Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Conversations > Lose Before You Cruise

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Lose Before You Cruise A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.

Old April 15th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynfc View Post
sat. 316.2
Sun. 315

Well, gotta get on that bike today, to hopefully keep the scale going down.
Congratulations on the weight loss. My DH decided to do the low carb diet with me since he has gained 10 lbs. in 4 months. So, we will be dieting together, which will be fun. I am reaping the benefits as I am back into clothes that I had previously not been able to wear. Took out a pair of shorts I had put away "until I lost weight" and they were so big, they would not stay up! A great feeling for sure! It's little things like that which are the motivation to stay on the diet and not give in to temptation!

Keep up the good work Brooke and good luck on the house hunting. I know how stressful that can be!!

P. Crum

Carnival Liberty, 11/17/12
HAL Ryndam, 3/25/12
Carnival Glory, 3/27/11, Review with Photos
Carnival Liberty, 11/20/10 (Thanksgiving cruise), Review with Photos and Chef's Table
Carnival Inspiration, 7/31/10, Review in progress, will post soon
Carnival Freedom, 6/13/10, Review with Photos
Emerald Princess, 3/28/10, Review with Photos
NCL Star 7/09
Carnival Glory 6/09
Carnival Miracle 3/09
Carnival Triumph 11/08 (Thanksgiving cruise)
Carnival Sensation 6/08
HAL Veendam 3/07
Disney Wonder 6/06
Big Red Boat, 3 times in early 90s
Carnival Carnivale, 8/89

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrum View Post
Congratulations on the weight loss. My DH decided to do the low carb diet with me since he has gained 10 lbs. in 4 months. So, we will be dieting together, which will be fun. I am reaping the benefits as I am back into clothes that I had previously not been able to wear. Took out a pair of shorts I had put away "until I lost weight" and they were so big, they would not stay up! A great feeling for sure! It's little things like that which are the motivation to stay on the diet and not give in to temptation!

Keep up the good work Brooke and good luck on the house hunting. I know how stressful that can be!!
Good for you, that is awesome, nothing is as good as a smaller size feels!

Next Up:

Celebrity Summit - 7/13 Bermuda
Royal Princess - 10/25 NYC to FLL
Celebrity Eclipse 2/15/15 - Caribbean

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateW View Post
Good for you, that is awesome, nothing is as good as a smaller size feels!
So true! Thanks so much.

Well, DH took a look at the vitamins I take while doing low carb (Magnesium tablets, zinc, and Vitamin C) and decided he would just cut out snacking at night, rather than going full force low carb. But, since I cook his meals, I'm going to serve him low carb fare. That, along with cutting out snacks will hopefully work! He works from home, so is limited to what I cook and have in the house unless he makes the effort to go out!!

Breakfast/lunch (we slept in) today for both of us was a hamburger patty with cheese (not American...that is not real cheese!). DH had his with a bagel thin, but that will be his last bread for a while! Dinner was steak and sauteed mushrooms with a side of sauteed spinach topped with fresh parmesan cheese for me (DH won't eat spinach, even though I try to tell him the fresh kind tastes nothing like canned!). My snack was a container of Greek yogurt with splenda and flax seeds. Couldn't talk DH into that one either. So, a pretty successful first day for him--definitely less carbs than he has been eating, so hoping for some results!

P. Crum

HAL Ryndam, 3/25/12
Carnival Liberty, 11/20/10 (Thanksgiving cruise), Review with Photos and Chef's Table
NCL Star 7/09
Carnival Glory 6/09
Carnival Miracle 3/09
Carnival Sensation 6/08
HAL Veendam 3/07
Disney Wonder 6/06
Carnival Carnivale, 8/89

Old April 16th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

sat. 316.2
Sun. 315
Mon. 317

My stomach feels icky and I wasn't into eating this morning. I brought some greek yogurt with me and stuff to make a flax muffin when I get around to feeling hungry. I just overdid the food yesterday and I'm paying for it, i believe.

BK: Yogurt and flax muffin......when I get there.

L: Veggie/beef (deer) soup

D: Probably chicken. Since mom was off today, I asked if she would go and pick up some stuff I needed for the week's menu, so depending on if she goes or not..........I went over to watch the nephews yesterday and had just enough time to get on the bike for 25 mins., dye my hair and dry a load of laundry when I got home.

W: Zumba should be on tonight. Its probably the last one until Fall.

