Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Brilliance 12/21/07 Cruisers (Carib and Panama Canal)

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Brilliance 12/21/07 Cruisers (Carib and Panama Canal) Folks who sailed on the Brilliance 12/21/07 & Friends

Old April 7th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Hi

Hi everybody; what ever you are celebrating, be thankful and enjoy your family and friends: tomorrow it's like a ?
We don't know what it will bring!
Love and hugs to all...
Franca

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old April 8th, 2012, 07:47 AM
20,000+ Club

Hello all,

Finally we are sailing. I'm in the lounge right now, and it's early, but not as early as I would like it, as there are people here. I like nice peaceful quiet early in the morning.
We were delayed boarding yesterday, the virus is all around, because last week they had 800 children. So germs spread like wild fire. Now we are on a clean, clean ship approaching the island of Tortolla. Mountains are lumming up in the back ground. Pat and I have choosen to go on a scenic tour of the island today. It is a four hour trip, in an air conditioned (I'm hoping) bus, all around the island with a few stops. I think it should be interesting. Everyone says that I should have gone to the baths, but Nina and Marilynn are going there today, so I will get a full report, and then when I'm here next time, I will visit them if their report is good.
Boarding was awful. I think Royal really dropped the ball here. We were the very first people to arrive at the port and I believe among the last of the first arrivers to board. It seems that they had no wheel chairs available. So Pat and I and another family waited for over an hour while every one else boarded the ship. No wheel chairs to be seen. It would not have been that bad, except I was at the port super early, because I really thought, well everything is slow in San Juan. The bell person was at my door when I hung up the phone, the taxi driver was speedy Gonzalaous and we were at the port by 10 past 9 in the morning. That's a long time to wait when you don't board until a little after 12:30PM, and you have just watched droves and droves of people board, you've watched people go through customs and check in and board, it's very annoying, because everyone wants to be on the ship, and there we were.

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one" John Lennon (Imagine)
"We are here, we are here for all of us, that's why we're here" Alicia Keys

Old April 8th, 2012, 07:54 AM
20,000+ Club

Finally a chair arrived and both waiting families were very happy! I was greated on the ship by the food and beverages manager, named Fred, who appologized and took us dirrectly to our cabin. He gave Pat a nice free soda package, so she was thrilled and he ordered us two cheese plates so we did not have to go out of our cabin, we could just relax. We all agreed that the matter was now offically dropped. Ted left telling us to call him if there was ANYTHING we needed. Now that's what I'm talking about! How wonderful is Royal. I am always so pleased with them.
Jane I said hello to Francois for you, he smiled and remembers you, so hello back. Franca I did not tell him you said hello, nor did I bring up your name as you were not as in awe of him as Jane and I seem to be.

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one" John Lennon (Imagine)

Old April 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM
10,000+ Club

Just a quick hello from the airport in FLL. On the way home. Rev......welcome to our world of airline travel. That's all old news to us! Glad Francois is taking care of you.

Lots to tell about our trip. Gotta go right now.

Up Next

Jewel of the Seas ~ Nov. 29, 2014
Jewel of the Seas ~ Dec. 6, 2014
Explorer of the Seas ~ Dec. 27, 2014
Explorer of the Seas ~ Jan. 4, 2015
Anthem of the Seas ~ May 6. 2015
Serenade of the Seas ~ Dec. 4, 2015

Old April 9th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmith View Post
Finally a chair arrived and both waiting families were very happy! I was greated on the ship by the food and beverages manager, named Fred, who appologized and took us dirrectly to our cabin. He gave Pat a nice free soda package, so she was thrilled and he ordered us two cheese plates so we did not have to go out of our cabin, we could just relax. We all agreed that the matter was now offically dropped. Ted left telling us to call him if there was ANYTHING we needed. Now that's what I'm talking about! How wonderful is Royal. I am always so pleased with them.
Jane I said hello to Francois for you, he smiled and remembers you, so hello back. Franca I did not tell him you said hello, nor did I bring up your name as you were not as in awe of him as Jane and I seem to be.
Rev, glad that you are on board, safe and sound! Don't think that we will do the b2b from SJ in Dec... To much hassle to get there, and I don't want to have to deal with an unhappy hubby!!! But, we will see: it's a long way from now!!! I don't think the Francois remembers me or Doris, for that matter; we talked to him more about you, and told him that you and Pat were cruising at this time; he remembered about the wheelchair ramp and whatever....
So, not biggy....Just glad that he will take care of you and Pat, the way the you should be treated: like a cruise CRUISE QUEEN, as you are one IMHO.... Have fun Rev and Pat, and think of us, if you have the time... Hahaha
Franca

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old April 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Hello!!!

