Posted April 18th, 2012, 11:21 PM
You're right, it has been quiet. I went to my dentist yesterday and he took an Alaskan cruise. He described the inside passage as "everywhere you look is a picture postcard." We live on the ocean and there are seagulls all around the boats. He said in Alaska it's eagles. He said I'm going to be absolutely amazed. I asked him about packing and he said jeans. flannel shirts, gloves, hat, no shorts at all. I can't believe how soon it will be here. Hooray is right! Bill, are the girls getting excited?
I think everyone is right...it is a picture postcard kind of trip. And the packing suggestions he gave seem to be right in line with what I had intended to pack. I do intend to pack some long sleeve pullover shirts also. I am very hot natured and while I will pack a flannel shirt or 2, I tend to like the lighter style myself with a jacket.
I texted the girls the other day when we hit 90 days and they both went WOW !!!! So Excited.!!!!
So yep we are all on the 'countdown' for sure !!!!
Hey Matt...... do you have 'Connections'
with River Cruises??? I'm planning a river cruise through Germany next August or September 2013 and of course am looking at all my options.
FOR THOSE ON The Celebrity Millennium - 6/29/2018 - Alaska
Meet and Greet Info & Signup
If a minimum of 25 people are registered, you will receive a confirmation email and you will have an opportunity to meet your new Cruise Critic friends on board at the Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections party. Light refreshments, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks will be provided, compliments of Celebrity. A bar will be available to purchase alcoholic beverages. If your party does not reach the 25 person minimum, you will receive a cancellation email.
Click Here to Email Me
- Aug 1993 - Alaska Inside Passage - via Vancouver - 'Original' Star Princess
- July 2009 - Baltics (Dover, England to St.Petersburg, Russia) NCL Jewel
- July 15, 2012 - Alaska Inside Passage - via Seattle - NCL Pearl
- September 1st 2013 - Castles Along the Rhine - Uniworld's 'SS Antoinette'
- June 4, 2014 - Rome/Mediterranean - NCL Epic (roundtrip)
- February 10, 2015 - (Coastal) LA - Ensenada, Mex - Crown Princess (Linda)
- March 27, 2016 - Panama Canal - Miami to San Diego - Celebrity Infinity
- September 30, 2016 - New England (Fall Colors) - Quebec City to Boston - NCL Dawn
- March 9, 2017 - California Coastal - with Catalina Island - Star Princess
- February 16, 2018 - Panama Canal - Miami to Los Angeles - NCL Star
- June 23, 2018 - Alaska Land/Cruise - Fairbanks to Vancouver - Celebrity Millennium
Our Bucket List:
- Pacific NW - Columbia River Cruise via American Empress