Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old April 11th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Murder Mystery Supper IoS

Right I intend to try and get babysitting for one night for my filth monsters whilst we are on IoS. On that evening I would like to do something that involves wine, laughter and entertainment. I would also like to treat my sister for putting up with me and my children for 10 days in a cabin 181 sq ft. I love my children and I'm not sure I want to share a cabin with them for 10 days.

So, who here has done the murder mystery evening? Would you recommend it? Is it worth forking out for babysitting (i.e. extra cash)? Was the wine included? Did you have to sign up before you cruised (might be difficult for us as I can't confirm babysitting until on board)

Want to know both good and bad opinions on it. Plus anything you did to make it more enjoyable? If you have done it recently on IoS then even better.

Old April 11th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey there

Got off the Independence today and we did the murder mystery dinner!

We booked it before the cruise as we knew it was a very popular activity and it would fill up fast!

The wine is included with the dinner fee.

With regards to babysitting, there was a couple who had a 4 yr old son and they mentioned that the Adventure Ocean mind children til 2am with a fee of $5 per hour. (I may have a few minor points wrong here but that's what was described to us and personally think its a great facility!!)

At the beginning of the 'show' it seemed quite over acted however as it went on the comical side really took over and it was fantastic and hilarious! Highly recommended!!!
Sailed Explorer of the Seas - Bahamas March 2013
Sailed Brilliance of the Seas - Norweigan Fjords July 2012
Sailed Adventure of the Seas - Western Med June 2012
Sailed Independence of the Seas - April 2012
Sailed Splendour of the Seas - Greek Isles - August 2011
Sailed Mariner of the Seas - Greece/ Turkey/Italy - April 2011
Sailed Adventure of the Seas - Western Med August 2010
Sailed Brilliance of the Seas - Dubai April 2010
Sailed Serenade of the Seas - Alaska June 2009
Sailed Freedom of the Seas - Caribbean 2008
Sailed Voyager of the Seas - Eastern Med 2007
Sailed Splendour of the Seas - Greek Isles - June 2006

Old April 11th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra1975 View Post
Right I intend to try and get babysitting for one night for my filth monsters whilst we are on IoS. On that evening I would like to do something that involves wine, laughter and entertainment. I would also like to treat my sister for putting up with me and my children for 10 days in a cabin 181 sq ft. I love my children and I'm not sure I want to share a cabin with them for 10 days.

So, who here has done the murder mystery evening? Would you recommend it? Is it worth forking out for babysitting (i.e. extra cash)? Was the wine included? Did you have to sign up before you cruised (might be difficult for us as I can't confirm babysitting until on board)

Want to know both good and bad opinions on it. Plus anything you did to make it more enjoyable? If you have done it recently on IoS then even better.
Hi there (we sailed Jan 12)

The Murder Mystery evening, consisted of pre diner drinks within the Viking Lounge, twenty minutes of performance from the actors to set the scene, then we were taken to Portifinos for the start of our meal, and there was more acting between each course, there had been a murder we had to guess, free wine through out, four course meal was $49 a head, we thought is was great value and so recommend, everyone really enjoyed this evening, very entertaining and was such great fun, I would allow 3/4 hours.....

Mark x

+

PAST CRUISES:

14th May 2014, Brilliance of the Seas, Baltic | 21st September 2013, Independence of the Seas, Mediterranean | 3rd May 2013, Celebrity Eclipse, Norwegian Fjords | 31st October 2012, Independence of the Seas, Canary Islands | 5th May 2012, Independence of the Seas, Cork Ireland | 2nd May 2012, Independence of the Seas, Le Havre France | 10th January 2012, Independence of the Seas, Canary Islands | 10th August 2011, Jewel of the Seas, Baltic | 30th April 2011, Independence of the Seas, Cork Ireland | 27th April 2011, Independence of the Seas, Le Havre France | 8th January 2011, Independence of the Seas, Ultimate Mediterranean | 28th August 2010, Independence of the Seas, Cork Ireland | 2nd June 2010, Independence of the Seas, Le Havre France | 29th May 2010, Independence of the Seas, Cork Ireland | 29th April 2010, Celebrity Eclipse, Cork Ireland | 1st November 2009, Independence of the Seas, Canary Islands | 9th May 2009, Independence of the Seas, Mediterranean Treasures | 2nd May 2008, Independence of the Seas, Cork Ireland

Last edited by beardedladies; April 11th, 2012 at 01:46 PM.

Old April 11th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you for the responses, I think I am going to do this if they still have space when we board.

MaiTaiQueen welcome back! I hope you had a lovely time. Our youngest is not old enough for the Adventure programme so we would have to use babysitting and the price is the same for 2 as it is for 1 child.

Old April 19th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

I am on the same cruise and we also hope to do it, do you know what night it is on? I have tried to find it online to pre book but can't see it, unless I am looking in the wrong place!

Old April 19th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hiya, sorry don't know which night it is on (usually one of the formals I THINK).

If you go into your cruise account on RCCI go to view reservation and then under Pre-Cruise Planner click on Speciality Restaurants & Dining Experiences and it is on that page. We are going but can't book until we get babysitting set up onboard.