Gonna be a busy work week b/c of a big event on Wed. I got a meeting this morning and this afternoon and preparing for the event in the middle.

My realtor is also supposed to be putting in a bid for me on a house. I know its open until the 19th, but this house is REALLY nice for a foreclosure and I'm afraid someone will put in a the same number bid as me and then the priority would go to the first bidder, so the sooner he puts it in the better. He has been up North with his "g/f" a her brother's wedding for almost a week and will be back today. Now, he said he would do it yesterday, but seeing how I didn't hear a peep from him..........I bet the g/f too priority. I really want to blame her b/c he is family and I like him too much, but he knows better. Real estate agents are almost always on call............no matter what. He should know this from his mom's 20+ years in real estate. I guess I can be a little more patient, but I will insist when he gets back today that he put the bid in. He is causing me more stress than needed and my bad habits return when that happens.

Good Choices.

PS- Great job Pcrum!

Carnival Magic Western-11/2/2014
Carnival Liberty Exotic Western- 11/3/2012
Carnival Dream Western-10/22/2011
Carnival Dream Eastern-1/22/2011
Carnival Liberty-6/19/2010
Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005
Sovereign of the Seas-6/2001

Old April 17th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

sat. 316.2
Sun. 315
Mon. 317
Tues. 316.4

I sure wish I was seeing more than a lb or less (so far) each week. But, I could if I tried harder, I guess.

BK: 1/2 c oatmeal/1 c 2% milk/ tbsp sugar.

L: Hamburger patty/light bread/ canned fruit b/c it was like the only thing healthy we had.

D: Idk, mom is supposed to go to the store this afternoon, so hopefully I will have some choices when I get home.

W: 30 in the gym

I did 23 mins yesterday on the ellpt. I made it to 300 calories burned (or so said the machine). I had walked across campus yesterday and back, so I didn't feel bad giving up a little early. After all, I haven't seen the ellpt. in a while.

I'm gonna have to be up by like 5:30am tomr. for work. We have an event that I have to work. Lucky though, my boss is gonna let us go after its over, so it will be an early morning, but early day too. I will workout at home tomr. if I have the energy after being up an hour early (I'm not kidding, early morning really affect me that way).

I gotta go track my food for yesterday. I've been slacking on it and I'm sure that is part of my problem.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Good choices.

Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005

Old April 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
sat. 316.2
Sun. 315
Mon. 317
Tues. 316.4

I sure wish I was seeing more than a lb or less (so far) each week. But, I could if I tried harder, I guess.

BK: 1/2 c oatmeal/1 c 2% milk/ tbsp sugar.

L: Hamburger patty/light bread/ canned fruit b/c it was like the only thing healthy we had.

D: Idk, mom is supposed to go to the store this afternoon, so hopefully I will have some choices when I get home.

W: 30 in the gym

I did 23 mins yesterday on the ellpt. I made it to 300 calories burned (or so said the machine). I had walked across campus yesterday and back, so I didn't feel bad giving up a little early. After all, I haven't seen the ellpt. in a while.

I'm gonna have to be up by like 5:30am tomr. for work. We have an event that I have to work. Lucky though, my boss is gonna let us go after its over, so it will be an early morning, but early day too. I will workout at home tomr. if I have the energy after being up an hour early (I'm not kidding, early morning really affect me that way).

I gotta go track my food for yesterday. I've been slacking on it and I'm sure that is part of my problem.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Good choices.
Hi Brook,

Is there a park with a walking path close to where you live? that would be great regular exercise and being outdoors with a nice pair of headphones, that is good cardio exercise, the pounds should fall off. That is what I did today and will continue to do now that the weather is nicer.

Don't beat yourself up, dieting is not easy, eventually you will find what the right food plan is for you and the pounds will come off.

I know your screen name is BrooklynFC and I hope I have not been calling you by the wrong name. Your name is Brook, right?

Good luck in your house hunting too.

