Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Friends of Cruise Critic > Friends Who Sailed Caribbean Princess on May 13 2006!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old April 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM
5,000+ Club

Linda - hope all is going well for you.

Old April 9th, 2012, 08:59 AM
5,000+ Club

Joanne - Yes, we did book the new Royal Princess for the maiden transatlantic. It will have been sailing all summer by the time we board. That cruise is fully booked and pretty much just has wait list now. The TA's are very popular and this new ship is also in demand.

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:01 PM
10,000+ Club

Hi Friends, Had an enjoyable Easter dinner at my youngest daughter's house. Bill and I spent the night and went to church at the Basilica in Washington, DC - 3 hour service. Easter dinner with my other daughter and grands at my youngest house. Very nice. My daughter's friend joined us. We had ham kielbasa, potatoes, salad, asparagus and dessert. It was a very relaxing day.

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:04 PM
10,000+ Club

Saw my youngest grandson at his swimming lessons on Saturday. He was not a happy camper because he was tired. He is 10 weeks old and tomorrow is his first day at the babysitter's.

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:15 PM
10,000+ Club

Today was a teacher workday. Tomorrow we begin the last 9 weeks of school YIPEE!

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:16 PM
10,000+ Club

Has anyone taken a Rhine river cruise? It looks like something we would like to do. We will be celebrating 40 years this July!

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:19 PM
10,000+ Club

Merry - I am proud of your dedication to bicycling, zumba, etc. On spring break, I was able to take advantage of the water aerobics classes being offered at the clubhouse. Wanted to go to the exercise room today but for some reason my allergies (which I have never had) are acting up fiercely.

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM
10,000+ Club

Gail - did you get a cabin on the new Princess cruise ship. Sounds like you had a nice Easter too. How is your GD doing that had the eye problem?

Last edited by Two from Virginia; April 9th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:27 PM
10,000+ Club

Elisa - Good to hear from you. Are there any cruises in your future?

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:28 PM
10,000+ Club

Linda - How was your Easter with the little one, Savannah?

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:29 PM
10,000+ Club

Rev - Hope you had a nice Easter. Looking forward to the next installment of your cruise adventures.

Old April 9th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default More Siggies!

More siggies for you girls! Our son dropped by on his way home from dinner, so we gave him his Birthday gift...they are still coming next Sunday for a Belated Easter Brunch...the grands are looking forward to their goodies!

..your brunch sounded wonderful...I love breakfast!

...glad you had a nice Easter! Wow...40 years...we're not far behind...will be celebrating 36 this year...sure has gone fast!

...enjoy your trip!

Nighty night,

Old April 13th, 2012, 06:27 PM
20,000+ Club

Oh my goodness, what fun we have been having. This cruise is so port intensive. I need a vacation from my vacation. I must tell you about Dominica, what a beautiful island. The port town itself is very crowded and very busy and there are not a lot of shops for those of you who love to shop, shop, shop. We negotiated for a cab, 80 dollars for three hours for the two of us. We went high up into the mountians, into the rain forrest. This island is filled with rain forests and although it is quite hot in the port town it is so nice and cool up in the rain forest. It is just comfortable to drive. The flowers are incrediable, and the views are spectacular. We went to this little place where Pat got out and ventured down a mountain path to a beautiful pool, that many tourists were swimming in. The views and the flowers were beyond believe, she took a lot a pictures and showed me, so it was like being there for me. Unfortunately these are things I can no longer do. We left there and continued on our journey heading back into town after stopping along the way to take many, many shots of rainbows, birds, and the lush landscapes. We were so impressed that we asked the driver for three extra hours which he was happy to do. We went to the other side of the mountain up to these beautiful waterfalls and hot baths, it was amazing. Then we stopped at this Inn that was right on the edge of a mountain.

