Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
- Read thousands of Royal Caribbean Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
- Write a Royal Caribbean Cruise Review
- Find Your Royal Caribbean Roll Call
See posts about:
Adventure of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Quantum of the Seas
Splendour of the Seas

Allure of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Vision of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas

Old April 18th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grumpus View Post
The key to making it through is to take many filler cruises during the wait.
I'm with you! Although, just having one booked makes me feel better. I try to keep at least one on the books at all times.

Carnival
Ecstasy - Mar 2012 (Review)
Sensation - Jan 2010

Celebrity
Constellation - Jan 2013

Princess
Ruby Princess - Mar 2014

Royal Caribbean

Allure - Jul 2015 (booked!)
Liberty - Mar 2015 (booked!), Mar 2014, Mar 2011
Brilliance - Apr 2014, Dec 2013

Freedom - May 2013

Explorer - Jun 2012
Monarch - Jun 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2011
Navigator - Mar 2011, Jan 2009, Jan 2005
Oasis - Jul 2010
Enchantment - Sep 2009
Majesty - Dec 2007
Sovereign - Jan 2007
Mariner - Oct 2006, Sep 2004

Old April 18th, 2012, 10:35 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by will773 View Post
Well that doesn't really count then!

What if that was the ONLY cruise you had booked!?
Haha. Well, I didn't say I was too good at waiting.

I don't there will ever be a time in my life again where I will wait 2 years between cruises. If there is I'll be very very old.

Previous Cruises

Royal Caribbean:
Sovereign Class: Sovereign of the Seas (2x), Monarch of the Seas (2x), Majesty of the Seas
Vision Class: Enchantment of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas (2x), Rhapsody of the Seas
Radiance Class: Jewel of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas
Voyager Class: Adventure of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas (2x), Navigator if the Seas, Voyager of the Seas
Freedom Class: Freedom of the Seas (2x), Liberty of the Seas
Oasis Class: Oasis of the Seas (3x), Allure of the Seas (2x)

Celebrity Cruises:
Galaxy
Solstice

Carnival Cruises:
Triumph
Pride
Dream

NCL:
Windward

Old April 18th, 2012, 10:40 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfgf View Post
I'm with you! Although, just having one booked makes me feel better. I try to keep at least one on the books at all times.
I agree, if I don't have a cruise booked, then I'm looking to book a cruise. Having at least one cruise in the books keeps us busy planning for the day we board the ship and gets us thinking about booking the cruise after that one!

Previous Cruises

Royal Caribbean:
Sovereign Class: Sovereign of the Seas (2x), Monarch of the Seas (2x), Majesty of the Seas
Vision Class: Enchantment of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas (2x), Rhapsody of the Seas
Voyager Class: Adventure of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas (2x), Navigator if the Seas, Voyager of the Seas

Celebrity Cruises:
Galaxy
Solstice

Carnival Cruises:
Triumph
Pride
Dream

NCL:
Windward

Old April 18th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grumpus View Post
Haha. Well, I didn't say I was too good at waiting.

I don't there will ever be a time in my life again where I will wait 2 years between cruises. If there is I'll be very very old.
Who knows when my next cruise is.....

33 Nights at Sea....
Cruise History:
6/11 - Allure of the Seas - 7 Night Western Caribbean
4/11 - Navigator of the Seas - 5 Night Western Caribbean
12/09 - Oasis of the Seas - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean ***Inaugural Sailing***
6/05 - Navigator of the Seas - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
3/01 - Disney Magic - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

Old April 18th, 2012, 10:53 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by will773 View Post
Who knows when my next cruise is.....
I know the feeling. When ever I got that feeling I would find a great deal on the Tueday sale and book one a month away. Sometimes you just gotta get the cruise fix, even is it's a short 4 or 5 nighter.

Previous Cruises

Royal Caribbean:

Celebrity Cruises:
Galaxy
Solstice

Carnival Cruises:
Triumph
Pride
Dream

NCL:
Windward

Old April 18th, 2012, 11:50 PM
40,000+ Club

Fall of 2013 and Spring of 2014 Australia itineraries for both Radiance and Rhapsody have been loaded and are now showing.

Pinnacle Club

"Successful People Keep Moving On. They Make Mistakes, But They Don't Quit!"
Conrad Hilton

Old April 18th, 2012, 11:53 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisenfever View Post
Fall of 2013 and Spring of 2014 Australia itineraries for both Radiance and Rhapsody have been loaded and are now showing.
I'm going to look right now! Thanks.