Lori

Zenith 9/98 Bermuda, Horizon 9/99 Bermuda, Mercury 1/00 W. Carib,Zenith 9/00 Bermuda,Millenium 11/00 W.Trans Atlantic, Horizon 7/01 Bermuda, Galaxy 11/01 E. Carib.,Zenith 9/02 Bermuda, Millenium 12/02 S. Carib. Nordic Empress 5/03 Bermuda , Zenith 9/03 Bermuda, Century 2/04 E. Carib.,Zenith 10/04 Bermuda, Century 2/05 W. Carib.,Zenith 10/05 Bermuda, NCL Dawn 2/2/06 E.Carib.,Zenith 9/16/06 Bermuda, NCL Spirit 1/23/07 S. Carib., NCL Crown 9/23/07 Bermuda, NCL Dawn 10/12/08 Bermuda, Summit 4/25/10 Bermuda, Summit 5/15/11 Bermuda, Florida/Bahamas 12/3/11 Nowegian Jewel, Bermuda 10/14/12 Norwegian Star

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARFACE View Post
Hi Brook,

Is there a park with a walking path close to where you live? that would be great regular exercise and being outdoors with a nice pair of headphones, that is good cardio exercise, the pounds should fall off. That is what I did today and will continue to do now that the weather is nicer.

Don't beat yourself up, dieting is not easy, eventually you will find what the right food plan is for you and the pounds will come off.

I know your screen name is BrooklynFC and I hope I have not been calling you by the wrong name. Your name is Brook, right?

Good luck in your house hunting too.

Lori
I work at a college, so I can walk around campus, but my chiropractor actually discourages walking for me b/c of the impact on my lower spine. He says maybe when I lose some more weight it won't be as bad. He doesn't like the Zumba either, but its usually one day a week, so he lets it slide. The ellpt (as long as my knees stay strong) and the recumbant bike are the two things he likes for me until more weight comes off. Walking casually, doesn't hurt too much, but long periods will cause a lot of soreness and swelling in my lower back. I'm hoping that the 25lbs I want to lose will really help move past this b/c I really want to go cave tubing and there is a 30 mins hike through the jungle.......hope I can make it.

I'm my own worst enemy. I'm serious about losing weight, but not serious enough to cut it all down to the bare bones to lose more than a 1lb a week. I just keep holding on to the idea that......I may lose a 1lb a week, but hopefully it won't come back as easy once I make my goal.

Yep, my name is Brooke, brooklyn is a sorority name and fc is the initials of my college and hometown.

Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey everyone,

Well after a difficult day today, and a trip to McD for lunch (I had a Happy Meal - and with a chocolate shake for the drink ), I think I am going to go on WW online. To those of you who have tracked on WW vs. an app like Sparkpeople - is it easier with WW? I cook w/ a lot of fresh foods - is it a pain to enter in a recipe?

Bascially, I've found it would be super easy to track on Spark if I ate a lot of prepackaged foods that I can search for - but I don't really eat that way. I'm always making something like homemade tomato sauce w/eggplant parm, which is just a pain in the you know what to enter in because I have to create a recipe. I guess I need something to be easy, if it is too difficult I just stop doing it after awhile. Any thoughts? Also, if anyone has WW online - are there a lot of Trader Joe's brand foods entered in? I mostly shop there so if not I won't bother. Spark does have a lot of user-entered foods from Trader Joe's.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that I am going to tell people that I'm trying to lose 15 pounds for an upcoming trip. I really want to lose 30 pounds, but I'm going to start with a small goal first then bump it up. The difference is that I usually don't say anything to people about being on a diet, I just suffer through it alone and on message boards where I don't personally know anyone. But this time I'm going to be more open about what I am trying to do.

I have a trip coming up in June, and I really want to be at least 10-15 pounds lighter. It makes a difference in the clothes I wil bring with me and the way I look in pictures (at least, it makes a difference to me).

Maybe I will go visit the WW board on this site. Hope everyone is doing well.

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachieLnnn View Post
Hey everyone,

Well after a difficult day today, and a trip to McD for lunch (I had a Happy Meal - and with a chocolate shake for the drink ), I think I am going to go on WW online. To those of you who have tracked on WW vs. an app like Sparkpeople - is it easier with WW? I cook w/ a lot of fresh foods - is it a pain to enter in a recipe?

Bascially, I've found it would be super easy to track on Spark if I ate a lot of prepackaged foods that I can search for - but I don't really eat that way. I'm always making something like homemade tomato sauce w/eggplant parm, which is just a pain in the you know what to enter in because I have to create a recipe. I guess I need something to be easy, if it is too difficult I just stop doing it after awhile. Any thoughts? Also, if anyone has WW online - are there a lot of Trader Joe's brand foods entered in? I mostly shop there so if not I won't bother. Spark does have a lot of user-entered foods from Trader Joe's.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that I am going to tell people that I'm trying to lose 15 pounds for an upcoming trip. I really want to lose 30 pounds, but I'm going to start with a small goal first then bump it up. The difference is that I usually don't say anything to people about being on a diet, I just suffer through it alone and on message boards where I don't personally know anyone. But this time I'm going to be more open about what I am trying to do.

