Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old April 12th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Eclipse - CC host or hostess?

Does anyone know who has replaced Chandru on Eclipse? Have been reading posts from returning pax.but no one seems to have mentioned this. Thanks much.

Anne

Old April 12th, 2012, 10:48 PM
5,000+ Club

I was not even aware that their was a Social Hostess when we were on the Eclipse late February. I miss them! There was a CC lady that took reservations for future cruises, though.

Old April 13th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

There is always a Cpt. Club host or hostess to take care of the Cpt. Club members. On your Feb. cruise it should have been Chandru, who is just excellent.

Anyone out there know who is on Eclipse now? Anyone???

Anne

Last edited by cruiseacecat; April 13th, 2012 at 09:41 PM.

Old April 15th, 2012, 12:53 PM
5,000+ Club

Yes, I think that must have been Chandru. We went to see her to book a future cruise, and she was missing in action. I did not consider her to be the social hostess, though. Maybe so, but never saw her out and about mingling with passengers like they have in the past.

Old April 15th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Chandru is a male from India. Probably not the cruise sales person you are referring to. He is usually everywhere at once. Hope you get to meet him on another cruise. A really nice, really hard working young man.

Anne

Old April 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

We have been on three Eclipse cruises. 2 were 14 days in length and we have never seen or been contacted by the C.C. Hostess. We were C.C. Members having already been on the Galaxy and the Summit.
We too did not realise one was on every ship until last years 12 day Venice cruise on the Sostice. Donna, the C.C. Hostess, was fabulous she made the cruise special by making sure we knew of events and offers open to C.C. Members. After complementing her on her help we asked if this service was being introduced on all solstice class ships and we were surprised to find out it was already in operation.

We are going on a 14 day Baltic cruise in 3 months time and would like to know who the hostess/host is?

Thanks

Old April 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseacecat View Post
Chandru is a male from India. Probably not the cruise sales person you are referring to. He is usually everywhere at once. Hope you get to meet him on another cruise. A really nice, really hard working young man.

Anne
We met Chandru on Century during a Med cruise in Sept 2010, he was outstanding! Does anyone know where he currently is????

RCCL Diamond-Celebrity Elite
Past Cruises:-CelebritySolstice 08/30/2013, Carnival Inspiration 11/02/12, Celebrity Century 05/05/12, Disney Wonder 01/21/2011, Celebrity Century 09/07/10-12 night Med, Radiance of the Seas 09/30/09, Carnival Spirit 01/31/09, Sovereign of the Seas 09/01/08, Celebrity Galaxy 03/17/08, Monarch or the Sea- 01/04/08, 10/08/07, 06/08/07, Enchantment of the Seas 04/14/07, Jewel of the Seas 01/27/07, Vision of the Seas 03/2006, Majesty of the Seas 10/05, Splendour of the Seas 11/04, Nordic Empress 4/01, Viking Serenade 05/00

Old April 15th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Does anyone know who has replaced Chandru on Eclipse? Have been reading posts from returning pax.but no one seems to have mentioned this. Thanks much.

Anne
Just got back, her name was Aurora.

Celebrity Infinity-June 29, 2012,Celebrity Eclipse-April 2012,Celebrity Constellation-June 2011, Celebrity Summit-April 2011, Celebrity Infinity - July 2010,Celebrity Summit-June 2009, Celebrity Solstice-April 2009, Celebrity Solstice-December 2008, Celebrity Summit--March 2008, Crowne Princess--December 2006, Sapphire Princess--August 2005, Adventurer of the Seas--December 2004, Celebrity Infinity--April 2002, Celebrity Mercury--July 2001

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVfromAZ View Post
We met Chandru on Century during a Med cruise in Sept 2010, he was outstanding! Does anyone know where he currently is????
He is at home on vacation now. Do not know what his next ship will be yet.

Anne

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteymil View Post
Just got back, her name was Aurora.
Peteymil,

Thank You So Much!!!! She is new to me and she has such a hard act to follow. Looking forward to meeting her.

Anne

Old April 15th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshfamily View Post
We have been on three Eclipse cruises. 2 were 14 days in length and we have never seen or been contacted by the C.C. Hostess. We were C.C. Members having already been on the Galaxy and the Summit.
We too did not realise one was on every ship until last years 12 day Venice cruise on the Sostice. Donna, the C.C. Hostess, was fabulous she made the cruise special by making sure we knew of events and offers open to C.C. Members. After complementing her on her help we asked if this service was being introduced on all solstice class ships and we were surprised to find out it was already in operation.

We are going on a 14 day Baltic cruise in 3 months time and would like to know who the hostess/host is?

Thanks
Donna is one of the very best. I hope to meet her again. Just excellent.

Anne

Old April 15th, 2012, 10:21 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:

Anne
The person we saw around the ship was def. a female. Never knew there were male Social Host.

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
There is always a Cpt. Club host or hostess to take care of the Cpt. Club members.
Anne
Don't take this as a negative, but I've always thought that the only purpose of a CC host was to sell future cruises. Seriously, are there any other responsibilities that they have?

Old April 16th, 2012, 07:52 AM
5,000+ Club

Future Cruise staff are different than the Captain's Club host/hostess. Some of the CC hosts can do Future Cruise bookings but not all have been trained to do so. The CC hosts are there to greet Elite members at the breakfast, and at the cocktail hour. Usually they are at the door at the cocktail hour checking id (if they don't know you by sight). They are at their desk for certain hours each day to explain the Captain's Club program, to check on your status if you are unclear, and to help investigate cruise history discrepancies. Also they coordinate the parties with recognition of the top cruiser(s) on each cruise.

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisestitch View Post
Future Cruise staff are different than the Captain's Club host/hostess. Some of the CC hosts can do Future Cruise bookings but not all have been trained to do so. The CC hosts are there to greet Elite members at the breakfast, and at the cocktail hour. Usually they are at the door at the cocktail hour checking id (if they don't know you by sight). They are at their desk for certain hours each day to explain the Captain's Club program, to check on your status if you are unclear, and to help investigate cruise history discrepancies. Also they coordinate the parties with recognition of the top cruiser(s) on each cruise.
Okay, that explains it for me. I'm not Elite. I was close to getting there with RCCL which would have transferred over, but before I could, they changed their rules and now I'm no where near what I would need to be at. I'll have 8 credits after my next cruise in October, but they will undoubtedly change the rules before I get to Elite.