Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > St. Thomas/St. John

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 14th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Seeing seahorses in St. Thomas snorkelling?

Does anyone know if its possible to sea seahorses in St. Thomas, prefer snorkelling but would be open to scuba diving. Years ago a woman who dove out of the same shop I used told me there were seahorses all over a dock she dove in St. John. I'm hoping I might find something similar in St. Thomas. I've always wanted to sea a seahorse that's not in an aqaurium tank. I realize there is no guarantee of seeing any sea life on a dive but was hoping there might be somewhere in St. Thomas where there's a good chance I might spot one. Prefer snorkelling but if the only seahorse sightings or more likely by scuba diving I'm open to that too. Or even that underwater scooter thing I saw on another thread. Are equipment rentals reasonable/easy to locate? Might bring my mask and snorkel but the fins are huge, and well we all know about flying with luggage and keeping things to a minimum! We'll be on the Emerald Princess if the cruise line makes a difference but we prefer not to stick with a ship sponsored excursion.