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one" John Lennon (Imagine)
"We are here, we are here for all of us, that's why we're here" Alicia Keys

Old April 13th, 2012, 06:33 PM
20,000+ Club

The Inn was made of stone, and it had a lovely outdoor covered restaurant. It was so beautiful there, every where you looked there were the most fantastic views. We took the taxi driver to lunch and had the most delious lunch. Pat had the flying fish and I had the chicken salad, both plates had plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables which were grown locally. We finished off with some lovely ice cream and some of the best local coffee I have had in years. After lunch we ventured down the mountain and back to the ship, we were totally exhausted. Pat had enough energy to go out and get some of that local coffee so we could enjoy it when we got home.
What a wonderful, wonderful day.
Take care all.
Rev

Freedom 10/19/14
Freedom 10/26/14
Freedom 10/11/15
Freedom 10/18/15
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one" John Lennon (Imagine)
"We are here, we are here for all of us, that's why we're here" Alicia Keys

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Hi all,
Happy Belated Easter to all of you. We were in Massachusetts with my brother and his family for 4 days last week. It was relaxing and fun. We went to the flagship store of Yankee Candles ( my favorite) The only problem with traveling is catching up when we get back.
Next weekend we are taking all three grands to an indoor water park. It will be a good diversion for my son's kids and his wife. I would give them the world to make their life a little easier.
Then we are going back to my brother's house the following weekend, Ed is going to help him build a chicken coop. My SIL is into chickens. They have 5 full grown ones and just got 6 chicks. Then we go to Orlando the first week of May with Savanna. So we will be busy and for some reason they still expect me to go to work!!
Joanne... congrats on your 20 year pin. It is quite an accomplishment. I am finishing my 24th year at the college. It is the third place I have taught but certainly the longest. I hope for 4 more years and then retirement. I am not quite ready but think I will be at the time I have planned.
Soooooo are we really going to do something about a reunion trip/cruise?? If we can't all commit to a cruise could we consider along weekend for all of us girls??? I would love to see you all and want to make it happen somehow.
I will be in Colorado ( Breckenridege) this summer to present at a conference. I have a friend in Estes Park so am hoping to see her when I am there.
Love and peace to all of you,
Linda
Legend of the Seas July 2003
Imagination January 2005
Caribbean Princess May 2006
Emerald Princess March 2010
Celebrity Eclipse January 2011
Celebrity Equinox January 2012
Sunshine June 2013
Splendor January 2014
Celebrity Silhouette August 2014
Go Syracuse!!

Old April 18th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Siggie Delivery!

Hi Girls!
Did I tell you that my very good friend Carol is on a 3 week trans-atlantic cruise right now? I can't believe she will be gone that long! She's going to Canary Islands, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, Barcelona, Provence, France, Florence, Rome, Montecatini, Venice and then back home!

Here are some siggies for you!

More to come in next post!
Merry

Old April 18th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default More Siggies!

Have a great week girls! I'm working at the yarn shop on Friday and Saturday this week...should be fun!
Merry

Old April 19th, 2012, 04:11 PM
10,000+ Club

Hi Everyone

Merry, you must be getting excited about your Alaska cruise. When do you leave again?

Gail - looks like you have a number of cruises booked. Enjoy.

Linda - How are things going at home with your GD? Hope it is working for you?

Elisa - Haven't seen a recent post from you?

Rev - I know you are busy cruising. Read an article that a guy was taking is 500th cruise on Royal Caribbean. Quite an accomplishment. He sails 50 out of 52 weeks.

Getting closer to the end of school. YIPEE!!

Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hey Girls!

...we fly out one month from today...and yes, we are so excited!

Here are some tags for you girls!

Working 2 days this week at the Yarn Shop!

Turned chilly this weekend in Ohio!

Have a GREAT week, girls!

Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Hi all,
Just back from a weekend at an indoor water park. We took all three grands with mu DIL. My son ( dad to two of my grands) is deployed so we were trying to give them a weekend diversion. It was great fun. We didn't leave the hotel and water park all weekend. We had a blast, spent lots of time in the water and just hung out. We are tired but feeling quite satisfied. Hope all is well with all of you.
Legend of the Seas July 2003
Imagination January 2005
Caribbean Princess May 2006
Emerald Princess March 2010
Celebrity Eclipse January 2011
Celebrity Equinox January 2012
Sunshine June 2013
Splendor January 2014
Celebrity Silhouette August 2014
Go Syracuse!!

Last edited by pasto5; April 22nd, 2012 at 10:07 PM.