Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Disabled Cruise Travel

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disabled Cruise Travel Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources

Old April 12th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Day trip for wheelchair users in Le Harve, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Vigo & Porto

Hi
In September im going on the Celebrity Constellation & stopping in these ports,

Le Harve, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Vigo & Porto.

I wondered if anyone could recommend any trips for a wheelchair user? Or tour companies?. Id love to go to Giverny to Claude Monet house too.

Many thanks Dillie

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 14th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Dillie – I cannot help you in regards to tours. I can only advise you that Le Havre is accessible (May 2007). We used the local tourism website (http://www.le-havre-tourism.com/) and created our own little tour. I do see that they are now offering some tours. Hope this helps.

Betty
Future cruises: NCL Gem 9/14 – Bahamas; Carnival Splendor 9/14 – New England; Carnival Pride 9/14 - Bahamas; Carnival Paradise 10/14 - Caribbean; NCL Star 10/14 - Panama Canal; Equinox 1/15 - Caribbean; Constellation 2/15 - Caribbean
Past cruises: Splendour OTS (Med) 11/01, Voyager OTS (Caribbean) 11/02, Majesty OTS (Bahamas) 1/03, Nordic Empress (Caribbean) 3/03, Oosterdam (Baltic) 7/03, Horizon (W Caribbean) 12/03, Horizon (E Caribbean) 2/04, Jasmine (Nile) 5/04, Empress OTS (S Caribbean) 12/04, Opera (E Med) 4/05, Maasdam (St Lawrence) 6/05, Sapphire Princess (Mexico) 12/05, Regal Princess (Amazon) 4/06, Rotterdam (Black Sea) 10/06, Rotterdam (Med) 10/06, Sun Princess (Caribbean) 1/07, Magica (TA) 5/07, Island Princess (Panama Canal) 10/07, Mercury (So Pacific) 3/08 , Mercury (Hawaii) 3/08, Century (W Med) 11/08; Legend OTS (Asia) 4/09; Legend OTS (Asia) 5/09; Legend OTS (Mid East) 5/09; Rotterdam (Baltic) 8/09; Volendam (Japan) 10/09; Poesia (Caribbean) 1/10; Summit (Bermuda) 5/10; Concordia (W Med) 10/10; Century (TA) 10/10; Oasis OTS (W. Caribbean) 9/11; Carnival Valor (E. Caribbean) 9/11; Carnival Valor (W. Caribbean) 9/11; NCL Sky (Bahamas) 9/11; Majesty OTS (Bahamas) 9/11; Carnival Imagination (W. Caribbean) 10/11; NCL Spirit (W. Caribbean) 10/11; Maasdam (Atlantic Coast/St. Lawrence) 4/12; NCL Jade (Med/Holy Land) 2/13; Infinity 10/13 (Western Europe); Liberty OTS 10/13 (Transatlantic); Maasdam 1/14 (S Caribbean)

Last edited by raindropsalways; April 14th, 2012 at 01:32 PM.

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindropsalways View Post
Dillie – I cannot help you in regards to tours. I can only advise you that Le Havre is accessible (May 2007). We used the local tourism website (http://www.le-havre-tourism.com/) and created our own little tour. I do see that they are now offering some tours. Hope this helps.

Betty
HI Betty thank yo for the link very helpful. Dillie

Old April 15th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm on the wine tour in October, so I'd be really interested in what you find and especially, how you go on.

Please do post your experiences!

Last edited by Chunky2219; April 15th, 2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: typo

Old April 16th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky2219 View Post
I'm on the wine tour in October, so I'd be really interested in what you find and especially, how you go on.

Please do post your experiences!
Hiya, Ok i will do. Does seem Paris is about 2hours away from Le Harve. If you find out anything too please let post be interested.

Old April 16th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillie View Post
Hiya, Ok i will do. Does seem Paris is about 2hours away from Le Harve. If you find out anything too please let post be interested.
Okerly dokerly. I've got this as a subscribed thread so will keep an eye on it.

The one thing we have already decided is not to bother with Paris. Been there, done that, etc.

I've seen some postings about decent restaurants in LeHavre so I suspect we might stay local.

Last edited by Chunky2219; April 16th, 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: darn typo

Old April 17th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

I was looking through the forum & came accross this link about Le Harve. http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1512663. Sounds like Normandy Or Honfleur sounds nice. Im going to look into Giverny about the Claude Monet house & gardens.

Old April 17th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Found these links also

http://en.ot-honfleur.fr/

http://www.taxis-le-havre.com/information.php

http://www.le-havre-tourism.com/

http://www.giverny.org/

Im waiting for some reponses. Will post when find out.

Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have never been to Le Havre, but visit France regularly and it is very disabled friendly. Monet's garden is beautiful and they offer a good discount for disabled visitors.

When we visited Oporto our ship docked in Leixoes, which is outside the city. This is the only place we did the ship's excursion.

In Vigo the ship stops in the town. There is a nice shopping mall just by the port which is accessible. We did the HOHO bus which stops a short, flat walk from the ship. The bus had a ramp and the driver was very helpful.

I have been to Bilbao, but by plane. It is wheelchair friendly, taxis are cheap and the Guggenheim Museum accessible and great to visit.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTowner View Post
I have never been to Le Havre, but visit France regularly and it is very disabled friendly. Monet's garden is beautiful and they offer a good discount for disabled visitors.

When we visited Oporto our ship docked in Leixoes, which is outside the city. This is the only place we did the ship's excursion.

In Vigo the ship stops in the town. There is a nice shopping mall just by the port which is accessible. We did the HOHO bus which stops a short, flat walk from the ship. The bus had a ramp and the driver was very helpful.

I have been to Bilbao, but by plane. It is wheelchair friendly, taxis are cheap and the Guggenheim Museum accessible and great to visit.
Thanks for replying. I have been to Vigo before & actually wondered about the HOHO bus as didnt do that last time. Im really looking forward to seeing Bilbao & Oporto. Im really stuck on Le Verdon as just realised 2 hour drive to Bordeaux so not good really. Anyway cant wait for my cruise.