Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Friends who sailed Emerald S Caribbean Oct 21, 2008

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old February 15th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by margord View Post
Congratulations! Is this the one we saw the wedding pictures just a few years ago? The one with the interesting mother-in-law?

Marilee
Thanks Marilee! Yes that's the one you saw pictures of. I just sent you an email.

Donna

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 21st, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Good morning to you too.

Been meaning to tell you all that I'm going to be a grandma for the 3rd time. Our youngest daughter is having her 1st. We are super excited. Big day is in July.

Donna

wonderful news - another little person to spoil......you must be so excited.

Old February 21st, 2012, 11:43 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latimer View Post
wonderful news - another little person to spoil......you must be so excited.
Very excited and less than 2 weeks until we find out if it's a girl or a boy!

Old February 27th, 2012, 06:28 AM
10,000+ Club

So much excitement with grandbabies. I think Marilee is currently in 7th heaven with this new and first granddaughter.

Marilee

Old February 28th, 2012, 06:08 AM
10,000+ Club

Good Morning,

I have been so very busy. I have been working lots of extra hours on a special project. We are heading tot he beach this weekend (after working all last weekend). It will be a nice change.

Marilee

Old February 29th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Good Morning,

I have been so very busy. I have been working lots of extra hours on a special project. We are heading tot he beach this weekend (after working all last weekend). It will be a nice change.

Marilee
Marilee, Have a great time at the beach this weekend.

We leave next Friday for our Hawaii cruise. I can't wait. Just having trouble getting the packing done.

Take care all,
Donna

Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi
well you all know my good news and I am trying to get my ahead around the idea of making the wedding this December,,, I dont think the happy couple have got a clue..... oh wel.... bring on the valium, I think I am going to need it.

xx

Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Hi
well you all know my good news and I am trying to get my ahead around the idea of making the wedding this December,,, I dont think the happy couple have got a clue..... oh wel.... bring on the valium, I think I am going to need it.

xx
Sue the news is so so exciting. Yikes! December is soon so you are right you better keep the Valium handy. Is it going to be a big or small wedding?

Donna

Last edited by Solara; April 2nd, 2012 at 10:18 AM.

Old April 14th, 2012, 01:03 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Hi

xx
I know it is so much work, but hopefully you can enjoy it also. I hope everything goes well.

Marilee

Old April 14th, 2012, 01:04 PM
10,000+ Club

Heading to Key West and then a cruise on Allure of the Seas. It should be interesting because we are stepping on board as "Diamond Plus" members. So bring on all the goodies and ammenities that go with it.

Marilee

Old April 16th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Heading to Key West and then a cruise on Allure of the Seas. It should be interesting because we are stepping on board as "Diamond Plus" members. So bring on all the goodies and ammenities that go with it.

Marilee
Hi Marilee, Hope I didn't miss you before you left. Bon voyage! Have fantastic cruise. Donna

Old April 25th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

looks like I have missed wishing Marilee and Gordon a great cruise,, so sorry. Very busy as work and also trying to get a venue and date for the wedding.. now hoping it will be next February.. December was giving me panic attacks,,,, although February isnt much better.

Hope everyone is well.....

Marilee.. how is the new baby ??

xxxxx

Old May 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM
10,000+ Club

And, we are back. The Allure of the Seas was really a beautiful ship. I can't say enough nice things about it. The shows were some of the best I have seen at sea.

That said they have one thing on the this that drove me crazy. You have to have your balcony door lock (not just closed) for the air conditioner to work. So we did not use our balcony nearly as much as I wanted to. How dumb is that. I understand they want the door closed, but locked???

Marilee

Old May 7th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
And, we are back. The Allure of the Seas was really a beautiful ship. I can't say enough nice things about it. The shows were some of the best I have seen at sea.

That said they have one thing on the this that drove me crazy. You have to have your balcony door lock (not just closed) for the air conditioner to work. So we did not use our balcony nearly as much as I wanted to. How dumb is that. I understand they want the door closed, but locked???

Marilee
Hi Marilee,

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time. We are thinking about going on either the Allure or the Oasis in the fall. I'd have to do a back to back because a week just isn't long enough. Just can't decide as it's such a habit going on Princess all the time.

I have a friend who left on Sunday on the Allure. I know she won't be happy about the air conditioning. Did they tell you about it or did you just notice it? Sounds like a bad feature.

So when is your next cruise?

Take care, Donna

Old May 9th, 2012, 06:55 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Hi Marilee,

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time. We are thinking about going on either the Allure or the Oasis in the fall. I'd have to do a back to back because a week just isn't long enough. Just can't decide as it's such a habit going on Princess all the time.

I have a friend who left on Sunday on the Allure. I know she won't be happy about the air conditioning. Did they tell you about it or did you just notice it? Sounds like a bad feature.

So when is your next cruise?

Take care, Donna
On the first day we sat out on the balcony for a while then came in to dress for dinner. I noticed the room was quite warm (according to travel clocks about 78 degrees). I called maintenance and they asked if I had been sitting on my balcony. I said yes and they said that is why the room was warm. I told them the door was closed and they said didn't matter had to be locked. I couldn't believe it so I kept asking anyone I could and they kept telling me that was the case. I think it is a stupid thing to do. I agree a B2B would be great. We went to Key West for 3 days prior and then 1 day in Ft. Lauderdale. It was still too short.

Marilee

Old May 10th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
On the first day we sat out on the balcony for a while then came in to dress for dinner. I noticed the room was quite warm (according to travel clocks about 78 degrees). I called maintenance and they asked if I had been sitting on my balcony. I said yes and they said that is why the room was warm. I told them the door was closed and they said didn't matter had to be locked. I couldn't believe it so I kept asking anyone I could and they kept telling me that was the case. I think it is a stupid thing to do. I agree a B2B would be great. We went to Key West for 3 days prior and then 1 day in Ft. Lauderdale. It was still too short.

Marilee
That sure sounds like a BIG design flaw. I'll let you know after I talk to my girlfriend when they get back if they experienced the same problem as you. That didn't happen to you when you were on the Oasis did it?

Donna

Old May 10th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Sue, How are the wedding plans going. Did they set a date yet?

Donna

Old May 17th, 2012, 06:55 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
That sure sounds like a BIG design flaw. I'll let you know after I talk to my girlfriend when they get back if they experienced the same problem as you. That didn't happen to you when you were on the Oasis did it?

Donna
I honestly do not remember having a problem on Oasis with the balcony door. When we were on the Oasis we had 3 cabins next to each other with daughter and son-in-law and friends so we had them open the balconies so it was like having one great big balcony. We were out there a lot chatting so I think I would have noticed.

Marilee

Old May 17th, 2012, 07:08 AM
10,000+ Club

Sue, I am so looking forward to seeing you and Ian again. It is so exciting to me when I travel thousands of miles and get to see good friends.
Marilee

Old May 21st, 2012, 06:19 AM
10,000+ Club

Good Morning,

It's Monday and I sure could have slept in this morning. It's raining and I just did not want to get out of bed.

Marilee