007 CCL Glory, 2006 NCL Sun, 2004 CCL Victory, 2003 Grand, Princess, 2002 CCL Pride, 2000 HAL Amsterdam, 2000 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, 1999 CCL Destiny, 1998 HAL Veendam, 1997 CCL Fascination, 1994 HAL Maasdam~Inaugural, 1993 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam, 1990 HAL Westerdam

Old April 8th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by travln_isa View Post
Heyyyyyy
You are going the wrong way...
Please not earlier than 9am
My Old people have morning routines....
Hey im old and I too have a routine. But usually it consists of getting up early, coffee doing my business (not necessarily in that order). Then the sun comes up. I'll be up and ready whenever its time to march "Do Wah Diddy"

Tom

Old April 8th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by travln_isa View Post
Heyyyyyy
You are going the wrong way...
Please not earlier than 9am
My Old people have morning routines....
Old people~~heck, it's my young people I have to natter at to get moving! I swear those kids could sleep the day away. Oh wait, they do.........LOL

Quote:

Tom
Tom~~you stalker! Hahaha. Funny, my book club girls were talking about new restaurants in Tyson's and saying how good they were. So happy Karen get her dress~~exciting times for you both! I can't wait to see pictures of the wedding! Yesterday went to hell in a handbasket, got lots of projects half done, but none are finished~~but will be today!
Quote:

Tom
No food is worth $24/lb unless of course, it's chocolate

2013 CCL Fantasy 2013 CCL Glory 2013 CCL Destiny 2012 CCL Breeze (inaugural), 2011 CCL Legend, 2008 CCL Legend, 2007 CCL Glory, 2006 NCL Sun, 2004 CCL Victory, 2003 Grand, Princess, 2002 CCL Pride, 2000 HAL Amsterdam, 2000 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, 1999 CCL Destiny, 1998 HAL Veendam, 1997 CCL Fascination, 1994 HAL Maasdam~Inaugural, 1993 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam, 1990 HAL Westerdam

Old April 8th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Cool Cruiser

Wishing you all a happy and blessed Easter

Old April 8th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Cool Cruiser

Okay, lets talk chocolate. You know how most eclairs have a stripe of chocolate across the top. These had been dipped in chocolate. YUMM

Tom

Closed Thread