I have a trip coming up in June, and I really want to be at least 10-15 pounds lighter. It makes a difference in the clothes I wil bring with me and the way I look in pictures (at least, it makes a difference to me).

Maybe I will go visit the WW board on this site. Hope everyone is doing well.
I've done Sparkpeople and WW. WW is easier for me, but I can't really tell you why, maybe its b/c I can guess pretty close to the amount of points something would be, but not the amount of calories.

I looked in my tracker and there were a few Trader Joe's items entered by community members, but I'll admit not a lot.

WW has a recipe builder. You type in each ingredient and the measurement and then it calculates the points........you can enter your own serving size (like I do single servings a lot b/c I eat for one). I find it fairly simple b/c then you can save that recipe and then if you have it again later, just type in the search box what you named it or search in your recipes and it will be there ready to use.

Also, with WW they have a calculator that you can just put in the Fat, carbs, fiber and protein form the package and it will give you the points per serving.

If all else fails, all logic fails that is, I do my best to pull apart each ingredient and enter it separately into my tracker. Lets say i went out to a restr. and had a taco salad, but they didn't have an online menu for me to get the nutrition from. No big deal. I just say: 2 cups lettuce, 1 c tomatoes, 6oz ground beef (I will assume full fat), 2 tbsp sour cream, .5 c cheese............etc. I search for each of those items (or if I know them already, which I typically can remember a lot of point values) and then enter them all in. You can also use the recipe builder for this as well. B/c WW says fruits and veggies are 0 points, but if you make stir-fry with more than one veggie they do have point values.

Anyway, that was a lot of info. but I hope it helps.

Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005

Old April 17th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
I work at a college, so I can walk around campus, but my chiropractor actually discourages walking for me b/c of the impact on my lower spine. He says maybe when I lose some more weight it won't be as bad. He doesn't like the Zumba either, but its usually one day a week, so he lets it slide. The ellpt (as long as my knees stay strong) and the recumbant bike are the two things he likes for me until more weight comes off. Walking casually, doesn't hurt too much, but long periods will cause a lot of soreness and swelling in my lower back. I'm hoping that the 25lbs I want to lose will really help move past this b/c I really want to go cave tubing and there is a 30 mins hike through the jungle.......hope I can make it.

I'm my own worst enemy. I'm serious about losing weight, but not serious enough to cut it all down to the bare bones to lose more than a 1lb a week. I just keep holding on to the idea that......I may lose a 1lb a week, but hopefully it won't come back as easy once I make my goal.

Yep, my name is Brooke, brooklyn is a sorority name and fc is the initials of my college and hometown.
I guess some chiropractor's have their own theory, mine used to encourage walking because it will strengthen your back, walking is the only form of exercise I will do, I do take the stairs quite a bit at home too. But I can certainly understand your wanting to lose a certain amount of weight before you do any intensive walking. I love it, I enjoy the scenery while walking. I can't tell you how many times I joined a gym only to last a few weeks. My DH says gyms are off limits for me plus I like to be outdoors.

Losing 1 lb a week is fine, that old saying "slow and steady wins the race", when you think about it that is 8 lbs in two months, nothing wrong with that number. I need to get serious about my diet too, I am at least 20 lbs overweight for my height if not a bit more.

Thanks for the info on your screen name, can be confusing since you live in Virginia and not brooklyn lol...what college and town?

You will reach your goal for that cave tubing adventure, just be positive

Zenith 9/98 Bermuda, Horizon 9/99 Bermuda, Mercury 1/00 W. Carib,Zenith 9/00 Bermuda,Millenium 11/00 W.Trans Atlantic, Horizon 7/01 Bermuda, Galaxy 11/01 E. Carib.,Zenith 9/02 Bermuda, Millenium 12/02 S. Carib. Nordic Empress 5/03 Bermuda , Zenith 9/03 Bermuda, Century 2/04 E. Carib.,Zenith 10/04 Bermuda, Century 2/05 W. Carib.,Zenith 10/05 Bermuda, NCL Dawn 2/2/06 E.Carib.,Zenith 9/16/06 Bermuda, NCL Spirit 1/23/07 S. Carib., NCL Crown 9/23/07 Bermuda, NCL Dawn 10/12/08 Bermuda, Summit 4/25/10 Bermuda, Summit 5/15/11 Bermuda, Florida/Bahamas 12/3/11 Nowegian Jewel, Bermuda 10/14/12 Norwegian Star

Old April 17th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARFACE View Post
I guess some chiropractor's have their own theory, mine used to encourage walking because it will strengthen your back, walking is the only form of exercise I will do, I do take the stairs quite a bit at home too. But I can certainly understand your wanting to lose a certain amount of weight before you do any intensive walking. I love it, I enjoy the scenery while walking. I can't tell you how many times I joined a gym only to last a few weeks. My DH says gyms are off limits for me plus I like to be outdoors.