December 2013 RCCL Freedom of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean, March 2013, Hurtigruten Polarlys Norwegian Coastal Voyage; November 2012, RCCL Brilliance of the Seas - Repositioning from NJ to San Juan;
May 2011, Carnival Fantasy – Bahamas; January 2011, Celebrity Eclipse – Eastern Caribbean; August 2008, RCCL Radiance of the Seas – Alaska; April 2008, Louis Cruise Lines’ Cristal – Eastern Mediterranean;
January 2008 – HAL’s Westerdam – Southern Caribbean; October 2007, Celebrity Galaxy – Eastern Mediterranean and Black Sea; November 2006, RCCL Brilliance of the Seas – Transatlantic;
August 2006, Norwegian Dawn – Bermuda and Bahamas; November 2005, Norwegian Majesty – Western Caribbean;
February 1998, Windjammer Barefoot Cruises’ Fantome (RIP) – Eastern Caribbean Solar Eclipse Cruise;
January 1995, Windjammer Barefoot Cruises’ Flying Cloud – British Virgin Islands

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

Old April 19th, 2012, 12:02 AM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Thanks Patti! I took a look at the transpacifics in April 2014. The JS is about $4K per person. By any chance, do you remember how that compared to 2012 or 2013 prices?

Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Old April 19th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherFan View Post
Maybe they are going to change up Freedoms route after October
We have reservations for Nov. 3rd--thru Nov. 10, 2013 on FOS ---this is an Eastern Caribbean cruise. Port Canaveral, CoCoCay, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas and Philipsburg, St. Martin. Group cruise--so I can't say with who, but was booked April 1st. So won't be long and should open up on web soon.

NCL Norway Eastern Caribbean Feb. 1995, Imperial Majesty Bahamas Oct. 1999, NCL Sea Texaribbean Oct. 2000, NCL wind Alaska June 2002, Celebrity Mercury Mex. Riviera Oct.2005, NCL Pearl Southern Caribbean Mar. 2007, NCL Sun Western Caribbean Oct.2007, NCL Star Mex. Riviera Jan. 2008, NCL Jewel Repo NY-Miami Oct.2008, RCI-FOS HSR WC.Nov.2009, RCI - FOS HSR WC.Oct. 31, 2010, Next RCI- FOS HSR WC.Oct. 30th, 2011, RCI FOS HSR WC. Oct.28th 2012, NCL Sun SC. Feb. 6th,2013, RCI FOS HSR EC Nov. 3rd, 2013

Old April 19th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarea View Post
Thanks Patti! I took a look at the transpacifics in April 2014. The JS is about $4K per person. By any chance, do you remember how that compared to 2012 or 2013 prices?

Bob
I saw insides/outsides at about 1800 to 2200 the last time I looked..
https://picasaweb.google.com/111475861739475174060. RCL Liberty of the Seas April 2011 Transatlantic, CCL Inspiration 3 and 4 night Baja 2012, Queen Mary Long Beach 2012. Daily Papers, Kids Clubs, Spa, Room Service, Promos, Sales, and Arrival/Departure info.

Commador 7 nights, 1984
Sunquest/Thompson Dream Cruise 7 nights, 1997
Windjammer Barefoot Poly 7 nights, 1998
DIS Wonder 4 night 2009
RCL Transatlantic Liberty of the Seas 2011 (14 n)http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1420775
CCL Mexican Baja 4 night 2012 - Inspiration http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1550583
CCL Mexican Baja 3 night 2012 - Inspiration http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1692101
RCL B2B Monarch and Brilliance 2013 -11 nights http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1772543
CCL Mexican Winter 7 Baja 2014 - Miracle
CCL Mexican Spring 7 Baja 2014 - Miracle
RCL - B2B 25 night Legend of the Seas. 10 night Caribbean followed by 15 night Panama Canal FLL to SAN.

96 nights at sea and counting..

Old April 19th, 2012, 02:06 AM
5,000+ Club

Well, I've found a cruise on the Voyager out of Sydney in November 2013 that's just what I think I'm looking for, but I'll still wait to see what's going to be sceduled in the North-North Atlantic. I also want to compare the RCCL and Celebrity cruises out of Sydney, because I think they're similar. Don't know yet about cost.

What I do know is that this traveling solo sucks when it comes to the cost of a cruise. A Promenade cabin is about $3250 for just me on the cruise that's enticing me.

