Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old April 12th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default aq on silhouette

for those that have been in an aq suite on thhis ship and below a public deck--was noise from above an issue?

Old April 12th, 2012, 08:37 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Jay View Post
Since Blu is open seating, how do they seat suite passengers based on the current availability without knowing how many AQ pax may yet arrive and when?

Related to that, if we're dining in a specialty restaurant on a given night, at what point should we let the Blu staff know? Is it okay to stop by and let them know on our way to dinner, or do they ideally need to know earlier in the day?

Thanks.

Many people in Blu let the maitre d' know the night before if they will be at a Spec. Rest the next night. That way they will know you won't be there. I've been in Blu on three cruises and on each one they are usually very busy between 6:30 and 8:00. If you arrive around 6 or after 8 you should have no problem as a suite guest....I've only seen one turned away and the restaurant was full that time....

Old April 12th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf View Post
for those that have been in an aq suite on thhis ship and below a public deck--was noise from above an issue?
Which ship ? You haven't specified any ship, any room or any itinerary. Really hard to give you specific answers. . .

Old April 13th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default aq

On Silhouette

Old April 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

As regards breakfast in Blu for suite guests - on our recent cruise we had absolutely no problem getting seating and there is no charge. We absolutely loved it - great service and great food. Unfortunately we could not do the dinner as our traveling companion had a CC room and they would not allow her to dine with us in Blu, even though it was not really crowded on that particular cruise.

Old April 13th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie115 View Post
Many people in Blu let the maitre d' know the night before if they will be at a Spec. Rest the next night. That way they will know you won't be there. I've been in Blu on three cruises and on each one they are usually very busy between 6:30 and 8:00. If you arrive around 6 or after 8 you should have no problem as a suite guest....I've only seen one turned away and the restaurant was full that time....
Thanks, but I guess I'm really asking "by when do they need to know." When on vacation, we'd rather not have to necessarily commit to our dining plans 24 hours or more in advance. If we could just let them know that same evening without it causing some kind of inconvenience (though I can't imagine what that might be), that would be good to know. Though of course if we did happen to make alternative plans in advance for some reason, we'd certainly let them know.

Thanks.

Old April 13th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Frankly, it never occurred to us to even mention it to the staff in Blu if we decided to eat elsewhere on a given evening. On our particular cruise (westbound transatlantic), there was no chance of getting a table before 7:30 and then it was wide open for the rest of the evening. The Maitre D' told us that there was always a line waiting at 6:00 p.m. and every table was filled by 6:10 p.m.

When we've used traditional dining, we've generally mentioned to the staff ahead of time that we would be elsewhere the following evening. Since Blu is open seating, we did not see the need.

Old April 13th, 2012, 08:38 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Jay View Post
Thanks, but I guess I'm really asking "by when do they need to know." When on vacation, we'd rather not have to necessarily commit to our dining plans 24 hours or more in advance. If we could just let them know that same evening without it causing some kind of inconvenience (though I can't imagine what that might be), that would be good to know. Though of course if we did happen to make alternative plans in advance for some reason, we'd certainly let them know.

Thanks.

I think the only way to answer that is when you know. There is no rule though and I'm sure they factor in people in the Spec. Rest. in their seating anyway. The biggest reason we did is because we liked one particular table and we didn't want them holding it for us unnecessarily. We sat at the same table for 10 out of 12 nights and they always held it, so we just thought they should know so they didn't do that needlessly.