Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > BUCKEYE CRUZERS!!!! Where are ya, Ohio!?!?!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 6th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

It's Good Friday. Are you being good?

Among other stuff, it looks like we are also making cut-out cookies for the clan dinner on Easter. Along with the icing, Kathi wants to put people's names on them. This could be interesting.

You don't get to "delete" and start over when you made the first few letters WAY too big.

But one good thing; When you screw up a cookie, you get to eat it.

Old April 6th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

"Good Friday" to you all!

Dave: I get this feeling that you'll be making a LOT OF MISTAKES on your cookies. Once Kathi catches on to your antics I think you'll be demoted to packaging only.

Sunny and COLD here today. What's with this silly weather?? Bring back Global Warming already.

Off to get a fresh cup of coffee.

Old April 6th, 2012, 11:53 AM
5,000+ Club

Hello Everyone

Yes in deed it is, GOOD FRIDAY!! I hope each of you have a very Blessed Easter Weekend!!

Old April 6th, 2012, 11:03 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherdav View Post
Good morning, everyone!

I had an unexpected pleasant experience last evening.

I don't care what religion you are.....Just don't try and convert me. And don't be showing up at my door, to ask me religious questions.

So last night around 6:30 the door-bell goes off. (It's either UPS or someone trying to sell me something.)

I was met by a well dressed gentleman with good manners. And he didn't want to take up hardly any of my time. YES, he was with a well known religious group that is known for door-banging, and trying to get you in religious "conversations".

BUT, he only handed me a small pamphlet, informed me that his church was having a service on Thursday night to celebrate Easter, turned and left.

That was it! No bugging me about anything. It took less than 30 seconds.

I actually hope that there is a few extra people at their church service on tonight from this non-confrontational approach.

Dave
Interesting you feel that way, a lot of churches have went to this, must be a survey someone has done , our church passed out 2000 door hangers inviting people to Easter Services on sunday , no pressure , just Come if you like . we would like to see you.

Now we do have a big church in town that , they were giving away Cars , tvs , money computers $500 gift cards . I thought was interesting. But then that Church and there leader is how should I put it , way out there .

CountdownClockCodes.com

CountdownClockCodes.com

Crazy Caribbean Cruiser AOS 2013

Old April 7th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Cookie cutouts...yumm! Maybe I'll make some when I go home from work today. I made Jello jigglers eggs for Easter...someone gave me an egg mold years ago, and the kids loved the Jello eggs. I have gone through 5 boxes of jello and only have 9 eggs to show for it...the rest have gotten eaten as fast as I made them. We haven't dyed real eggs for ages because no one at our house ate them.
Explorer of the Seas - 2003; Voyager of the Seas - 2004; Adventure of the Seas - 2006; Majesty of the Seas - 2006; Enchantment of the Seas - 2007; Explorer of the Seas 2008; Majesty of the Seas - 2008; Grandeur of the Seas - 2008; Grandeur of the Seas - 2009; Freedom of the Seas - 2010; Majesty of the Seas B2B - 2010; Celebrity Century 2011; Jewel of the Seas 2011; Serenade of the Seas - 2012; Jewel of the Seas - 2012; Brilliance of the Seas - 2013; Celebrity Century B2B2B - 2014

Old April 7th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

[QUOTE
Dave: I get this feeling that you'll be making a LOT OF MISTAKES on your cookies. ][/quote]

You beat me to the comment K2.
Michael is coming over today and Tierney's are coming tonight. We will have Patty and her family tomorrow along with Michael.
Have a Happy Easter.

Old April 7th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Jello Jigglers; I'd forgotten about those. They are so cool! I don't think you ever get too old to be fascinated by them. Just one of those special treats.

Hey Steve, get me one of those $500 gift cards and I'll give the sermon at that church. And I'll get them so worked up that I'll heal them from diseases that don't exist.

My goodness Mike, you sure have a busy social calendar. How you stay so thin boggles my mind.

Hi to everyone else. And hope that if you only stay home on Easter, you'll have a wonderful day.

Dave

Old April 7th, 2012, 11:59 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Jello Jigglers; I'd forgotten about those. They are so cool! I don't think you ever get too old to be fascinated by them. Just one of those special treats.

Hey Steve, get me one of those $500 gift cards and I'll give the sermon at that church. And I'll get them so worked up that I'll heal them from diseases that don't exist.

My goodness Mike, you sure have a busy social calendar. How you stay so thin boggles my mind.

Hi to everyone else. And hope that if you only stay home on Easter, you'll have a wonderful day.

Dave
LOL I believe I saw a sign that said you must be present to win, I dont see my self ever setting foot in that church.

Happy Easter everyone I heard it was supposed tp be a nice day tomorrow . Enjoy the day with your families and have a great day.

CountdownClockCodes.com

CountdownClockCodes.com

Old April 8th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Happy Easter
to
all of you!!!
The score for the Royals is now 2-2 in the quest to win the first playoff round. Last game of the best of 5 is on Monday night. Wish the Royals the best!!!

Mike, I will be spending Easter with my son, DIL and grandsons. Should be a fun time!!!

Hope you are all well and have a blessed Easter.