December 2013 RCCL Freedom of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean, March 2013, Hurtigruten Polarlys Norwegian Coastal Voyage; November 2012, RCCL Brilliance of the Seas - Repositioning from NJ to San Juan;
May 2011, Carnival Fantasy – Bahamas; January 2011, Celebrity Eclipse – Eastern Caribbean; August 2008, RCCL Radiance of the Seas – Alaska; April 2008, Louis Cruise Lines’ Cristal – Eastern Mediterranean;
January 2008 – HAL’s Westerdam – Southern Caribbean; October 2007, Celebrity Galaxy – Eastern Mediterranean and Black Sea; November 2006, RCCL Brilliance of the Seas – Transatlantic;
August 2006, Norwegian Dawn – Bermuda and Bahamas; November 2005, Norwegian Majesty – Western Caribbean;
February 1998, Windjammer Barefoot Cruises’ Fantome (RIP) – Eastern Caribbean Solar Eclipse Cruise;
January 1995, Windjammer Barefoot Cruises’ Flying Cloud – British Virgin Islands

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

Old April 19th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
NO
Spring of 2013 to Fall of 2014 went on sale today.
I cannot see any Spring Cruises 2014 for sale in Oz!
Glen
Voyager OTS Barcelona - Singapore May12
Radiance of the Seas Sydney - Nowhere Nov11
Mariner of the Seas TA + Med Santos - Rome March/April11
Independence of the Seas T/A April10
Serenade of the Seas Alaska Repo May09

Old April 19th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by springaussie View Post
NO
Spring of 2013 to Fall of 2014 went on sale today.
I cannot see any Spring Cruises 2014 for sale in Oz!
Glen
Now they are visible!

Old April 19th, 2012, 06:01 AM
10,000+ Club

Now that the Freedom is posted thru October I guess that covers the Summer Caribbean which was the new wording in the last flyer instead of year round Caribbean.

I guess then Oasis/Allure for October/November 2013 and the Freedom after October 2013 will come out May 14th??

Last edited by molly361; April 19th, 2012 at 06:04 AM.

Old April 19th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Cool Cruiser

Royal Caribbean confirms Voyager of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas will return to Australia in 2013-14
Thursday, 19 April 2012
Royal Caribbean International has announced its summer 2013-14 Australasian programme, revealing a line-up of the region’s three most exciting and innovative cruise ships sailing together again for a second consecutive season. Guests can choose among 53 distinctive itineraries aboard Voyager of the Seas, returning for a second and extended season, and the recently revitalised Radiance of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas. In total, the three ships will offer 55 sailings calling at 56 beautiful Australian, New Zealand and South Pacific ports, with departures from September 2013 to April 2014.
According to Adam Armstrong, commercial manager, Royal Caribbean Cruises Australia, the 2013-14 programme is a further testament to the company’s continued commitment to cruising in the region.
“It’s with great pleasure that we can confirm that sister ships, Voyager of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas, will be back to wow Australian cruisers in summer 2013-14. For the next two summer cruise seasons, Royal Caribbean International will be the largest cruise line operating out of Sydney, and these newly revitalised “premierships” will offer the very latest in cruising – experiences guests previously had to travel to other parts of the world to have,” said Adam.
“We’ve added more cruises on Australia’s first megaliner Voyager of the Seas and some new itineraries across the entire fleet to ensure that there are even more options to suit different lifestyles and needs. It’s our widest ever range of cruises Down Under. The good news too is that if you book your cabin now, you can save up to AU$1,000 per person in our Earlybird sale.”
Itineraries range from two to 18 nights and guests can select from favourites such as Round Australia and New Zealand, as well as popular favourites in Queensland and South Pacific islands of Fiji and New Caledonia. There are longer cruises for a truly pampering experience, or shorter ones for those who want to have a taste of cruising.
For her second season down under, Voyager of the Seas will sail from Sydney and Perth. Her 2013-14 season will feature four new itineraries and two additional sailings – a 10 percent extension from her maiden season. Her programme highlights include:
NEW - A 14-night cruise from Singapore to Sydney on October 24, 2013, which begins with an overnight in Singapore and calls at Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang), Malaysia, Darwin and Brisbane.
NEW – A two-night weekend sampler cruise departing from Sydney.
Five sailings to New Zealand, including popular 14-night cruises as well as a NEW shorter 11-night itinerary.
NEW – One ten-night South Pacific Fiji cruise with more ports in Fiji, and one nine-night sailing.
NEW - A nine-night Tasmania, Victoria and South Australia cruise, sailing February 4, 2014, featuring an overnight at Hobart on this one-time only itinerary.
Two 14-night sailings which uniquely combine calls in New Caledonia, Fiji and New Zealand.
A spectacular Round Australia 18-night cruise from Sydney ending in Perth
Voyager of the Seas will return to the Asia on a 14-night sailing on 27 March 2014 from Perth to Singapore, via Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City.
Radiance of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas also will commence sailings out of Sydney from October 2013 to April 2014. Together they will offer guests a wide variety of itineraries, ranging from five to 18 nights to Tasmania and Queensland, New Zealand, Fiji and New Caledonia.
Radiance of the Seas’ programme will feature:
NEW – An eight-night cruise to Queensland departing on Australia Day, allowing embarking guests to watch the day’s festivities on the harbour from the open decks.
Two and five-night sampler cruises from Sydney.
Six South Pacific cruises ranging from eight to 11 nights
Radiance of the Seas will also circumnavigate twice around Australia. Guests can choose to sail a 16-night ‘Top End’ cruise or a 17-night south coast and New Zealand sailing, or choose to combine the cruises into one majestic 33-night voyage. Cruises depart October 24, 2013 and February 14, 2014.
A 17-night Trans-Pacific Tahiti and NZ cruise, from Honolulu to Sydney departing 23 September 2013, or an 18-night Sydney to Honolulu sailing on 10 April 2014.
Rhapsody of the Seas’ programme will feature:
NEW – A 16-night Trans-Pacific Fiji and Samoa cruise from Honolulu to Sydney departing 18 September 2013 or Sydney to Honolulu on 18 April 2014.
NEW – A 15-night Queensland and South Pacific New Year cruise – a first for the cruise line.
Ten South Pacific cruises ranging from nine to 13 nights.
A seven-night Tasmania cruise.
Four 11-night Queensland sailings.
Source = Royal Caribbean International