Losing 1 lb a week is fine, that old saying "slow and steady wins the race", when you think about it that is 8 lbs in two months, nothing wrong with that number. I need to get serious about my diet too, I am at least 20 lbs overweight for my height if not a bit more.

Thanks for the info on your screen name, can be confusing since you live in Virginia and not brooklyn lol...what college and town?

You will reach your goal for that cave tubing adventure, just be positive
Yea, its the type of problem I have in my lower back that walking doesn't help, but if walking was all I could do......he would def. tell me to do it rather than do nothing at all.

My work lets the staff use the gym with the students, so not paying is a perk.

If you have facebook, I'd be happy to add you if you want. I'm friends with others from here on there. I don't like to post my town and stuff on here......never know who is reading. lol. Though........I do post some personal stuff........

Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005

Old April 17th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Just so you guys know that I just don't let you advice and suggestions go in my ear and out the other........

Pcrum, I did try your spinach and parm salad. I made it with spinach, tomato, parm, and some oil mixed with some different spices. It was super yummy and might be my knew side salad go to, which would REALLY help me with salads and keeping them healthy and tasty.

Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005

Old April 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Well, after my DH's strong start, he ate an entire bag of goldfish (the small bags) that were "buy one get one free" at Publix. I had bought them for the kids, not thinking they would tempt him. So, 120 carbs later, we are moving on. I can't be too hard on him though because his weight gain (50 lbs total) is the result of quitting an almost 30 year smoking habit. Given the choice between the two, I'd rather have him overweight than smoking! So, we are starting a new day and he has cut back, but is not going full force on the low carb diet with me. Baby steps...

For those doing low carb, I found a great carb counter list online: http://www.atkins.com/getattachment/...v3_12.pdf.aspx

I was surprised to see that seasonings like cinnamon and chili powder have carbs. Even splenda has some carbs!

My new favorite dinner is either romaine lettuce or spinach leaves mixed with Wishbone caesar dressing, fresh grated parmesan cheese and chopped up steak. I bought some really thin NY Strips on sale on Publix over the weekend and cooked them all (on a George Foreman grill) so they are ready in the refrigerator. Then, I just mix a salad and take a steak out and microwave it and chop it up in the salad. It's very good and satisfying.

I also made up a a big batch of homemade chicken salad (boiled chicken breasts chopped up and mixed with mayo and celery and a bit of splenda) which will be lunches this week.

I got out a 1X shirt to wear yesterday that previously was too tight. Well, it hung on me and was really baggy! I have not worn that shirt in 3 years due to it being too tight, so I was so glad to see it baggy. Some XLs are still tight, but the 1Xs are big, so I guess I am in between sizes. Finding clothes to fit has been a challenge, but I won't go shopping because I literally have every size from a 10 to a 22 hanging in my closet!! It's just finding what fits this particular week!!

Good for you for going to the gym, Brooke. Getting enough exercise is my downfall...I have trouble with the elliptical...that thing is a torture chamber for me!!

Brooke, did you read "MrMom's" review on the Carnival board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...php?t=1610836? Apparently there is one cave tubing co. in Belize that carries your tube for you. He took his family on this company's tour and saw others struggling to carry their own tube, so if you do the tubing, be sure to check out his review to get the name of the "good" company. I have read your previous reviews and really liked them (and of course, loved the cruise fashions)!

Brooke, I'd love to be added on facebook...if you e-mail me at pgstickney at gmail dot com, I will give you my facebook name.

Good luck to everyone trying to lose weight. It is not an easy road, but it is a rewarding one. I think the mental part is 80% of it...I know a year ago I was pushing 250 lbs and was just not in the mindset to lose. Finally, Aug 1 last year I decided it was the day to start and so far, I'm down 47 lbs. I still have about 50 to lose, but at least it is a start!!