Hey, where is everybody gone??? I know that REV is on a cruise, but where 's the rest of us???
Very lonely here....
Franca

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old April 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM
10,000+ Club

I'm here! Hoping that Rev would post again. I want to hear about what's happening on the Serenade. What kind of cabin do you have, Rev?

Trying to adjust back to life on land. Back to work today. It was brutal. No one made my breakfast. And you should see how my "cabin steward" made the bed today! Oh well....at least he made it.

Still working on pictures. Can't get started on the review until I get all the pictures sorted. But, Andrea......you are in for a treat in July. It's quite a ship. Lots to like about it. I still like the smaller ships better, though.....meaning Radiance Class.

Up Next

Old April 10th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by max'smom View Post
I'm here! Hoping that Rev would post again. I want to hear about what's happening on the Serenade. What kind of cabin do you have, Rev?

Trying to adjust back to life on land. Back to work today. It was brutal. No one made my breakfast. And you should see how my "cabin steward" made the bed today! Oh well....at least he made it.

Still working on pictures. Can't get started on the review until I get all the pictures sorted. But, Andrea......you are in for a treat in July. It's quite a ship. Lots to like about it. I still like the smaller ships better, though.....meaning Radiance Class.
Jane, at least you have a 'cabin steward' to make your bed!!!! Glad that you 'liked' the Allure; we love the Oasis more and Bill, after the BIG ships, can't get used to the smaller ones: no to many places to go and eat; we don't like the DR anymore....
Oh well, he needs to like the smaller ships, because we have the 3 BR coming up!!! (sept and Dec)
Well, can't wait for your review of the Allure: just want to see what you have to say about her!!!
Have a great night,
Franca

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old April 10th, 2012, 10:10 PM
10,000+ Club

Franca......I'm with you. The dining room is just yukky to me most of the time. I think the Grandeur is getting some of the new Specialty restaturants, so I am hoping to go there this summer. But the Adventure only has Portofino unless something changes between now and December. Don't know what we will do then.

Up Next

Old April 11th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Franca......I'm with you. The dining room is just yukky to me most of the time. I think the Grandeur is getting some of the new Specialty restaturants, so I am hoping to go there this summer. But the Adventure only has Portofino unless something changes between now and December. Don't know what we will do then.
Well, the Grandeur will get most of the restaurants as of
Oasis/Allure: we love Giovanni's table the best, and can't wait until all the ships will have (almost every ships will have it)
Are you going on Adventure in Dec? from SJ? Why not going on BR, then?
We are on BR in Dec, but it will be on the 1 and 8: too bad that you can't take that time off; maybe next year?
Hope that everybody's doing well!
Hope to see your review soon: I love them!!!
Franca

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:

Jane,
I have an OS, very nice. I have to move next door in two more days, but Elvis, my Cabin Steward and I meet to day and we have it all figured out. We have been following your plan the last two days and it is working really nice. Pat loved the Beach you sent her to in Barbatos, but it has changed owners. things are VERY expensive on this island. Dominicia is my favorite island so far.
No big fan fare for me turning Pinnacle, not even dinner with the captain, I'm not used to such treatment, but Serenade is going and so I won't miss her, I will however miss the lovely staff and Francois. He is beside himself cruising in Europe, he has all his friends lined up. He is TOO much. I just love him.
Have to go now. Welcome home, and I'll be home before I know it.
Rev

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15

Old April 12th, 2012, 07:46 PM
10,000+ Club

Glad you are having a good time, Rev. We've not noticed Barbados being that expensive! What did you do on Dominica. I hope that y'all were or will be able to go out to Valley Church Beach on Antigua.....It's the best! Well.....all my beach suggestions are hard to beat.

Trying my best to start on this review, but something keeps getting in my way.

Trainman/Jim is on board the Jewel right now doing a review.

We tried our best to go on the Serenade this summer in Europe, but the itinerary of the Grandeur suited us better.

We got nothing, nada, zip, zero on the Allure!! We were like nobodies!

Up Next

Last edited by max'smom; April 12th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Old April 12th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Hi

Hi to all, I just wrote a long post and it's gone: no writing that again!
Jane waiting for your review!!!
Rev glad that you and Pat are having great time!
Hi to the rest... Come and visit some time!
Franca

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old April 13th, 2012, 11:30 AM
20,000+ Club

It's Friday, the Internet is very spotty, so I often have difficulty getting on. We are having a special brunch at Chops at 10:45, I've never done this before so I will let you know how it goes.
It's a lovely day, and I am soooooooo glad we are finally at sea.
Have a good one.
Rev

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15

Old April 13th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

WAH. It is raining and cold. Michael called that he got downtown okay. It was "spitting" then and sunny downtown. It is coming down in buckets here. Stay dry ya'all!