http://www.etravelblackboard.com/art...lia-in-2013-14
Voyager OTS Barcelona - Singapore May12
Radiance of the Seas Sydney - Nowhere Nov11
Mariner of the Seas TA + Med Santos - Rome March/April11
Independence of the Seas T/A April10
Serenade of the Seas Alaska Repo May09

Old April 19th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Woohoo, got the cabin I wanted on the Australia cruise in April 2014, so now at least we know part of our honeymoon in the way distant future :-)

Old April 19th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

I was excited when I saw 577 cruises available this morning up from 525 yesterday but still not what I am looking for in the Caribbean. I do see the Australia cruises are available for 2014.

Brilliance of the Seas
10-27-13

Allure of the Seas
1-26-14

Quantum of the Seas
1-23-15

Old April 19th, 2012, 09:19 AM
20,000+ Club

Was excited to see the Australia itineraries opened up for fall 2013. Disappointed as my preferred itinerary Radiance 11 night Queensland for Oct 13 is showing SOLD OUT for the D1/ D2 / E1 / E2 categories. Hmm did they hold them back for the Australian market? Only E2 & E3's are showing for this date.

~Better well done than well said~ http://members.shaw.ca/emmysoo1
Up Next ~
Oasis ~ Eastern Carib ~ Feb 7/15
Quantum ~ 12 night ~ April 12/15
Independence OTS~ Oct 25/15 ~ Group Cruise
Serenade OTS ~ Nov 2/15 ~ 11 night Southern Carib
Oasis ~ Eastern Carib ~ April 30/16 cabin 11330

Old April 19th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Talking Caribbean

Come on Caribbean, press the enter button RCCL!!!! You can do it, I know you can. Don't say you can't. I don't accept that answer from my kids and I won't accept it with you!! Explorer here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old April 19th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus22 View Post
Come on Caribbean, press the enter button RCCL!!!! You can do it, I know you can. Don't say you can't. I don't accept that answer from my kids and I won't accept it with you!! Explorer here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Explorer is out through October. The rest of the Caribbean will be released next month.
112 Nights Cruising - Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Magic, Allure of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas (twice), Liberty of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas (twice), Serenade of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas (twice), Majesty of the Seas, Celebrity Summit, NCL Pride of America, Norwegian Sky, Golden Princess, MSC Poesia, Carnival Dream, Carnival Imagination

UPCOMING:

Quantum of the Seas - December 2014
Disney Wonder - May 2015
Oasis of the Seas - November 2015