Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Crystal Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Crystal Cruises
Read Crystal Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Crystal Cruise Deals.

Register for a Cruise Critic/Crystal Cruises Meet & Mingle

Need to make a change or addition to your Meet & Mingle registration? Update Your Meet & Mingle Registration

GO TO: Crystal ROLL CALL Forums

Old April 15th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Not all inclusive

In reading the Crystal website, it looks like you can still book a cruise until April 30th without it being all inclusive. Since we really do not drink much, might we better off booking the cruise and paying the tips ourself?

Old April 15th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmgmd50 View Post
In reading the Crystal website, it looks like you can still book a cruise until April 30th without it being all inclusive. Since we really do not drink much, might we better off booking the cruise and paying the tips ourself?
Not sure where you saw that. Symphony went all-inclusive three cruises ago and Serenity goes AI right after the World Cruise, which ends on Saturday.

Old April 15th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

I think you're misreading the site.....the only cruise available this year that isn't all-inclusive is the LA-NY cruise that departs in a week. All other cruises are all-inclusive.

Old April 15th, 2012, 09:30 PM
5,000+ Club

I think what you may have read is that the special pricing for voyages goes away on the April 30th date. That has nothing to do with the all inclusive.

Old April 16th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

I only drink alcohol on a very limited basis but I love the Crystal all-inclusive experience.

I honestly did not know what a joy it would be to order any drink or food item anywhere without having to sign for anything anywhere. The cruise ID card was really used to get the stateroom and for embarking/
disembarking. The only time I got the card out was to pay for some cruise photos.

On my first day home, I tried to leave the house without my wallet, house keys or car keys. The vacation really brought about a great mind-set change.

My experience with Crystal is that they do not penny-pinch in the service provided; e.g help yourself to the pool towels and blankets (unlike RCL where you have to sign the towels in and out or risk a heavy fee), a very wide range of decent wines and liquor in the all-inclusive except the very premium brands.

As a Crystal customer, you have to put yourself in that same frame of mind and really benefit from the Crystal experience. Otherwise, choose another cruise line.

Old April 16th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

We are in that serenity LA to NY cruise and I wish I coukd switch our package to all inclusive. Can that be done?

Old April 16th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopie View Post
We are in that serenity LA to NY cruise and I wish I coukd switch our package to all inclusive. Can that be done?
No.

Old April 17th, 2012, 08:39 AM
50,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopie View Post
The new inclusive program rolls out on the Serenity on the New York City to Dover sailing which is the cruise that follows the one you are on. We are presently on the Serenity ending in Los Angeles and disembark the day you embark.

Keith