P. Crum

HAL Ryndam, 3/25/12
NCL Star 7/09
Carnival Glory 6/09
Carnival Miracle 3/09
Carnival Sensation 6/08
HAL Veendam 3/07
Disney Wonder 6/06
Carnival Carnivale, 8/89

Old April 17th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey everyone, thanks for the WW advice. I think I'm going to stick with Sparkpeople for now, since it is free, and they DO have alot of Trader Joe's stuff (user-entered). I just need to set aside time everyday to add in recipes that I've created if needed. I think it's basically the same system, especially since I try to hit my calorie/protein/fiber targets. WHEN I track, that is.

Just for fun I entered in my lunch today. McDouble (390 cals), small fry (230 cal), and a chocolate shake (440 cal!!!). OMG. I didn't know the shakes were quite THAT bad for you. Well, lesson learned, I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Total was 1060. I'm supposed to take in 1200-1500 a day to lose weight. Sheesh. Planning on doing the elliptical after work for 45 minutes or so to subtract that shake.

It's weird, I wasn't hungry at all this afternoon after that meal, whereas usually by dinner I'm starving. Maybe that is my body telling me to eat a slightly larger lunch or add in a snack to hold me over.

Going to the grocery store after work, and I'm going to get lots of veg, chicken, shrimp, greek yogurt, etc. Maybe I needed this wake up call after all...

Oh, I also learned that I just can't buy any junk food (Easter Candy, chips, etc.) because I will eat it if it is there. If I have to go out and obtain it, it's much less likely.

Old April 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Just so you guys know that I just don't let you advice and suggestions go in my ear and out the other........

Pcrum, I did try your spinach and parm salad. I made it with spinach, tomato, parm, and some oil mixed with some different spices. It was super yummy and might be my knew side salad go to, which would REALLY help me with salads and keeping them healthy and tasty.
Glad you liked it!! If you become "friends" with adkins on facebook, they post some really good recipes. Here is a link to other veggie based meals:

http://www.atkins.com/Science/Articl...ight-and-.aspx

I like the idea of a lettuce wrap with chicken salad or with deli meat and cheese. Lots of choices for lunches! I find if I put enough freshly grated parmesan cheese on things, they taste much better!!

Another idea is to buy a bottled alfredo sauce (check the carb count, but usually it is only 2 carbs for 1/4 cup) and put it over grilled chicken. Add your freshly grated parmesan cheese, add a salad and you won't miss the pasta!!

P. Crum

HAL Ryndam, 3/25/12
NCL Star 7/09
Carnival Glory 6/09
Carnival Miracle 3/09
Carnival Sensation 6/08
HAL Veendam 3/07
Disney Wonder 6/06
Carnival Carnivale, 8/89

Old April 17th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm counting on myself to make the right decisions

Old April 18th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxlive57 View Post
I'm counting on myself to make the right decisions
Hi and welcome. You are right, we all can count on ourselves.

Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005

Old April 18th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Well, I was getting kind of tired of chicken salad everyday for lunch, so today I put the chicken salad on romaine and added a small bit of Wishbone caesar dressing (2 g of carbs for 2 tbs) and some grated parmesan. Viola...chicken caesar salad. Sometimes you have to spice it up a bit...

P. Crum

HAL Ryndam, 3/25/12
NCL Star 7/09
Carnival Glory 6/09
Carnival Miracle 3/09
Carnival Sensation 6/08
HAL Veendam 3/07
Disney Wonder 6/06
Carnival Carnivale, 8/89

Old April 18th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question for all, do you work out everyday or do you take one or two days off per week? My DH says its good to take a day off each week, what do you think? I took a really fun cooking class tonight, they taught us 5 different stir fry dishes easy to prepare in 20 minutes or less, we sampled each one and they were really fresh, very fun. I don't usually cook but DH signed us up for this class and I did enjoy it.

Old April 19th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulalovestocruise View Post
Question for all, do you work out everyday or do you take one or two days off per week? My DH says its good to take a day off each week, what do you think? I took a really fun cooking class tonight, they taught us 5 different stir fry dishes easy to prepare in 20 minutes or less, we sampled each one and they were really fresh, very fun. I don't usually cook but DH signed us up for this class and I did enjoy it.
I try to get in 4 days a week. I take the weekends off b/c I always seem to not get around to it anyway. Although, I think now, if I want to see more results I will need to up the exercise somehow. But the experts do say to give yourself some rest, your body has to repair itself.

Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005