Jewel 12/5/11
Majesty 4/26/10
Enchantment 10/3/09
Sovereign 9/26/08
Adventure 5/4/08
Radiance 12/16/07
Enchantment 5/7/07
Jewel 10/31/06
Grandeur 11/6/04
Serenade 10/30/03
Grandeur 11/23/02
Enchantment 1/13/02

Old April 8th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Happy Easter and Passover to all. May it be a blessed day.
7/19/03 CARNIVAL GLORY EXOTIC W. CAR.
11/18/04 CARNIVAL FANTASY
9/4/05 RCCL ENCHANTMENT CANADA/NEW ENGLAND
8/26/06 RCCL SS
2/12/07 CARNIVAL ELATION,
8/26/2007 CARNIVAL LIBERTY
5/5/2008 rccl ss
6/19/ 2008 rccl enchantment key west/cozumel
8/25/2008 rccl ss,
11/30/2008 Carnival Freedom
key west,grand cayman, ocho rios
5/11/09 RCCL Monarch, Bahamas
9/25/2009 RCCL Monarch, Bahamas
12/13/2009 holland zuiderdam panama canal
2/20/2010 RCCL Grandeur
8/28/2010 RCCL Grandeur
12/12/10 Ruby Princess
05/23/2011 Carnival Fasination Key west/Bahamas
9/19/11 RCCL Monarch, Bahamas
12/12/11 Carnival Miracle to Aruba
4/28/12 Carnival Ecstacy
9/16/ 12 Carnival Freedom
11/24/12 Holland Eurodam
12/8/ 12 RCCL Jewel of the Sea
7/19/13 Birthday cruise on Enchantment!
11/10 13 HAL EURODAM B2B
March 3rd. 2014 First time cruising Celebrity Constellation
May 5th RCCL Enchantment Jay's birthday cruise 2014
September 1st. Bermuda 10 day cruise on VOS

Old April 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Happy Easter to everyone!

I hope it's a relaxing and comfortable day for you.

Old April 8th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

happy easter

Old April 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Cool Cruiser

Enjoy the time with your family GM. Sorry your Royals lost.
It's going to be pretty nice today, mid 60s.

Old April 8th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Happy Easter!

Just a short message to my Buckeye friends. Have a wonderful day.

NCL SS Norway - Oct 1983; NCL MS Starward - Sept 1984; BSL Bermuda Star - Oct 1985; NCL MS Seaward - Oct 1989; RCI Monarch of the Seas - Oct 1997; CCL Inspiration - Easter 2003

Old April 8th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Happy Easter to everyone.

I need to listen to my sister. She kept telling me to get my shower and cleaned up. I ignored her and sat at kitchen table drinking my cup of coffee.

In walks Randy Jenn and Kids. Was I expecting them nope, guess I should have listened to my sister. Who was kind enough to not comment on me not dressed.

Old April 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Happy Easter to you all.

I went to church and celebrated Eastern Othodox PALM SUNDAY today. Our Easter is next week. Lots of people showed up to church today....I think they didn't know the difference!! (You know....those 2 times a year people can never get anything straight) Ha Ha

Choir's annual Palm Sunday bake sale made $950 NET PROFIT today. Not bad for a couple hours of work.

Later all........enjoy your Chocolate bunnies!!

Old April 8th, 2012, 10:29 PM
10,000+ Club

Wow what a wonderful day. Church service was great , one of the best Easter services I ever remember.

Then we packed up and went to Zanesville to spend the day with Jayne's family her mom is 90 and still living on her own. I wish I was in her shape now LOL. Really gals she was able to spend some quality time with her.

CountdownClockCodes.com

CountdownClockCodes.com

Old April 9th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

What did you have in those cakes and pies K2, precious gems? $950 is a nice chunk of change for a bake sale. And since your Eastern Orthodox Easter isn't till next weekend, time to hit the stores for that 1/2 of Easter candy.

Our clan dinner went well, with the usual overabundance of food. I'd say that only half of what was there was eaten. So everybody left with a doggy bag.

And I'm guessing that most of you had ham. Where did that tradition come from? But when I talked to my daughter in Arizona, they had ribs and chicken.

Dave

Old April 9th, 2012, 11:08 AM
5,000+ Club

Hello and Good Morning Everyone!!!

Glad everybody had a good Easter Sunday. We too, had a great Church Service Yesterday.

Kathie - I may want to talk to you about the Bake Sale that you all did. Our Youth Group is going over some Fund Raiser Ideas and I thought of a Bake Sale and wrote a proposal for it. We are trying to take our youth on a trip to Washington DC, the first weekend in August and need some $$$ to help with expenses.

I wish you all a Great Day!

Old April 9th, 2012, 12:21 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
What did you have in those cakes and pies K2, precious gems? $950 is a nice chunk of change for a bake sale. And since your Eastern Orthodox Easter isn't till next weekend, time to hit the stores for that 1/2 of Easter candy.

Our clan dinner went well, with the usual overabundance of food. I'd say that only half of what was there was eaten. So everybody left with a doggy bag.

And I'm guessing that most of you had ham. Where did that tradition come from? But when I talked to my daughter in Arizona, they had ribs and chicken.

Dave
We got our Ham from GFS they have THE BEST spiral glazed hams .not sure why people wait in line and pay over $5 a lb at Honeybaked stores . I have had thier hams yes they are good but GFS hams just as good are always on sale holiday weeks for like $1.49 lb. man they are great. They only carry them on Easter ,Christmas and maybe Thanksgiving , not sure.

CountdownClockCodes.com

CountdownClockCodes.com