Quiet weekend planned. Need to buy a shower gift tomorrow and this young woman has registered in strange places: Restoration Hardware, Amazon and Bloomingdales. There is only one Bloomingdales for miles around so I guess I will be trekking there tomorrow. It won't be a total loss as it will be a new mall to investigate. We are having a quiet dinner with friends at night.

I know Rev is enjoying herself on the cruise. What are the rest of you doing?

Jane - I am waiting for your review.
Franca - How is Bill doing?

The rest of you- Where are you?

Old April 13th, 2012, 07:51 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Law View Post
WAH. It is raining and cold. Michael called that he got downtown okay. It was "spitting" then and sunny downtown. It is coming down in buckets here. Stay dry ya'all!

Quiet weekend planned. Need to buy a shower gift tomorrow and this young woman has registered in strange places: Restoration Hardware, Amazon and Bloomingdales. There is only one Bloomingdales for miles around so I guess I will be trekking there tomorrow. It won't be a total loss as it will be a new mall to investigate. We are having a quiet dinner with friends at night.

I know Rev is enjoying herself on the cruise. What are the rest of you doing?

Jane - I am waiting for your review.
Franca - How is Bill doing?

The rest of you- Where are you?
If you lived in my neck of the woods, these stores are right around the corner, no problem. Glad you are going to have a good time shopping for a gift, as you need the rest and relaxation of a good old shopping trip.
We are on the last day of our cruise, this is the day that everyone else packs up their bags and get ready to get off the ship, and we just enjoy the evening and smile!
I love this ship, it is so much like our Brilliance. Today I passed by the cabin that John and I had and the one that you and Michael had, which was right next to it. That brought back so many pleasent memories. Remember that beautiful full moon?
What a wonderful time we all had on that cruise. It's a shame that so many of us don't come on any more, it would be so nice, but as a famous author once wrote, "You Can't Go Home Again." so sad, but so true.
Speaking of books, the best, best, best book I have read in a long while is number one on the NY Times Best Seller List, it's called Drift, and it is wonderful. It's a page turner and a good read, packed with so much interesting information. I highly reccommend it, wonderful.

OK, that's all for now, take care and have a lovely evening. I love the CL and Francios, it is so nice to have a sea day.
Rev

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15

Old April 13th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Hi there

Hello, how is everybody? We are doing just fine; the weather it's hot and the pools are being used a lot;
This morning went to a pool Zumba class: my luck, the instructor called that she was not coming! Well, I'll try again next week!
Other them that, it's the same old, same old! We had our taxes done, and what we paid, it was almost the same of the refund; and all, because they needed to key few extra numbers, due to my stock loss, last year!!
Well, wishing Rev and Pat a great cruise, again!
Jane, I can't wait for YOUR review;
Andrea, have fun shopping!
Cheryl, enjoy searching the Internet for video and comments to post on FB!
Karen, what's up with you guy?
Barry, no new camera, yet???
Have a great week end, everybody
Franca

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old April 13th, 2012, 11:04 PM
10,000+ Club

OK guys.......I've got it started.......it will take me all week-end so keep checking back!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33345276&posted=1#post33345276

Up Next

Old April 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM
5,000+ Club

jane,
great pic's...makes wish I was on a boat.....no new camera yet....doing the research, will have one for the cruise for sure.....looking at all the stuff to do on oasis...like a speacia lbreakfest spot line we had on othe ships for diamond/suite guests...love the private spot....where the good lunch spots are ...speacial dining options...etc......so much to do on this ship...zip line, water shows.....all psyched up and ready to go

Oasis of the Seas-3/13
Explorer of the Seas-12/09
Explorer of the Seas-12/08
Brilliance of the Seas-12/07
Jewel of the Seas-4/07
Radiance of the Seas-8/06
Jewel of the Seas-4/05
Staten Island Ferry to Manhattan- 5/98-3/11
Spirit of New Jersey 8/97

Diamond Member

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
OK guys.......I've got it started.......it will take me all week-end so keep checking back!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=33345276&posted=1#post33345276
Hi Jane, glad that you started your review; I think it's the best; I really don't care about how much people weight or what they are eating.... Hahaha
I read the whole thing, so far, and I love it!!! Keep it going.. Thanks

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers